Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow Tony Dungy, of all people, was ranking on Reid??  There's a guy who squandered more talented teams with playoff one and dones.  That's ballsy if Dungy dumped on Reid.

Smith is as good as Cousins...and cheaper.  Who knows, maybe Mahomes will be the second coming of Donovan McNabb and Reid will be able to win another playoff game to make it 2 wins over the last 11 years.

Huh?

I’m no Dungy fan at all, but to be fair to him, he did have Peyton Gump (Big Game Chump) for a lot of those one-and-dones.

As for Andy Reid? :lol::lol::lol:

On 8/1/2018 at 4:36 PM, oldmanfan said:

I have not understood how the same folks negative on Allen talk about how we missed on Mahomes, how Beane gets fired for not taking Mahomes, etc.   His flaws are similar to the ones talked about for Allen, primarily footwork.   At least Allen ran a more pro style offense.  Mahomes ran that shotgun single look spread - has a QB that played that offense in college done well in the pros?

Aaron Rodgers?

It’s exceptionally difficult to make a seamless transition to QB in the NFL. Like all young QB’s he will have growing pains. However, he’s got weapons and when he puts it together, they’ll be some big numbers put up.

6 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

It’s exceptionally difficult to make a seamless transition to QB in the NFL. Like all young QB’s he will have growing pains. However, he’s got weapons and when he puts it together, they’ll be some big numbers put up.

KC has done team building mistake number 1.  They have weapons, but no o line.  What's the point of weapons if the o line is abysmal? 

I want Allen to sit a year so the Bills can take another year to build the o line up.  KC had a year to build the line and they did nothing.

20 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Not sure about the rest of you but I’m watching this thread from the corner eating some corn nuts with my shirt off.

I always say TBD and TSW are educational.  I had no previous idea that corn has nuts.

58 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Aaron Rodgers?

Tedford, Cal 2002-2004, I think so?

Also Drew Brees?

Then there's Kyle Boller

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow Tony Dungy, of all people, was ranking on Reid?? 

Yeah, my jaw dropped.  It was right after the playoff loss to Tennessee.  I can't find the clip, but as I recall the talking heads were recapping the loss and Dungy said something incredibly blunt like "if Kansas City is looking to win a Superbowl, they will not do so under Andy Reid".  I was like "whoaoaoa!"

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Smith is as good as Cousins...and cheaper. 

The stats actually say Smith was significantly better than Cousins last year, but my eyeballs disagree on even "as good".  I think Smith had an incredibly talented stable of WR/TE to throw to, a strong run game, a very good D that could keep them in the game and protect a lead absent Mariota heroics, and play calling that suited him perfectly.  With Washington, I see Smith having at best 2/4 of these things, arguably 1/4 or 0/4, and regressing to a 200-220 ypg guy.

We'll see. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I’m no Dungy fan at all, but to be fair to him, he did have Peyton Gump (Big Game Chump) for a lot of those one-and-dones.

As for Andy Reid? :lol::lol::lol:

Dungy's trademark move was, after running it up on a crappy division every year, he would "rest" his starters and then get bounced in the first playoff game.

But yeah, Manning shared that same 7 one and done record with his coach.  No excuse given the talent on those teams.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, my jaw dropped.  It was right after the playoff loss to Tennessee.  I can't find the clip, but as I recall the talking heads were recapping the loss and Dungy said something incredibly blunt like "if Kansas City is looking to win a Superbowl, they will not do so under Andy Reid".  I was like "whoaoaoa!"

The stats actually say Smith was significantly better than Cousins last year, but my eyeballs disagree on even "as good".  I think Smith had an incredibly talented stable of WR/TE to throw to, a strong run game, a very good D that could keep them in the game and protect a lead absent Mariota heroics, and play calling that suited him perfectly.  With Washington, I see Smith having at best 2/4 of these things, arguably 1/4 or 0/4, and regressing to a 200-220 ypg guy.

We'll see. Time will tell.

I'm surprised Tony didn't say "If KC is going to win its only SB, they will have to play it against Rex Grossman".

He and Reid belong in the "Regular Season Wonders Wing'" of the HOF...

As for Smith, I think he looks better than Cousins as well.  We shall see.

9 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

its freaking camp. he's in his second year.

WHO CARES?

I care. Because I’m excited to see him fail.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Dealer's choice in that scenario!

I’ll have both options when you’re ready to come over for some deck scotch and a charcuterie plate on a nice summers day.

Also... QB GURU!!!

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I care. Because I’m excited to see him fail.

I’ll have both options when you’re ready to come over for some deck scotch and a charcuterie plate on a nice summers day.

Also... QB GURU!!!

Can you imagine the quantity of corn nuts said QB guru might consume in a day?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Can you imagine the quantity of corn nuts said QB guru might consume in a day?

Depends who he’s guru’ing.

Unless it’s like a regular Saturday in April at the lake. My math doesn’t go that high. 

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

That’s what Pat Mahomes answers anytime QB Guru asks if it’s smart to run around and then heave balls up into traffic while back pedaling with the worst footwork anyone has ever seen.

Reid has "had his eye on" Mahomes sicne the lad was a fetal ultrasound image.  He'll be fine.

On 8/1/2018 at 4:36 PM, oldmanfan said:

I have not understood how the same folks negative on Allen talk about how we missed on Mahomes, how Beane gets fired for not taking Mahomes, etc.   His flaws are similar to the ones talked about for Allen, primarily footwork.   At least Allen ran a more pro style offense.  Mahomes ran that shotgun single look spread - has a QB that played that offense in college done well in the pros?

I'm sorry but if bean gets fired it will be because he passed on Rosen.

16 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I'm sorry but if bean gets fired it will be because he passed on Rosen.

First of all Bean was not even the GM when Mahomes was drafted ,  

I guess I missed the announcement that  Rosen won the QB competition and will be the week 1 starter !

IMO Mahomes in his second year is still a bigger Question mark then Allen , 

i watched quiet few of Mahome  games and there were some IMPRESSIVE throws but for every one of those ( impressive throws) there were 2 or  3 WT@ was he thinking ????? 

Lets NOT forget Mahomes had a whole year to sit and watch/learn ,