Allen should start with #1's

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I hated the pick and he won me over since. I think he should start now. A lot of fans I know and post here hated the pick when it happened feel the same way I do. 

I definitely didn't like the pick but I thought he looked the part last night. I also went and watched Baker Mayfield, you know what I saw? A lot of the same things Allen did. Mayfield made 2 really bad decisions and he had some bad ball placement on receivers that were wide open. He seemed to be throwing low. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I hated the pick and he won me over since. I think he should start now. A lot of fans I know and post here hated the pick when it happened feel the same way I do. 

I may be in the minority, but I love the pick now and still think he should sit a bit.  I just believe that he can learn a lot by sitting and watching for a bit before being thrown into a NFL game.  I just don't see a need to rush him and think there is more risk to putting him in right away than potential reward by letting him get game action right away.

I also feel ok with McCarron right now and could live with Peterman for a game or two.

On the flip side, as much as I like Peterman as a competitor, I think he just has too weak of an arm to be anything more than a backup/spot starter.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I did not like the pick but i'm coming along to your point of view. 

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm getting there. Still not 100% on him starting game 1 but I've come a long way from posting "Kill me" when we picked him over Rosen. He's developed quite a bit since minicamp practice 1. Credit to Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I loved it then and I love it now. I hope McD gives him the 1st team reps tonight and let’s him have a chance. Peterman and AJM did well last night but it would be a mistake to let their performance slow the rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

What was suspect about his decision making? There were 2 miscommunications, who’s fault those were we have no idea, and a bad decisions on 4th down. The rest of the throws weren’t bad decisions at all.

Yup.

The only "bad" play I didn't like was his Matt Simms imitation.  But I'll chalk that up to him adjusting to the pro speed. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm getting there. Still not 100% on him starting game 1 but I've come a long way from posting "Kill me" when we picked him over Rosen. He's developed quite a bit since minicamp practice 1. Credit to Daboll.

Agreed. And a lot of it, at least for me, was seeing what kind of guy he was, and how he was handling stuff, and watching several more full games of his. I had seen him play a few games and if you watch casually you can come away not as impressed as some of the other guys. But if you watch close and concentrate on what he did well and bad and what he had to deal with you could see more of why the Bills and some people were so high on him. I had seen all of Rosen and Darnolds games and a ton of Mayfield and Rudolph and Jackson. 

Anyway, I really like him now and like him substantially more after last night. He did a lot of things well, big and small. 

26 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Proof. Post it.

Take a look at every throw and tell me which ones were bad decisions.

I can count one.

One.

I watched the game twice..and from what the tv view suggests,you are 100% correct.I wonder how many people drink heavily during the games or if they even watch.Some posters are so off....

34 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

What was suspect about his decision making? There were 2 miscommunications, who’s fault those were we have no idea, and a bad decisions on 4th down. The rest of the throws weren’t bad decisions at all.

Yup.

Diving head-first and then flinging the ball in an arc while being sacked just waiting for the other team to catch it were poor decisions.

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Diving head-first and then flinging the ball in an arc while being sacked just waiting for the other team to catch it were poor decisions.

So, in a full half of snaps, you count two at most incidences of "poor decisions" and your conclusion is that his decision making is faulty?

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I know it's only one preseason game, but some are already anointing him as a failure despite making some good plays last night...

Admit it, you're one of those who'd rather be able to come on a message board and say you were right vs. actually root for the team to succeed.

I'd rather the Bills pick the right players so they can win...