lol radio.com app

Murph & Tasker are talking about the problems & are not happy with the problems.  Fortunately, it's working fine right now, but yesterday worked at the beginning of the show before problems started.  Josh Allen will be on at around 12:25. 

On 7/25/2018 at 2:12 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Those are all owned by Entercom.

But then the app starts playing when I don't want it to, like during a meeting, lol.

Entercom is a terrible company, fwiw.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, wagon127 said:

That's what I was trying to say, but I just didn't know how to spell it. I fixed my original post now.

I don't think he was trying to correct your spelling, but the point you're making isn't really clear.

It comes across like you think Entercom got paid an absurd amount of money to have this be their exclusive app.

When it's actually that Entercom owns the app, and rather than supporting a bunch of individual apps for each station. They are attempting to put it all in one place and create something similar to iheartradio or whatever.

Either way, I agree with you, the app is absolutely terrible. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times. I've tried using it on just my WiFi at home, and closing all other apps on my phones. It constantly crashes. 

I can't even download the podcasts consistently. Even when connected to WiFi it says I can only download on WiFi. I change the setting, and it still says it. I have to restart my phone and have the first thing I do is download a podcast if I want to listen to a show for more than 7 minutes.

It is by far the worst app I have ever had to deal with. Complete crap. I don't understand how it could be so bad.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Aren't you glad the people that designed this app aren't designing air traffic control software, automobiles, smart refrigerators, or any of a host of other items?

Also, how is it that something that so radically fails is 'OKd' for release by the creators?  Had they been in charge of Allied efforts in WW II, we'd all be wearing lederhosen and speaking German.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

Sounds like the hosts are just as disgruntled about the inexplicable move.

Likely fed up with people bashing them in email, on twitter and facebook and even at home.

This doesn't work either... If you are experiencing any issues and need support for the Radio.com app or desktop player, please reach out to us at support@radio.com. 

I dislike most of the talkers on WGR, but I feel bad for them on this. They hate this Radio.com app more than we do. Not one person at WGR wants this. It is a problem all through the newly minted nationwide Entercom Empire.

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Can you imagine going home and your wife is bitching at you about the app too?

Sounds like a horror movie

Well, at least you can shrug and Freddie Prinze it "Ees not my chob, man".

Now the lawn needs mowing, and you didn't do it?...you're toast, radio host.

Not letting me favorite WGR, which is why - I think - that I can only get it to play on Android Auto if the app is up and running on my phone before I connect to phone to the car and open Radio.com. It will not save the station.