Dont look now but word is Josh Allen is already there

On 7/20/2018 at 8:14 PM, Bills Pimpin' said:

The problem with Rosen is that he actually thinks he can fix the NCAA in 10-20 hours. He also probably thinks he can solve world hunger,  cure cancer and of course fix the Arizona offense in 10-20 hours. Rosens downfall won't be his talent, it will be his mental makeup. By all reports the guy is very douchy, entitled and thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room. Not great characteristics for the locker room or the film room. (Jay Cutler anyone?) And telling the world he can fix the NCAA is proof of that. I will take Allen's demeanor any day and I'll take his talents as well.

Should be an interesting comparison for a few years for sure, but as of today I feel pretty good about the choice Beane made..

All reports are he's douchy? Absolute nonsense. Perhaps all the reports you're reading, because you're choosing the headlines that criticize him and only reading those. There's not a single teammate who's criticized the guy and plenty who've given him unqualified support. Lots of reports on Rosen have been very positive. Enough so that he got picked at #10 despite injury concerns.

There's plenty of reports out there that Rosen is a good guy with interests that piss off people with very old-school views. 

And your argument that he thinks he can fix the NCAA in 10 - 20 hours is ridiculous on many levels. First, he clearly doesn't think he's fixed the problem. What he and the guys working with him have done is to present an interesting alternative, stimulating discussion and perhaps being part of the start of some real changes in a corrupt system. Second, great ideas spelled out in time periods in the neighborhood of 10 - 20 hours have been responsible for massive changes throughout history. 

It didn't take longer than that for Lincoln to write the Gettyburg address, or for Luther to think out the message on the church doors. And before people come up with the idiocy, no I'm not comparing his idea to Lincoln's or Luther's. I'm simply pointing out that plenty of ideas responsible for big changes have been started in no more time than Rosen probably spent.

You wanna take Allen's demeanor over Rosen's? Fine. As is the opposite. In terms of talent, I'd have taken Rosen in a millisecond. He's far more developed. And developing is not always problem-free. Just the opposite. I'm hoping both succeed. I've always like Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

All reports are he's douchy? Absolute nonsense. Perhaps all the reports you're reading, because you're choosing the headlines that criticize him and only reading those. There's not a single teammate who's criticized the guy and plenty who've given him unqualified support. Lots of reports on Rosen have been very positive. Enough so that he got picked at #10 despite injury concerns.

There's plenty of reports out there that Rosen is a good guy with interests that piss off people with very old-school views. 

And your argument that he thinks he can fix the NCAA in 10 - 20 hours is ridiculous on many levels. First, he clearly doesn't think he's fixed the problem. What he and the guys working with him have done is to present an interesting alternative, stimulating discussion and perhaps being part of the start of some real changes in a corrupt system. Second, great ideas spelled out in time periods in the neighborhood of 10 - 20 hours have been responsible for massive changes throughout history. 

It didn't take longer than that for Lincoln to write the Gettyburg address, or for Luther to think out the message on the church doors. And before people come up with the idiocy, no I'm not comparing his idea to Lincoln's or Luther's. I'm simply pointing out that plenty of ideas responsible for big changes have been started in no more time than Rosen probably spent.

You wanna take Allen's demeanor over Rosen's? Fine. As is the opposite. In terms of talent, I'd have taken Rosen in a millisecond. He's far more developed. And developing is not always problem-free. Just the opposite. I'm hoping both succeed. I've always like Arizona.

To your first point, I apologize for using the word all, I should have used the word many when describing the reports about Rosens demeanor. But the fact is there are such reports, that is not untrue. There have no such reports about Allen that I have read.

Secondly, my argument of Rosen thinking he can fix the NCAA is no more ridiculous, in fact less ridiculous, than you thinking Lincoln or Luther came up with their country altering ideas in 10 to 20 hours. It's more like a lifetime of experiences to lead them to the words and actions to change a country.

Besides all of that, the point I was trying to make was that the way Rosen acts and talks during his "stimulating discussions" about this subject as well as some public interviews comes off as a smug, I am better than thou attitude and that demeanor, IMO, will not go over well with some teammates and some coaches. I don't know the dude and I don't know Allen, but I do have eyes and ears and I can form an opinion from what I see and hear from both players about how they will fit into a locker room culture and I would rather have Allen. 

As far as taking Rosens talent over Allen's in a "millisecond"? I could argue that as well. More polished? Yes. More developed? Possibly. More talented? I don't think so, but I don't equate either of the first 2 to talent. IMO Allen has more raw talent. Where we do agree is on the development of the talent is certainly no sure thing, in fact, it's probably less than 50/50, but I think the upside is significantly higher.