THE FINAL 53 CHALLENGE: Results are In!!!

Thank you to everyone that helped submit their entry for the Pick The 53 contest.  This was a very fun way to follow the Bills preseason - which at times can be somewhat boring.

If you are interested I have another prediction idea that I can share next week.  I think it will be a lot of fun as well.  

Well the results are in.  While many roster spots went the way we thought they would, there were a few surprises as well.   I did decide to change the way I did the scoring.  Instead of assigning 2 points per correct answer, I changed it to 1 point.  This way a "46" lets you know that someone correctly predicted 46 roster spots correctly.   Also please note, the Bills roster only has 52 players and not 53.  As a result the highest score is a 52...not a 53

But without wasting any time, I'd like to congratulate TSW member @betop who achieved the highest score of 50/52 or a shocking accuracy of 96%.  Below are the top 15.  (Sorry couldn't find a way to add a table to this message)

RANK      NAME                                  SCORE                   ACCURACY 

1.              @betop                               50/52                          96%

2.               @TheStandard                   49/52                           94%

3.              @TPS                                 49/52                          94%         

4.              @Pete                                48/52                          92%

5.             @The Bills Blog                   48/52                          92%

6.             @billsfan2298                     48/52                          92%

7.            @Csharp                             48/52                          92%

8.           @BuffaloRush                    47/52                          90%

9.           @Robert Paulson                 47/52                          90%

10.        @Watkins101                       47/52                          90%

11.        @loveorhatembillsfan4life    47/52                          90%

12.        @flipjohnson                        47/52                          90%

13.         @Dunkirk Don                     47/52                          90%

14.         @N.Y. Orangeman              47/52                          90%

15.         @mattynh                         47/52                          90%

*16 others tied with a score of 47

So the question is, how did TSW hold up against the journalists who follow the Bills?  Pretty darn good if you ask me:

RANK      NAME                                    NEWS OUTLET                        SCORE                   ACCURACY             

1.            Joe Buscaglia                        WKBW-TV                                    49                               94%

2.            Nick Wojton                            Bills Wire USA Today                48                               92%

3.            Matt Parino                            NY Upstate                                 47                               90%

4.            Sal Maiorana                         Democrat & Chronicle              47                               90%

5.           "Crooked" Mike Rodak          ESPN                                           47                               90%

6.           Brian Gailford                         Buffalo Rumblings                   47                               90%

7.          Matthew Fairburn                   The Athletic                               47                               90%

8.          Fernando H. Schmude           Cover 1                                       46                               88%

9.           Derek Kramer                         WGR-AM                                     45                               87%

10.         Evan Przybylak                      Buffalo LoDown - Fansided     44                              85%

11.        Jay Skurski                             Buffalo News                             44                              85%

12.       Matt Warren                           Buffalo Rumblings                     43                              83%

13.       Kevin Massare                       Bills Wire USA Today                 43                             83%

In case you were wondering, here's some more data for you:

Lowest score:  38

Highest Score:  50

Average Score: 44.21 or 85% accuracy

Median Score:  45

Frequently missed questions

There were the players that people missed on - either by predicting they made the team or by predicting they would be cut etc.  For instance, out of the 186 responses received, only 11 people predicted that Corey Coleman would be cut from the team.  That means only 5.9% of respondents correctly predicted he was not making the team.

Robert Foster had much greater odds - only 4 people picked him to make the team!  That means only 2.2% percent of respondents correctly forecasted his fate!

PLAYER                       Correct Answers                Accuracy Rate 
AJ McCarron               19 / 185                                     10.3%
Taiwan Jones             75 / 185                                     40.5 %
Corey Coleman          11 / 185                                       5.9%
Robert Foster               4 / 185                                       2.2%
Rod Streater               86 / 185                                      46.5%
Nick O'Leary               67 / 185                                      36.2%
Logan Thomas           89 / 185                                     48.1%
Conor McDermott.     76 / 185                                    41.1%
Lafayette Pitts            46 / 185                                    24.9%
Tanner Vallejo.            49 / 184                                   26.6%
Dean Marlowe             88 / 177                                  49.7%
John Ryan                    48 / 157                                  30.6%

Edited by BuffaloRush
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

That is the first thing that jumped out at me.

Haha great. That 200 something page thread of his was top notch trollery.

And the OP has the same #

Funny but I thought he too was on a bam of some sort

Joe B 94%.  With his reporting I have my doubts 

so where is the link to the actual results?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Thank you to everyone that helped submit their entry for the Pick The 53 contest.  This was a very fun way to follow the Bills preseason - which at times can be somewhat boring.

