So how is josh Rosen doing.

mead107

I live in Oregon and watch a ton of Pac 12 football and I never understood the infatuation with him. I am happy we took JA over Rosen, I never really cared for Rosen's aloof attitude and I got the impression he thought he was bigger than the team during his interviews.

Edited by Jeetz1231
I still think it's the Pac10 for some reason.

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is what people were saying about Rosen pre-draft. Accuracy doesn't mean squat if you don't have the mental fortitude to withstand life in the NFL. Sounds to me like he's letting his bad preseason debut get to him.

There have been plenty of guys who threw beautiful passes who could be totally knocked off their game by pressure or a couple negative results.  I think of a guy like Jeff George.  Beautiful passes, velocity, tight spiral, could do everything you want a QB to do, had a pretty long relatively successful career.  Let a WR drop a ball or knock him around with your DL a couple times and see what would happen.

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I would wager to say 90% of the people who were infatuated with Rosen pre-draft had no idea why they liked him other than a media driven campaign that touted him as most “pro ready, intelligent, great footwork, blah blah blah”. It took off from there and everyone started spouting off the same attributes for Rosen. There’s one characteristic that was never assigned to him: willing to learn. He thinks he’s the smartest man on the field - and he very well may be - but that is not how a team leader acts. Give me a young guy with natural arm strength, fire in his belly and mental toughness any day. 

And I’d wager more than 90% of people that wanted Allen had no idea why they wanted him outside of the media touting his good old boy persona, prototypical bod, and cannon arm. 

What does all of this matter now? Allen’s a Bill. We’ll all be cheering the same amount when he’s out there.