Do You Give any Credibility to the Late Night Talking Heads?

I find Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel pathetic when they begin to pontificate on political matters.  Colbert's latest is to rejoin the sexual harassment discussion by speaking out about his boss at CBS.  Thankfully, I've only read their screeds, and don't watch them firsthand.

I used to love Stern and Kimmel and enjoyed a few other shows and celebs but cannot stomach the shows or people anymore.  Whether it is Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity to LeBron James or Dak Prescott - I just don't care what they think.  I'm mature enough, educated enough, and able to form my own opinions where I don't need a mouth breather panderin dolt like Hannity or a person full of vitriol like Maddow or just some overpaid pre-Madonna who has benefited from a child's game and cheated, lied and stolen his entire life.

So, no, I don't give a crap what they say.  Especially, when they're called out and wrong so damn much.  There is a reason they're on TV and not in office.  Hollywood celebs recently backing the fantastic 4 director for sexual comments about children years ago would never have done the same for Paula Dean or Papa John Schatner.  They're hypocrites of the worst time and have no place in this world other than the existence in Hell with the other bigots and evils.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll only watch some Conan on occasion.  Even Fallon has turned that direction in order to keep pace with the other two. 

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll say just this, then I'll duck....

They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't get viewers.

And this is exactly right and, unfortunately, the same goes for cable news outlets and even the big 3 news outlets as well.  What I wouldn't give for an unbiased news source which actually showed both sides of issues, positive and negative.  Instead, they all align to one side and only show opinions, yes opinions not facts, which support that particular side.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is not humor, it is negative, whining political discourse. How many ways can you say "Trump is an idiot. Yuck, yuck, yuck." ?

Now Johnny Carson? That guy was funny allowing his guests to shine.

Yes, if that kind of show(s) were still on, I'd consider staying up to watch.  Since they are not, "say goodnight Gracie!"

Say what you want about Jay Leno, I can honestly say that just by hearing his jokes, you could never tell his political affiliation. If a Democrat needed lampooning, he did it. If a Republican needed lampooning, he did it. When he had a political guest on his show, and I've seen him have Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh (the worst of both sides) on in the same week and treated them with the utmost respect. Carson of course was the same way. 

I was a fan of Conan in his 12:30 ET show. Then he took over the Tonight show, and was a bit more "mainstream." Then after the whole Leno/Conan feud happened, he gained this semi ironic "Team Coco" following, and his TBS show isn't terrible, but it's not the same weird outlandish humor he had when he started.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Say what you want about Jay Leno, I can honestly say that just by hearing his jokes, you could never tell his political affiliation. If a Democrat needed lampooning, he did it. If a Republican needed lampooning, he did it. When he had a political guest on his show, and I've seen him have Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh (the worst of both sides) on in the same week and treated them with the utmost respect. Carson of course was the same way. 

I was a fan of Conan in his 12:30 ET show. Then he took over the Tonight show, and was a bit more "mainstream." Then after the whole Leno/Conan feud happened, he gained this semi ironic "Team Coco" following, and his TBS show isn't terrible, but it's not the same weird outlandish humor he had when he started.

Leno has never been a politically oriented comedian, and he'd be the first to mention that.

Also, The Tonight Show on NBC is a certain kind of show attracting a certain kind of audience and that is not the place for a comedian host to be edgy.  It just wouldn't work.

I'm thinking back to the short ives "Dana Carvey Show" on NBC.  I think it survived 4 weeks or so, and that was a miracle.  Dana was on and over the cutting edge with some brilliant stuff on that show.  The bean counters in upper management panicked, and the show was cancelled.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Leno has never been a politically oriented comedian, and he'd be the first to mention that.

Also, The Tonight Show on NBC is a certain kind of show attracting a certain kind of audience and that is not the place for a comedian host to be edgy.  It just wouldn't work.

I'm thinking back to the short ives "Dana Carvey Show" on NBC.  I think it survived 4 weeks or so, and that was a miracle.  Dana was on and over the cutting edge with some brilliant stuff on that show.  The bean counters in upper management panicked, and the show was cancelled.

The writing staff is like an all star line up of comedy. Steve Carell, Colbert, Smigel, Louis CK.