If you are interested I have another prediction idea that I can share next week.  I think it will be a lot of fun as well.  

Well the results are in.  While many roster spots went the way we thought they would, there were a few surprises as well.   I did decide to change the way I did the scoring.  Instead of assigning 2 points per correct answer, I changed it to 1 point.  This way a "46" lets you know that someone correctly predicted 46 roster spots correctly.   Also please note, the Bills roster only has 52 players and not 53.  As a result the highest score is a 52...not a 53

But without wasting any time, I'd like to congratulate TSW member @betop who achieved the highest score of 50/52 or a shocking accuracy of 96%.  Below are the top 15.  (Sorry couldn't find a way to add a table to this message)

RANK      NAME                                  SCORE                   ACCURACY 

1.              @betop                               50/52                          96%

2.               @TheStandard                   49/52                           94%

3.              @TPS                                 49/52                          94%         

4.              @Pete                                48/52                          92%

5.             @The Bills Blog                   48/52                          92%

6.             @billsfan2298                     48/52                          92%

7.            @Csharp                             48/52                          92%

9.           @Robert Paulson                 47/52                          90%

12.        @flipjohnson                        47/52                          90%

13.         @Dunkirk Don                     47/52                          90%

14.         @N.Y. Orangeman              47/52                          90%

15.         @mattynh                         47/52                          90%

So the question is, how did TSW hold up against the journalists who follow the Bills?  Pretty darn good if you ask me:

RANK      NAME                                    NEWS OUTLET                        SCORE                   ACCURACY             

1.            Joe Buscaglia                        WKBW-TV                                    49                               94%

2.            Nick Wojton                            Bills Wire USA Today                48                               92%

3.            Matt Parino                            NY Upstate                                 47                               90%

4.            Sal Maiorana                         Democrat & Chronicle              47                               90%

5.           "Crooked" Mike Rodak          ESPN                                           47                               90%

6.           Brian Gailford                         Buffalo Rumblings                   47                               90%

7.          Matthew Fairburn                   The Athletic                               47                               90%

8.          Fernando H. Schmude           Cover 1                                       46                               88%

9.           Derek Kramer                         WGR-AM                                     45                               87%

10.         Evan Przybylak                      Buffalo LoDown - Fansided     44                              85%

11.        Jay Skurski                             Buffalo News                             44                              85%

12.       Matt Warren                           Buffalo Rumblings                     43                              83%

13.       Kevin Massare                       Bills Wire USA Today                 43                             83%

There were the players that people missed on - either by predicting they made the team or by predicting they would be cut etc.  For instance, out of the 186 responses received, only 11 people predicted that Corey Coleman would be cut from the team.  That means only 5.9% of respondents correctly predicted he was not making the team.

Robert Foster had much greater odds - only 4 people picked him to make the team!  That means only 2.2% percent of respondents correctly forecasted his fate!

AJ McCarron               19 / 185                                     10.3%
Taiwan Jones             75 / 185                                     40.5 %
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dunkirk Don????

47/52?

follow the dots 

He cheated using inside info and still got 5 wrong ;) 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And the OP has the same #

Funny but I thought he too was on a bam of some sort

Joe B 94%.  With his reporting I have my doubts 

so where is the link to the actual results?

He posted a link to it early Friday...he had Vallejo cut,Taiwan making it ect

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

That is the first thing that jumped out at me.

Haha great. That 200 something page thread of his was top notch trollery.

Yeah it was epic and a lot of laughs.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

But without wasting any time, I'd like to congratulate TSW member @betop who achieved the highest score of 50/52 or a shocking accuracy of 96%.  Below are the top 15.  (Sorry couldn't find a way to add a table to this message)

2.               @TheStandard                   49/52                           94%

5.             @The Bills Blog                   48/52                          92%

6.             @billsfan2298                     48/52                          92%

9.           @Robert Paulson                 47/52                          90%

13.         @Dunkirk Don                     47/52                          90%

14.         @N.Y. Orangeman              47/52                          90%

15.         @mattynh                         47/52                          90%

AJ McCarron               19 / 185                                     10.3%
Taiwan Jones             75 / 185                                     40.5 %

Love that the guy who won has 5 posts!

Goes to show that the loudest here are not always the brightest. Cool contest and a great breakdown of the stats. 100% positive contribution to TBD.

And given what this season looks like, may I say, please keep it going! We need all the help we can get getting through the next 16 games. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Surprise surprise....someone is whinging about threads.  Things will never change here

Can I ask why you created duplicate threads?  

Did it have to do with my calling out the “winners”?

Shady and his gang keep an eye out for Dunkirk Don references.