49 yards and 17 years. What Andy Dalton did for Buffalo

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Don't get me wrong, winning super bowls and all would rock my world but in a way, I think the Buffalo fanbase has more to be proud of last year than any fans in the league. Somehow, in these divided times, our neighbors have become our enemies. In a time where everyone is accusing everyone of everything, Bills fans showed that people can be friends and rivals at the same time and that we can care about people outside of our own tribe. And yes, its great when a rugged individual can achieve something all on his own but it can also be pretty great when people achieve something with a lot help from other people. 

I hate it when my dog sees me crying in my crunch-berries. Gotta stop reading this stuff during breakfast.

Crunch Berries turn your poop bright green.

21 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Omg... I’m so over this Andy Dalton stuff. There was a reciever too, an oline, and a defense that messed up on the play. 

Thats football. 

Bills put themselves in a position to get there if the Ravens lost. Well, Ravens lost. That’s football. 

If Dalton was so great his team would have been in the playoffs. Not the Bills. 

Move on.

Agreed. It's was one pass. All the donation stuff is awesome, but Dalton didn't send us to the playoffs. You'd have to look at every play made that may have kept other teams from sliding into the final spot along with every play that led to every win needed to get in. It's like blaming Norwood for the first loss. If you are up by 10 points the kick would have been irrelevant. But it sure was fun seeing Kyle smash into the end zone.....fridge part deux.

It turned into more than just a pass.

It was a rare thing in pro sports.  A POSITIVE story, fueled by a grassroots fan initiated wave.  That fan base is ours, and it gives me immense pride.  It turns out, Dalton and his wife seem like good people, and have a wonderful foundation/cause.  Boyd's youth football organization also raised a ton of loot.  Dalton reciprocated and used some of the money raised in our city to help children

Dalton and the bengals' offense could have easily threw in the towel or gone through the motions, but fought in a "meaningless" game.  It culminated in a dramatic play that acutely put the bills in the playoffs and ended the drought.

Like everything in football, the QB gets most of the attention, credit, or blame.  

Im going to give dalton a standing O.  But its also a recognition of all things above, including our fans.  Itll be a unique and special moment.  Nobody is going to take my man card away.  I can take time away from my grunts, boos, beer dispensing helmet, and pork rinds,  demanding sacks to show some recognition to the human side.  

31 minutes ago, The Process said:

Agreed. It's was one pass. All the donation stuff is awesome, but Dalton didn't send us to the playoffs. You'd have to look at every play made that may have kept other teams from sliding into the final spot along with every play that led to every win needed to get in. It's like blaming Norwood for the first loss. If you are up by 10 points the kick would have been irrelevant. But it sure was fun seeing Kyle smash into the end zone.....fridge part deux.

If he didn’t make the pass and it wasn’t caught and the result a TD, would the Bills have made the playoffs?

Seriously. 

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If he didn’t make the pass and it wasn’t caught and the result a TD, would the Bills have made the playoffs?

Seriously. 

You missed the point. Just because it was the last required piece of the puzzle doesn't mean it's the only piece. It's like playing Jenga. The tower falls and it's all because of the last piece pulled? If we didn't win the snow game playoffs would have been  unattainable. So is anyone saying lake effect snow sent us to the playoffs? No wait....if the ice age never happened the Great Lakes wouldn't be there....no lake effect snow....no win....no playoffs. 

Just now, The Process said:

You missed the point. Just because it was the last required piece of the puzzle doesn't mean it's the only piece. It's like playing Jenga. The tower falls and it's all because of the last piece pulled? If we didn't win the snow game playoffs would have been  unattainable. So is anyone saying lake effect snow sent us to the playoffs? No wait....if the ice age never happened the Great Lakes wouldn't be there....no lake effect snow....no win....no playoffs. 

Yes or no.  

If there wasn’t a TD would the Bills have made the playoffs?

and the point you missed 

How an Andy Dalton TD pass became $450K to help sick children.  

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Seriously. 

Agreed. I still think it’s so Billsy that the play that ended the drought didn’t involve the Bills. 

I don’t see Dalton as some kind of hero, but rather a trigger for the true nature of Bills fans to show itself to the rest of the country. The response to that play, and the good that came out of it, is a great, great story. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2018 at 8:04 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32024/49-yards-and-17-years-buffalo-recalls-its-new-years-miracle

Somebody said [Dalton] could run for mayor in Buffalo and put up a fight against Byron Brown in an election if he wanted to,"

What kind of welcome will Andy Dalton get Sunday?

This is the topic I started. 

5 minutes ago, The Process said:

You missed the point. J

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Agreed. I still think it’s so Billsy that the play that ended the drought didn’t involve the Bills. 

I don’t see Dalton as some kind of hero, but rather a trigger for the true nature of Bills fans to show itself to the rest of the country. The response to that play, and the good that came out of it, is a great, great story. 

Yes it did turn out to be a “good” national story.  

22 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, I’m the one taking it too seriously. Sounds like you and the like want to build statues to Andy Dalton for playing a game he’s paid millions to play. 

The Bills put themselves in that position. I assure you Andy Dalton wasn’t thinking of the Bills or their fans when he made that pass. 

