The Legalization of Weed

Chef Jim

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I just have never heard of anything like that.  Neurological damage from LSD?  Interesting....

Yes, indeed.  One of the reasons I was so impressed with the dispensary I visited in Las Vegas.  Everything from bud to brownie was labeled with THC level and a bunch of other stuff that I wasn’t familiar with.  You knew what you were getting into, and the “budtenders” gave good advice about dosage.

Yeah, we went to one in Denver, and it was very enlightening. It’s a serious business and very impressive. Edibles would scare me because you wouldn’t know when you’d gone too far. Maybe for those who “practice” it’s a better option, but that would concern me. We have friends with a place out there, and they will be the first to tell you this isn’t the old days - this stuff can mess you up! 

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, we went to one in Denver, and it was very enlightening. It’s a serious business and very impressive. Edibles would scare me because you wouldn’t know when you’d gone too far. Maybe for those who “practice” it’s a better option, but that would concern me. We have friends with a place out there, and they will be the first to tell you this isn’t the old days - this stuff can mess you up! 

Edibles are metabolized differently in the liver.  Nearly 5x stronger than the same “dosage” consumed by smoking or vaping.  I appreciated that each “budtender” I spoke with preached caution with respect to consuming the edibles.  The wife and I shared a 20 mg peanut butter rice crispy treat before the cirque Beatles show, and it proved to be an amazing experience.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Whilst in the Navy, I did LSD three times.  Can't got popped for LSD via urinalysis.  Never did it on the ship or at work.

It was the most fun I've ever had, as far as being in an altered state goes.

Shortly after getting out of the Navy, I was at a friend's party.  He had some of his college friends over.  One of them was this girl whose arms would both go up into a "robot" position (forearms parallel to the floor) unless she consciously put them down or used them.

This was permanent neurological damage as a result of dropping bad acid.  That's when I decided I'd never do it again and I won't.  Just too dangerous.

Shrooms are on my list of things to try.  I have access to weed whenever I want it; I just choose not to smoke it.  I agree with you guys re: weed and shrooms; but LSD ... that **** is poison (but so !@#$ing fun).

Cant go wrong with the magic mushrooms my friend... not bad at all for your body

eat an 1/8 or if you dare a 1/4 and you will unlock the secrets to the universe... and they make you really really happy?

here in Washington and Oregon, marijuana is taking over the landscape. i was takings photos out of the back of the train when all of a sudden what do i see out of the corner of my right eye? a marijuana farm along the Columbia. i guess i kinda knew that there would be "farms", but until i actually saw it i guess i didn't comprehend that they were really out there.

i loved to experiment growing plants when i was younger. i no longer imbibe but if NY ever falls inline, i will be growing the next day.

awe man, the pic i wanted to upload is too big. can't resize it on my phone, sorry.

Edited by Foxx

19 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

New York is one of the more redneck states for this.

If they let the people decide, it will pass. If they leave to the politicians with their pockets full or big pharma and alcohol industry money, it wont.

That's the way we got it passed in my state.  Citizen's initiative.  Do they have that in New York?

No referendums in NY.  Wish we could have some sort of constitutional convention thingy where we could re-organize the cumbersome state government in the interest of the citizens.  Oh, thats right.  We had a chance to vote for it, but the State Unions executed a fear campaign to sabotage it.  We'll get another chance in 2037 though.

As far as legalization.  A few years ago, it stood zero chance.  Then medicinal opened the door a crack and it was very limited.  Last year, the barn door on medicinal was thrown wide open with the "Chronic Pain" availability, where almost anyone can get a card.  The also just decriminalized it in NYC I believe.  

Now Cuomo, who was once publicly against it, seems to have changed his tune.  He assigned the State Health Dept to perform a study on recreational (expecting mixed results), and the results came back overwhelmingly positive.  He has created a group of experts who are now crafting a bill for recreational for the legislature in 2019.  We will see how far it gets there... but there is a growing wave.  In the states who have legalized recreational, these marijuana law rollbacks seemed to be inevitable after a certain point and it feels like NYS is past the threshold.  

On 9/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, May Day 10 said:

No referendums in NY.  Wish we could have some sort of constitutional convention thingy where we could re-organize the cumbersome state government in the interest of the citizens.  Oh, thats right.  We had a chance to vote for it, but the State Unions executed a fear campaign to sabotage it.  We'll get another chance in 2037 though.

As far as legalization.  A few years ago, it stood zero chance.  Then medicinal opened the door a crack and it was very limited.  Last year, the barn door on medicinal was thrown wide open with the "Chronic Pain" availability, where almost anyone can get a card.  The also just decriminalized it in NYC I believe.  

Now Cuomo, who was once publicly against it, seems to have changed his tune.  He assigned the State Health Dept to perform a study on recreational (expecting mixed results), and the results came back overwhelmingly positive.  He has created a group of experts who are now crafting a bill for recreational for the legislature in 2019.  We will see how far it gets there... but there is a growing wave.  In the states who have legalized recreational, these marijuana law rollbacks seemed to be inevitable after a certain point and it feels like NYS is past the threshold.  

With Maine, Mass, and Vermont legalizing recreational in recent years, you’d think NY wouldn’t be too far behind.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He pulled a Bill Clinton.  

He didn’t inhale!  

If that was his only “toke” the people  losing their minds.....  need a toke or two themselves 

Wife and I were talking about Telsa yesterday.  I say the dude is !@#$ing up.  Getting involved with too many things.  I feel he, and his enterprises, are going to crash and burn.  This is why Apple has done so well.  They do pretty much one thing and do it really really well. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wife and I were talking about Telsa yesterday.  I say the dude is !@#$ing up.  Getting involved with too many things.  I feel he, and his enterprises, are going to crash and burn.  This is why Apple has done so well.  They do pretty much one thing and do it really really well. 

Could be. 

I was thinking maybe the BOD limits his “power” in future decisions.  

I picked up a 1/4 of Jack Herer for opening weekend.  The dude I got it from had like 12 different strains.  Went with the heavy sativa. 

I’ve been vaping THC oil for so long that I forgot what the buzz was like from smoking the actual bud.  Rolled a joint and shared it with my neighbor last night.  Was a really nice, energetic buzz.  So much different than vaping.  I’ll probably do a few bingers before/during the game tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cannabis stocks are going a little crazy.  Tilray (ticker TLRY), which I do not own, opened in mid- July at about $20.  I looked a bit ago and it was at $230 per share.  Pretty good return if you had bought in early.  At this point I can't get myself to buy as it seems so overvalued.  Some other ones, which I do own, have done well but nothing like that TLRY rocket.

edit:  The stock hit a day high of $300 and then fell back to $150. After 5 ‘halt trading’ volatility stops the stock finished the day close to $200 per share. Wild day

Edited by Bob in Mich