Dont look now but word is Josh Allen is already there

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fine. So that dumb idea means you certainly wouldn't accept Brady as your QB. Or Aaron Rodgers. Or actually any other QB ever in the history of organized football. 

Find me a QB who hasn't spent 10 - 20 hours off of football in the offseason and then get back to me. There is no such person, nor has there ever been.

Again, as I pointed out, Brady has his dumb business and his family. Rodgers has his GF and plays guitar and golfs seriously. There is absolutely nothing to see here, except your apparent Rosen hate.

What’s dumb is thinking that he can fix the NCAA. Who knows how much time he wasted that could have been used in more worthwhile pursuits.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, BillsVet said:

Symbolism over substance.

Had a guy at work years ago talk about how, "sweat doesn't count...results do."

Still, I wish Allen the best and hope he becomes the guy.  

“Don’t mistake activity for achievement.” John Wooden

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fine. So that dumb idea means you certainly wouldn't accept Brady as your QB. Or Aaron Rodgers. Or actually any other QB ever in the history of organized football. 

Find me a QB who hasn't spent 10 - 20 hours off of football in the offseason and then get back to me. There is no such person, nor has there ever been.

Again, as I pointed out, Brady has his dumb business and his family. Rodgers has his GF and plays guitar and golfs seriously. There is absolutely nothing to see here, except your apparent Rosen hate.

The problem with Rosen is that he actually thinks he can fix the NCAA in 10-20 hours. He also probably thinks he can solve world hunger,  cure cancer and of course fix the Arizona offense in 10-20 hours. Rosens downfall won't be his talent, it will be his mental makeup. By all reports the guy is very douchy, entitled and thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room. Not great characteristics for the locker room or the film room. (Jay Cutler anyone?) And telling the world he can fix the NCAA is proof of that. I will take Allen's demeanor any day and I'll take his talents as well.

Should be an interesting comparison for a few years for sure, but as of today I feel pretty good about the choice Beane made..

• Thank you (+1) 1

We don’t actually know how much time he spent developing his plan. 10 - 20 hrs was someone’s assumption.

He’s such a brainiac maybe he hatched the plan while he was having breakfast eating his granola and drinking a double latte.

1 hour ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

The problem with Rosen is that he actually thinks he can fix the NCAA in 10-20 hours. He also probably thinks he can solve world hunger,  cure cancer and of course fix the Arizona offense in 10-20 hours. Rosens downfall won't be his talent, it will be his mental makeup. By all reports the guy is very douchy, entitled and thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room. Not great characteristics for the locker room or the film room. (Jay Cutler anyone?) And telling the world he can fix the NCAA is proof of that. I will take Allen's demeanor any day and I'll take his talents as well.

Should be an interesting comparison for a few years for sure, but as of today I feel pretty good about the choice Beane made..

But, but...DAN MARINO! JOHN ELWAY! JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as he should be.. Go Allen!

1 hour ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

The problem with Rosen is that he actually thinks he can fix the NCAA

It's not hard to fix the NCAA, replace with another college institution or put people in charge with common sense not to profit off of  some very poor insanely talented athletes forced to go through their system.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 7/18/2018 at 9:29 AM, Sky Diver said:

Let me know when he cures cancer or solves world hunger.

If he could get you to stop posting then he'd surpass the feat of curing cancer. 

Edited by leonbus23
  • Haha (+1) 4

On 7/18/2018 at 6:37 PM, BillsFan17 said:

There is a rookie wage scale, its pretty much fixed what Allen can make.

...agents are playing the waiting game to see what #1 Mayfield signs for...variables are guaranteed money and offset language...............

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agents are playing the waiting game to see what #1 Mayfield signs for...variables are guaranteed money and offset language...............

Its offset language in regards to the guaranteed money and how its handled if the rookie doesnt last the duration of their rookie contract.

Other than that, each draft pick falls into a slot of what they can make. Baker can sign right now and it wouldn't necessarily have any effect on Allen.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Its offset language in regards to the guaranteed money and how its handled if the rookie doesnt last the duration of their rookie contract.

Other than that, each draft pick falls into a slot of what they can make. Baker can sign right now and it wouldn't necessarily have any effect on Allen.

...so if those two variables have no effect, why did Boza hold out?.............

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so if those two variables have no effect, why did Boza hold out?.............

Because of offsetting language in regards to the signing bonus. And its Bosa not Boza

"The impasse between Bosa and the Chargers centers around a failure to agree on offset language and Bosa’s signing bonus deferment.

The current collective bargaining agreement made negotiating with rookies a bit easier for NFL teams, but offset language remains a sticking point, and it certainly is a huge factor for the Chargers in this situation."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/8/8/12402198/joey-bosa-contract-holdout-san-diego-chargers-why

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2018 at 1:00 PM, eball said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you but EJ Manuel is, by all accounts, a very hard worker.  "Making it" as an NFL QB is combination of many things -- talent, intelligence, mental fortitude, work ethic.  Come up short in any one of those areas and you have a tough time.

I would add good coaching and he did not have that.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:14 PM, Reed83HOF said:

OROY = Josh Rosen

You can bank it...

Hopefully not fully guaranteed by US government including bailout by government for that is a junk bond.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Luxy312 said:

It's good that he's there and hopefully he is beginning to work already.  His character and attitude were never in question.

In terms of the "he hasn't signed his contract" doomsayers, it's simply not a big deal.  His agent is actually negotiating for 7 other rookies besides Allen.  The issue isn't the dollars, which are predetermined, but by offset language.  Basically, it says that if they are cut or traded before their 4 year guaranteed deal is done, that the guaranteed money is offset by whatever he makes elsewhere.  His agent wants it removed from all of these rookie deals, while teams are balking.  It will get worked out none the less.

No reason why teams should. No reason to allow double dipping.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:01 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

as he should be.. Go Allen!

It's not hard to fix the NCAA, replace with another college institution or put people in charge with common sense not to profit off of  some very poor insanely talented athletes forced to go through their system.

Yeah. That's not hard at all.

Who cares? Oh, only those emotional types who so badly want the guy to succeed and thereby roll out tidbit after tidbit as if they have a causal relationship to success. Looks, he did this, this, and this this summer after picking cantaloupes and throwing them 50 yards into bins all day. And the book says if he does them all.... Super Bowl. Lots of QBs work just as hard, come in early, stay late, talk the talk,.... and then suck royally. 

Imo Allen is the starter week 1 or becomes it before the end of week 2.  Allen is doing all the small stuff while also having the most talent.  When he is out working the other guys what's the point of not playing the more talented guy?  Run game, defense, 2 or 3 big pass plays a game is a decent formula to win.