John McCain Discontinuing Medical Treatment

My question a few pages back kinda got buried in the great "Dude/Rhino" debate, so I think I will ask it again..................

2130518_1.jpgstock-vector-hipster-rhino-dressed-up-in

A quick question for the board ......................(especially those who cannot see the real reason for the recent McCain-fest on TV)

Name a Democrat who gets praised in the media for working across the aisle in Congress.

• Like (+1) 1

My question a few pages back kinda got buried in the great "Dude/Rhino" debate, so I think I will ask it again..................

A quick question for the board ......................(especially those who cannot see the real reason for the recent McCain-fest on TV)

Name a Democrat who gets praised in the media for working across the aisle in Congress.

Why would the progressive media, shills for the democrat party, ever praise a democrat for trying to work with their mortal enemy?

Why would the progressive media, shills for the democrat party, ever praise a democrat for trying to work with their mortal enemy?

Thats kinda my point.

Bipartisan means the Republican gives in completely.

Democrats almost never compromise, and if they did they would be chastised, not praised.

Johnny  Boy
Song by Celtic Woman
Lyrics

Oh, Johnny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.

The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow,
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow,
It's I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow,
Oh, Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so!

But when ye come, and all the flowers are dying,
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
You'll come and find the place where I am lying,
And kneel and say an Ave there for me.

And I shall hear, though soft you tread above me,
And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be,
For you will bend and tell me that you love me,
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me!

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

Sorry to interrupt.

A quick question for the board (especially those who cannot see the real reason for the recent McCain-fest on TV)

The closest I can think of would be Joe Lieberman, but he wasn't praised as much as he simply wasn't excoriated in the press. Then again, he left the Democrat party in 2006 and became an Independent.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Joe Manchin (WV), Heidi Heitkamp, Joe Donnally (IN), and Jon Tester (MT) are praised as bipartisan Democrats in their election year, then mostly forgotten the other 5 years

Sen. Graham weighs in on Meghan McCain's criticism of Trump: 'She is her father's daughter'

Washington (CNN)Two former friends of Sen. John McCain say his daughter Meghan McCain's pointed criticism of President Donald Trump in her speech at the Arizona Republican's memorial service on Saturday reflected the character of her late father.

"She is her father's daughter," South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "If you say something bad about her dad, you will know it, whether you're the janitor or the President of the United States. She is grieving for the father she adored. I think most Americans understand that."

Former independent Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, who joined the program with Graham, said he was a "proud uncle" watching McCain's speech at the memorial service.
"She was direct ... the way John was," Lieberman said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/02/politics/lindsey-graham-joe-lieberman-cnntv/index.html

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

Dick Durbin did a good job working an excellent compromise immigration bill with Lindsey Graham. Before, you know, 45 decided that he had a hate-on for "Sh*thole countries" and threw the deal back in the face of the senators working on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dick Durbin did a good job working an excellent compromise immigration bill with Lindsey Graham. Before, you know, 45 decided that he had a hate-on for "Sh*thole countries" and threw the deal back in the face of the senators working on it.

As usual, you don't tell the truth.

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The only thing bipartisan about that bill was that EVERYONE hated it.  "Comically inadequate" was my favorite description.

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Sen. Graham weighs in on Meghan McCain's criticism of Trump: 'She is her father's daughter'

Washington (CNN)Two former friends of Sen. John McCain say his daughter Meghan McCain's pointed criticism of President Donald Trump in her speech at the Arizona Republican's memorial service on Saturday reflected the character of her late father.

"She is her father's daughter," South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "If you say something bad about her dad, you will know it, whether you're the janitor or the President of the United States. She is grieving for the father she adored. I think most Americans understand that."

Former independent Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, who joined the program with Graham, said he was a "proud uncle" watching McCain's speech at the memorial service.
"She was direct ... the way John was," Lieberman said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/02/politics/lindsey-graham-joe-lieberman-cnntv/index.html

Her eulogy was embarrassing.  Just awful. 

7 hours ago, ALF said:

I don't like how they (Bush Jr., Obama, Meghan McCain) used a funeral to take political shots at Trump.  If anybody criticizes them for this then they go "Have you know decency.  This is a funeral."  It's just cowardice.

• Like (+1) 5

USA TODAY COLUMN: Sen. John McCain’s funeral put Washington’s vicious political hypocrisy fully on display.

“Though some operatives tried to walk it back the next day, the McCain funeral was, despite his absence, all about our current president. As someone said on Twitter, they came not to praise McCain, but to bury Trump. And yet, despite solemn encomia to civility, honor, and integrity from the likes of Barack Obama and Henry Kissinger, amplified by the press’s Greek chorus, the notion that we used to live in some golden age of civility and bipartisanship exemplified by the career of Sen. McCain is belied by, among other things, the career of John McCain.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

BREAKING BEWS: John McCain still dead.  Tune in tomorrow, 7pm, for CNN's hour-long special on this developing story.

Do you belittle every celebrity death with the same trite jokes you do to McCain? You're a scumbag.