So how is josh Rosen doing.

mead107

29 minutes ago, Torrey said:

English isn’t your first language is it?

Let me help you out...

”We” is a pronoun, plural (more than one) in construction (the building of something). 

Meaning; I and the rest of the group. 

https://www.indifferentlanguages.com/words/we

Thanks for that. So when you said "we have a reputation of choosing the wrong QB" which group were you talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Torrey said:

History. You know, the past. 

How we have a reputation of choosing the wrong QB. 

Without doing my homework ...... I can't think of many teams that have had more than two franchise QBs in their entire history...

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Thanks for that. So when you said "we have a reputation of choosing the wrong QB" which group were you talking about?

Lol... I guess Torrey is claiming to have been in on some of those Bills choices ? 

Josh Rosen has work to do with decision making in training camp

Arizona Cardinals first-round quarterback Josh Rosen was the talk of the offseason, as he got work in with the first-team offense and showed off his intelligence. With the start of training camp, not much has changed in terms of the optimism of his future, but he is suffering a few growing pains.

First-year Arizona coach Steve Wilks made that clear Saturday, telling reporters, per the team's official website: "I don't waver that Sam is our starter. It's his job to lose."

Wilks went on to note that Rosen's first order of business is battling journeyman Mike Glennonfor the backup role.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000942885/article/wilks-cards-starting-qb-job-is-sam-bradfords-to-lose

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

1) Allen is from Cali

2) Allen has injury history with his clavicle and his throwing shoulder.

You need to understand that there are different parts to California Northern California especially where Josh and me are from is dairy country there are no surfer kid in dairy

Country us farmboys understand the meaning of hard work and long before we actually even go to school as far as the injuries one injury does not equal another a broken clavicle will completely heal and never be heard from again while concussions are a different matter

Then there is the minor matter of the fact that he played for the University of Wyoming where the temperature gets below 20 easy just like Buffalo

Edited by John from Riverside

The comparison is fair, they are going to be compaired for their entire careers and if Allen busts and Rosen is legit it will probably be the end of Sean and Beane. I will stand by my preference for Rosen. Its looking like Mahomes is already alot better than both, but he's had a year with Andy Reid. I wanted him more than anyone, and there were quite a few on this board who don't like Allen who felt the same way.

Edited by MURPHD6

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lol... I guess Torrey is claiming to have been in on some of those Bills choices ? 

Bringing in the coffee don’t count

5 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

The comparison is fair, they are going to be compaired for their entire careers and if Allen busts and Rosen is legit it will probably be the end of Sean and Beane. I will stand by my preference for Rosen. Its looking like Mahomes is already alot better than both, but he's had a year with Andy Reid. I wanted him more than anyone, and there were quite a few on this board who don't like Allen who felt the same way.

And where do you figure that the homes already looks better than both

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who did he beat out?

Are you going to say that he technically didnt beat out Alex Smith for the starting job because Smith was traded in the offseason? That Andy Reid, one of the best developers of QB's over the last three decades, just handed him the job to save money.  Is that the argument you want to have? Is that the hair that you want to split?

You don't really think that one good practice puts Allen ahead of Mahomes- you're  just being a contrarian for the sake of it, right?

Allen could pan out long term, that is true. But please explain to me how a 1st year rookie who had one good camp day is ahead of a second year starter, if you want to have that argument, and how your opinion is more informed than Andy Reids.

Sure Reid sucks at clock management, but few doubt his ability to evaluate quarterbacks at the NFL level because he has done it sucessfully repeatedly, and no one on the Bill's staff has.

Edited by MURPHD6

25 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Are you going to say that he technically didnt beat out Alex Smith for the starting job because Smith was traded in the offseason? That Andy Reid, one of the best developers of QB's over the last three decades, just handed him the job to save money.  Is that the argument you want to have? Is that the hair that you want to split?

Alex Smith in 2017 had a completion percentage of 67.5%, passed for >4000 yds at a clip of 8 ypa, and threw 26 TD and 5 INT for a TD/INT ratio of 5.2

Are you really wanting to argue that it's "splitting hairs" to say no, Mahomes did not "beat out" Alex Smith?   In what conceivable way did he "beat out" the above?

KC hopes Mahomes is their QB of the future and that having sat for a year, he's ready to roll.  KC was in salary cap trouble, something like $15M "over the cap".

By trading Smith, at one swoop they cleared the way for their hoped-for new QB of a vet who was not going to be happy to sit while a youngster inevitably struggles,  prevented any locker room controversy, fixed their salary cap, and brought in a decent player at a position of need and a 3rd round pick.

It was a good decision by KC, and makes football sense across the board, but it in no way reflects Smith being "beaten out" by Mahomes in any legit sense of the word.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Are you going to say that he technically didnt beat out Alex Smith for the starter job because he was traded in the offseason? That Andy Reid, one of the best developers of QB's over the last three decades, just handed him the job to save money. Is that the argument you want to have? Is that the hair that you want to split?

There's no splitting of hairs.  Mahomes neither technically nor actually beat out Alex Smith.  Reid had to ship-out Alex Smith for the sake of all involved, not dissimilar to what happened with him previously in SF. 

As for Reid being "one of the best developers of QB's," no, that's not correct either.  McNabb was the only QB he's ever actually had a hand in developing, but he was a 2nd overall pick so it's not like he was working with some no-talent nobody.  But while McNabb was a good QB, he will never be a HOF'er.  If you want to give him credit for Favre and the aforementioned Alex Smith, that dog won't hunt.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You need to understand that there are different parts to California Northern California especially where Josh and me are from is dairy country there are no surfer kid in dairy

Country us farmboys understand the meaning of hard work and long before we actually even go to school as far as the injuries one injury does not equal another a broken clavicle will completely heal and never be heard from again while concussions are a different matter

Then there is the minor matter of the fact that he played for the University of Wyoming where the temperature gets below 20 easy just like Buffalo

There are different parts of California?!? Gtfo

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Alex Smith in 2017 had a completion percentage of 67.5%, passed for >4000 yds at a clip of 8 ypa, and threw 26 TD and 5 INT for a TD/INT ratio of 5.2

Are you really wanting to argue that it's "splitting hairs" to say no, Mahomes did not "beat out" Alex Smith?   In what conceivable way did he "beat out" the above?

KC hopes Mahomes is their QB of the future and that having sat for a year, he's ready to roll.  KC was in salary cap trouble, something like $15M "over the cap".

By trading Smith, at one swoop they cleared the way for their hoped-for new QB of a vet who was not going to be happy to sit while a youngster inevitably struggles,  prevented any locker room controversy, fixed their salary cap, and brought in a decent player at a position of need and a 3rd round pick.

It was a good decision by KC, and makes football sense across the board, but it in no way reflects Smith being "beaten out" by Mahomes in any legit sense of the word.

The question comes down to what went on behind the scenes and the evaluations that were being made. So you also can't prove that he didn't beat out Smith, either. There is no way to tell how well Mahomes was playing during closed practices. And there were rumors that he had surpassed Smith by the end of the year and should have started the playoff game. If they sat down, looked at the tape they had and decided that Mahomes was better bet going forward, then he beat out Alex Smith.

Edited by MURPHD6