It had its time, and it should be over. If gives our fans a bad look imo. We sat in the cold and snow and watched 17 years of garbage football. Dalton didn’t end that, our team did. Giving Dalton this much credit is a bit amateurish. And disrespectful to the team that played their hearts out all year.

You clearly have something against Gingers huh?

23 hours ago, Mickey said:

Don't get me wrong, winning super bowls and all would rock my world but in a way, I think the Buffalo fanbase has more to be proud of last year than any fans in the league. Somehow, in these divided times, our neighbors have become our enemies. In a time where everyone is accusing everyone of everything, Bills fans showed that people can be friends and rivals at the same time and that we can care about people outside of our own tribe. And yes, its great when a rugged individual can achieve something all on his own but it can also be pretty great when people achieve something with a lot of help from other people. 

I hate it when my dog sees me crying in my crunch-berries. Gotta stop reading this stuff during breakfast.

I hear you, but... Super Bowl would be way better.

I also feel the collective 'kumbaya' here, and "caring about people outside of our tribe", but to play devil's advocate I will quote Sturgill Simpson "people only want to be you're friend when you got something they need". Where was all the Dalton love before that game? Nowhere. It didn't exist. Just like everything else we are selfish and only care because it benefitted us. It's great that the kids win and so much money went to charity (and now Roswell Park), but let's not write it as some noble magnanimity. We gave because we care- about ourselves above all else. It's the human condition.

Not trying to piss in you're sweet and salty crunch berries, just calling them like I perceive them.

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes or no.  

If there wasn’t a TD would the Bills have made the playoffs?

and the point you missed 

How an Andy Dalton TD pass became $450K to help sick children.  

Yes....I'm relenting to to the font measuring contest. Gee I hope Dalton throws another touchdown pass that helps the hapless Bills get in.

15 minutes ago, The Process said:

Yes....I'm relenting to to the font measuring contest. Gee I hope Dalton throws another touchdown pass that helps the hapless Bills get in.

I usually do don’t control the font from a copied headline 

As I said. A quick thanks thenthe gloves come off 

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I hear you, but... Super Bowl would be way better.

I also feel the collective 'kumbaya' here, and "caring about people outside of our tribe", but to play devil's advocate I will quote Sturgill Simpson "people only want to be you're friend when you got something they need". Where was all the Dalton love before that game? Nowhere. It didn't exist. Just like everything else we are selfish and only care because it benefitted us. It's great that the kids win and so much money went to charity (and now Roswell Park), but let's not write it as some noble magnanimity. We gave because we care- about ourselves above all else. It's the human condition.

Not trying to piss in you're sweet and salty crunch berries, just calling them like I perceive them.

Stop,  I gave not because of just what Dalton did on the field.  Yeh that was a great thing and rolled my eyes initially, but then I saw what his foundation does and realized that was more important than what happened on the field and both were great things.  Get off your negative nancy pills and enjoy the spirit of the thing. Or are you so far gone that you have no joy in your life...  I’ll say a prayer for you... can I get an AAmen?

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

don't you think the WR deserves more of the credit? Made a great run after catch

It was mentioned, yes he deserves credit. 

Also memtioned the QB usually gets the credit. 

Rarely we do get The Catch as the key to a win.  But I think they reserve that for playoff games. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It was mentioned, yes he deserves credit. 

Also memtioned the QB usually gets the credit. 

Rarely we do get The Catch as the key to a win.  But I think they reserve that for playoff games. 

Sorry, didn't read whole thread....thanks

On 8/25/2018 at 6:47 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Am I missing that part? Am I being negative? 

It had its time and now it has passed. If I’m being honest it makes us look a little odd in that Boyd did most of the work and no one makes any mention of him. 

Is he not a human? 

QB's always going to get the most recognition. Might not be fair but that's just the way it is. They get all the blame and all the glory. That said, Boyd did get some love from us as well once we found out he also had a charity. 

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Stop,  I gave not because of just what Dalton did on the field.  Yeh that was a great thing and rolled my eyes initially, but then I saw what his foundation does and realized that was more important than what happened on the field and both were great things.  Get off your negative nancy pills and enjoy the spirit of the thing. Or are you so far gone that you have no joy in your life...  I’ll say a prayer for you... can I get an AAmen?

Give me a break. I donated and I would give an ovation for Andy. I thanked Cincy fans...

... I just see that it's disingenuous to pretend it's righteous generosity. We got something, we said thanks. There would be no giving if we didn't get something first. 

I'm sorry the facts make you want to pray for me. I don't need to spin the story to feel good about myself, I live as happy a life as I can imagine, and the facts are good enough for me.

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Give me a break. I donated and I would give an ovation for Andy. I thanked Cincy fans...

... I just see that it's disingenuous to pretend it's righteous generosity. We got something, we said thanks. There would be no giving if we didn't get something first. 

I'm sorry the facts make you want to pray for me. I don't need to spin the story to feel good about myself, I live as happy a life as I can imagine, and the facts are good enough for me.

...all good points bud.....he's "saying a prayer for you"?.....pretty rarified air on his high horse.......I'm CERTAIN (COUGH) that every Bills fan that donated knew long before "the game" and "the catch" about Dalton's Foundation....bet they all had their checks made out if we won..........but what if THEY didn't?...mark it "VOID"?....good Lord...............