Do You Give any Credibility to the Late Night Talking Heads?

No. I don't take anything seriously from talk show hosts, actors, athletes, or anyone else in the entertainment industry telling me how I should be running my life, how to raise my children, what I should be doing with my money or who to vote for.

It's none of their damn business.

6 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

I find Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel pathetic when they begin to pontificate on political matters.  Colbert's latest is to rejoin the sexual harassment discussion by speaking out about his boss at CBS.  Thankfully, I've only read their screeds, and don't watch them firsthand.

Colbert is a comedian.  For the years when he followed Stuart he took the “conservative” side of things.    Some people actually bought it.  

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Lots of Trump supporters here, eh?

Move this crap to PPP.

Really?  One has to be a Trump supporter to point to the obvious conclusion that late night shows have decided politics generates more viewers than comedy? 

That doesn't speak well to the intelligence or honesty of non-Trump supporters, does it?   You really think Colbert would still be issuing political tirades every night if his ratings were tanking instead of rising?   Trump is the best thing that ever happened to those guys.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Lots of Trump supporters here, eh?

Move this crap to PPP.

No one has mentioned the president. sorry to ruffle your feathers. Adult can actually have discussions which infringe upon possible political beliefs, if you cannot please see yourself out of the conversation and you need not be rude by interjecting yourself and do something that you clearly have no discernible interest in discussing

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Cool story, bro...

Again, see above. There's no need in you doing this, lurk 

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

True enough.

Somebody is watching.

What's happening is they're creating a bigger Echo chamber

Very marks get played in the morning TV crap shows. the edges stuff gets snip down to a 20 second clip where it draws ratings from both sides to argue over, which is attention and publicity for their show which keeps them relevant... It all goes back to there's no such thing as bad press

But it just furthers the dischord in the dividing of this country.  There is no integrity and a man like Jimmy Kimmel. There is no integrity and a man like that, who barely a decade ago to girls in bikinis and have them jump up and down for ratings. There's barely a shred of clout that he can make it cognizant thought. 

specifically, if they were held accountable for their mistakes in the times they spoke their mind as wrong or had to actually put to action their thoughts they'd get slapped around like a step child. They're not politically astute or that aware. They're not that educated or intelligent. They can read lines well, smile pretty and make you feel as if they're your friend whilst telling you the information you want to hear.  

It is terrible pandering and it is disgusting.  TV, sports ... All entertainment need to go back to being funny. Because these Hollywood and celeb talking heads are a bunch of !@#$s.

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Really?  One has to be a Trump supporter to point to the obvious conclusion that late night shows have decided politics generates more viewers than comedy? 

That doesn't speak well to the intelligence or honesty of non-Trump supporters, does it?   You really think Colbert would still be issuing political tirades every night if his ratings were tanking instead of rising?   Trump is the best thing that ever happened to those guys.

TDS

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

The last late night show I watched was back in the 90s. Once letterman went off the deep end, it wasn't worth the effort.

his last 2 years at NBC were painful, he'd sit there with his head on the desk muttering to himself during commercial breaks.

and it got a lot worse when he went Hollywood at CBS.

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

his last 2 years at NBC were painful, he'd sit there with his head on the desk muttering to himself during commercial breaks.

and it got a lot worse when he went Hollywood at CBS.

I never thought Letterman was much of a funny person to begin with.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I never thought Letterman was much of a funny person to begin with.

He started at night when I was a sophomore in high school, so that was a great thing for the next half dozen years through undergrad

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm in bed before they come on, but the answer to your question is no. I wonder how the #metoo movement views The Man Show which Kimmel used to host.

Laughing about titties and drinking beer is a bit different than Weinstein or Lauer raping ya, no?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is not humor, it is negative, whining political discourse. How many ways can you say "Trump is an idiot. Yuck, yuck, yuck." ?

Now Johnny Carson? That guy was funny allowing his guests to shine.

Yeah, I will watch Carson reruns on AntennaTV (or is it MeTV, I forget), especially if he has someone like Rickles or Rodney on. The current shows, hardly ever. I particularly despise Seth Meyers, ever since SNL... just a smarmy douche who really needs a punch in the face.

• Thank you (+1) 1

modern late night is an unfunny mix of Infomercial and Propaganda

The humor has been replaced with one sided political attacks that make the hosts sound like a branch of the Democratic party.

The interviews are scripted infomercials for whatever project the celebrity is involved in.  Back in the day Dean Martin or whoever would come on the show and talk about whatever project they were involved in and the conversation would veer off into comedy.  Today the interviewees are reading PR notes off a cue card

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

I find Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel pathetic when they begin to pontificate on political matters.  Colbert's latest is to rejoin the sexual harassment discussion by speaking out about his boss at CBS.  Thankfully, I've only read their screeds, and don't watch them firsthand.

For me late night died when Carson retired.  As said previously he as well as Leno were not afraid to make fun of both parties and their members.  To me today's crop of late night host seem as though they check their daily e-mail from DNC headquarters to know who needs to be attacked that day.  Even today there are good and bad in both parties.  Let's not pretend otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

*pretty much anything Rico and RaoulDuke 79* say.... 

10 hours ago, stony said:

Laughing about titties and drinking beer is a bit different than Weinstein or Lauer raping ya, no?

see if you get trapped on an elevator with two escaped sexual deviants for a few hours, the jokes about your good looks won't seem so bad...