Do we need to go after a fairly proven deep threat?

Considering Allen's deep accuracy and ridiculous arm and the dimension it brings to the offense that EVERY defense has to account for; do you think that Beane and co. are / should be actively looking for a proven (more proven than Coleman) deep threat?

I know that we can't get a Julio or AB, but maybe give up a player or pick for an upgrade?

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, Corey Coleman was among our best options with him still being on a rookie deal.  Desean Jackson was rumored to be on the trading block and who know if he's lost a step or not, but he'd pry be too expensive to take a chance on.  None of the other FA WR's available (or on the trading block that I know of) have that break away speed.

34 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

Considering Allen's deep accuracy and ridiculous arm and the dimension it brings to the offense that EVERY defense has to account for; do you think that Beane and co. are / should be actively looking for a proven (more proven than Coleman) deep threat?

I know that we can't get a Julio or AB, but maybe give up a player or pick for an upgrade?

If you are patient Sammy Watkins deal will be up after 2021.......and he'll still be 28 when he hits FA........Kelvin Benjamin will be 28 this winter when he hits FA.?

Trading a great deep threat like Watkins and then trading similar draft capital for KB and then drafting a perfect fit for Watkins in Josh Allen was bad feng shui.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

With Coleman's injury history and limited book of work, and not even one semi-proven deep threat behind him, I'm sure that some teams have a surplus of speed.

Not saying they are the answer, but someone like Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Maclin...

What would you give up for Marquis Goodwin?   ?

2 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

With Coleman's injury history and limited book of work, and not even one semi-proven deep threat behind him, I'm sure that some teams have a surplus of speed.

Not saying they are the answer, but someone like Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Maclin...

Wallace is still fast but he isn't available. Jackson has lost a step and isn't a "process" guy, Mac has definitely lost a step. 

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We honestly need two to go along with Benjamin and Coleman on the outside man his arm with 4 wide set yes please might be time to start scouting receivers for next years draft since where likely to take 1 in the first 3 rounds 

Sammy Watkins is considered a speedy deep threat. Zay ran the same 40 time, so should Zay be considered a deep threat?

How does Coleman track down the deep throws Foster gave up on?

I give Foster credit, he caught Allen's bad first deep throw. Allen had an incomplete on his first throw, but it was caught.

The other two misses were all Foster. He needs to lay out in PG2 and PG3 to make the team. I still think Foster has some magic in him. Now he knows Allen's gun, and he will be called on deep.

Where was Dupre? At least Foster got open deep. What did Dupre do? (PS I'm a Dupre fan)

The deep balls are why a lot of Bills fans want to see Allen with the 1's. Would KB, Coleman, Jones, Kerley be able to provide enough pop to match Allen's arm?

Ray Ray and even still Foster are my dark horses in the preseason WR scramble.

Ray Ray opened my eyes in PG1. If I'm Taiwan Jones, T Cadet or ar WR I'm looking at Ray Ray. His ST ability, and willingness to catch an Allen bullet, puts Ray Ray in the lead.

I would say pass on the WRs and get offensive linemen. Give Allen some time in the pocket because he can throw it anywhere on the field. If a defense has to worry about a great RB, a moble QB and defend the entire field, there are going to be some huge holes 25-30 yards downfield. I know 60 yard bombs get cheeks out of seats but so do 2 30 yard bombs with YAC. 

• Like (+1) 1