Richie Incognito Arrested in Arizona for Disorderly Conduct and Making Threats

Just now, wiskibreth said:

No, I don't think mental illness is funny, and it wasn't reported in the OP that it was at his father's funeral.  That is sad, and I feel genuine sympathy for him.

Then again I don't know Richie personally,  nor do I know for certain that he actually suffers from mental illness, beyond the conjecture of the resident psychologists claiming so on this board.

It's not conjecture. He himself has addressed his struggles with mental illness as have people that know him and care for him.  This is no secret.  Don't try to turn this on anyone else . 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not conjecture. He himself has addressed his struggles with mental illness as have people that know him and care for him.  This is no secret.  Don't try to turn this on anyone else . 

not turning it on anyone else.  just ignorance.

• Sad 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Man, this has been so sad to see Richie just melting down this offseason. I really hope he gets the help he so clearly needs. 

Even scarier that he is driving around with multiple guns in his trunk while in this mental state. 

Yeah, he's clearly a threat to himself and others.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me Ritchie is creating the drama not TBD.

The Scottsdale, Arizona police department has confirmed that Incognito was arrested Monday on counts of disorderly conduct and threats arising from an incident at Messingers Funeral Home in Scottsdale. As of this posting, Incognito remains in custody.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Incognito allegedly created a disturbance by “acting erratically and making the employees feel incredibly uncomfortable” while handling arrangements for his late father. Incognito allegedly made a gun gesture toward one of the employees, and he said that he has guns in his truck.

According to the source, weapons were indeed in his truck, and the weapons were impounded.

That is good to hear. I don’t know how long they can keep them, though? Do they have to give him back as soon as he is released? although I am not sure how much it really matters if he is set on doing something with them. I am sure he would have zero issue just going to buy more in Arizona if he truly wants to. 

Hopefully he is not seriously thinking of using a gun anyway, and there’s nothing to worry about in that regard. 

Edited by BillsFan4

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me Ritchie is creating the drama not TBD.

The Scottsdale, Arizona police department has confirmed that Incognito was arrested Monday on counts of disorderly conduct and threats arising from an incident at Messingers Funeral Home in Scottsdale. As of this posting, Incognito remains in custody.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Incognito allegedly created a disturbance by “acting erratically and making the employees feel incredibly uncomfortable” while handling arrangements for his late father. Incognito allegedly made a gun gesture toward one of the employees, and he said that he has guns in his truck.

According to the source, weapons were indeed in his truck, and the weapons were impounded.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was at the funeral home where Incongnito was working on planning his father's services; he died over the weekend.

Made a gun gesture to employees.  Said he had guns in his vehicle.  Turns out, he did.  Sad situation.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/richie-incognito-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct-threats/

It's sad all around no doubt and hope he can get help. I'm not going to lose sleep about and ex-Bill getting arrested for disorderly conduct whom is filthy rich and never has to work another day in his life. I'm just glad he retired or left the team before acting like a damn fool. 

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

PFT seemed to bury the lead by not tweeting that it was at his father's funeral.

I have no idea what happened, but I do know that losing your dad is a raw and very emotional for me.  Still is.

Worse day of my life. I was a Zombie pretty much for a year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

Then again I don't know Richie personally,  nor do I know for certain that he actually suffers from mental illness, beyond the conjecture of the resident psychologists claiming so on this board.

If by conjecture you mean over a decade's worth of erratic behavior in public that show clear signs of mental illness, then guilty as charged.

24 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It is sad.  I have to start questioning where are his family and friends?

He needs them to step up and help him.

Sadly, very often with mental illness, if the person isn’t willing to admit they need help and seek it themselves, there’s little friends or family can do. 

A fraternity brother of mine went through a very dark period a few years ago. He was off his meds and just completely spiraling out of control, documenting it all on social media. It was very eerie and very sad, yet I’m sure many here would’ve called it “funny” if they didn’t know him. 

The rest of us from the frat had a massive online discussion about it, asking for advice from brothers in law, medicine, social services, etc. Bottom line was, unless he was imprisoned, it was on him to comply with mental health care. 

A bunch of guys talked to him, including a few who had had their own struggles. He finally got his **** together, remarried, and is even able to have time with his young son again. 

I know nothing about Richie’s condition or any diagnosis, but I know that most everyone carries some kind of weight with themselves, deep down inside. It needs to be ok to be able to talk about it and get the help one needs.

We don’t laugh and point at the jaundiced person (“LOL, bro is all yellow”) when they have liver disease. “Mental health” is just “health.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm thinking dude is just not able to transition to a normal life. I knew a guy that was two different people. Most of the time he was a big teddy bear but when this dude got triggered he went full combat mode wanting a piece of anybody willing to fight. 

The dude would just flip personality for no reason. He did the military thing so I understand that had an effect. I imagine that s Richie's problem. He switches to that aggressive personality and can't control it. 

Edited by Lfod