Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

10 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

This.  I am BEGGING someone to put this thread out of its misery.  The reason why the Packers are the betting favorites, is because they have this guy throwing the ball named Aaron Rodgers.  So, given that they have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball, the Packers can AFFORD to give up multiple years of 1sts and 2nds and roster players for Mack.

Do the Bills have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball?  Absolutely not.  Therefore, Beane is NOT going to give away valuable future picks, just so that you people can wear red, white and blue jerseys with the #52 on Sundays.

Aaron Rodgers contract is up at the end of next year.  He is in negotiations to be the highest paid player in the NFL north of 31 million a year.

With Mack's contract that's over 50 million for 2 guys.

Never say never.  Oh geez, I said never.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:15 PM, BullBuchanan said:

If the players don't stand their ground, then threats have no real bite. Considering his tax burden will be reduced, it won't be quite as big a deal. He would've lost at least 40% of that to tax anyway.

The players Union should push for NHL style contacts and then this whole thing goes away. No more holdouts everyone guaranteed.

Yeah sure and then you lose a player for "injury" like Plantars Fakeitis and then need to find money to pay for replacement.

It does not work with 53 man+ rosters.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:11 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I thought I heard that in the unlikely scenario of him not reporting at all this season that would result in him becoming a RESTRICTED free agent.     I thought he just didn't get any service time toward unrestricted FA so was still obligated........but then I saw this on the bottom line on ESPN.  So could be wrong.

He will do what a Bills player do - report week 10 and collect his service "year".  Whomever agreed to that was an idiot.

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

This.  I am BEGGING someone to put this thread out of its misery.  The reason why the Packers are the betting favorites, is because they have this guy throwing the ball named Aaron Rodgers.  So, given that they have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball, the Packers can AFFORD to give up multiple years of 1sts and 2nds and roster players for Mack.

Do the Bills have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball?  Absolutely not.  Therefore, Beane is NOT going to give away valuable future picks, just so that you people can wear red, white and blue jerseys with the #52 on Sundays.

Mint juleps, Churchill Downs, Saturday, 1pm, you, me. What do you say?

On 8/14/2018 at 9:12 AM, HappyDays said:

I would think the Bills 1st is worth more than both of the Packers 1sts. Many people think the Bills will have a top 5 pick next year. The Packers picks will both be in the 20s, maybe 30s. If we want Mack we can get him. I'm not sure that's the kind of move Beane would make though.

Many STUPID people thought Bills were tanking last year; likely same STUPID people.

2 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Look at the Saints. An All Star QB and not much else only get's you through the regular season.

IF Josh Allen is a hit, the Bills will be entering their Goldilocks zone for SB contention very soon. Could see that being a draw for a guy that already loves the city of Buffalo.

How are people so sure he LOVES Buffalo.  Have not seen it.  I saw him use influence to get brother a position on team.

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

This.  I am BEGGING someone to put this thread out of its misery.  

Then stop posting.

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How are people so sure he LOVES Buffalo.  Have not seen it.  I saw him use influence to get brother a position on team.

Then stop posting.

Seriously, what's to love about Buffalo for Mack? Sure, he cares about UB, the only D1 program that gave him a full ride (and now gave one to his little brother,) but football fans in WNY didn't even know about him or bothered to come out to see him play here!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I read that the Raiders and Khalil Mack haven’t even talked since February, and that Gruden has not spoken with Mack since he was hired. 

Kinda crazy if true

Not for Gruden. He’s a toad. Players generally learn to hate him, and it won’t take the full decade. 

A friend of mine tutored Mack in college and still keeps in touch with him. He was in Buffalo recently to visit his brother and work out with the UB football team. According to my friend, Mack does not want to be traded and his agent has not had trade talks with any suitor. 

4 minutes ago, donbb said:

A friend of mine tutored Mack in college and still keeps in touch with him. He was in Buffalo recently to visit his brother and work out with the UB football team. According to my friend, Mack does not want to be traded and his agent has not had trade talks with any suitor. 

Don’t ruin our silly narrative! He’s in Buffalo. He loves Buffalo. He’s willing to take a discount to play in Buffalo. And Gruden will trade him for a fifth (our lucky number!) to avoid paying him. 

Regardless of how this turns out, he’s going to be one seriously rich guy! Probably in Oakland, but the Gruden snub and cap fit feel funny to me. Strange how there is so little happening on the surface, but these things tend to happen in a hurry when approaching the deadline. 

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Seriously, what's to love about Buffalo for Mack? Sure, he cares about UB, the only D1 program that gave him a full ride (and now gave one to his little brother,) but football fans in WNY didn't even know about him or bothered to come out to see him play here!

NOBODY.....champions WNY and simultaneously hates and resents WNY'ers.......like PTR.

Been saying this for years..........this is a FAN site.......if you want to spew hate at Bills fans do it somewhere that it makes an ounce of sense........like on a Bills WAGs facebook group or something.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t ruin our silly narrative! He’s in Buffalo. He loves Buffalo. He’s willing to take a discount to play in Buffalo. And Gruden will trade him for a fifth (our lucky number!) to avoid paying him. 

Regardless of how this turns out, he’s going to be one seriously rich guy! Probably in Oakland, but the Gruden snub and cap fit feel funny to me. Strange how there is so little happening on the surface, but these things tend to happen in a hurry when approaching the deadline. 

My read on the conversation with my friend (speculation on my part) is Mack wants to be the richest athlete in Vegas.

Edited by donbb

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

NOBODY.....champions WNY and simultaneously hates and resents WNY'ers.......like PTR.

Been saying this for years..........this is a FAN site.......if you want to spew hate at Bills fans do it somewhere that it makes an ounce of sense........like on a Bills WAGs facebook group or something.

Why don't you chill out?  No one's picking on you or the fans. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why don't you chill out?  No one's picking on you or the fans. 

Badolbilz come on, you know he's our Jerry Sullivan. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PIZ said:

Mack will void that trade because he will make it known he's not signing a long term deal with Green Bay.  Mack wants to play in Buffalo.  Just my gut feeling.

And how would Mack make that trade void?

This should be entertaining.

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wow you're sensitive.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Badolbilz come on, you know he's our Jerry Sullivan. 

Are you saying I'm wrong about the level of interest in Mack while he played at UB? Maybe you can cite some examples. Wasn't Bucky Gleason beating the drum for UB to drop to FCS even after having a player of Mack's caliber?

I'm the resident UB booster on TBD. (Among several now. :thumbsup:) I know what the interest level was. It wasn't that high.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

14 hours ago, jahbonas said:

This would give Gruden a veteran pass rusher to cushion the loss of Mack.  Also in Mcdermott/Beane's 5 year plan  an older Hughes would be ok to move  - similar could be said re Shady if that was needed in such a deal. Both are older vets not likely to be around for years 4 & 5 of the Plan - both carry significant cap.

I might prefer a Hughes + Shady + 3rd for Khalil Mack

Of course you would, you're a Bills fan. Raiders would hang up the phone and never answer a call from Beane again with that offer.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And how would Mack make that trade void?

This should be entertaining.

Wow you're sensitive.

Through his agent.  Making it known that if he's traded to GB that he will not sign a long term deal, so GB would have the same problem the Raiders have.