Was anybody listening to Sal Cappaccio on WGR today around noon?

On 7/13/2018 at 6:00 PM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Wow. Dude was smashing Lauren Hall? That’s amazing. I almost forgive him for the Toronto series now

You’re thinking all the blood ran away from his brain? I could see that....

I thought that there was enough of a delay between the actual live conversation and the broadcast conversation just for such situations, where something is said that violates station standards.  Obviously, somebody (the producer? wasn't doing his job when mention of "banging" made it on the air.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:33 PM, Fadingpain said:

You're welcome.

The recordings are not broadcasts, per se, within the meaning of FCC law, so they need not be edited for swear words and the like.

Actually, there really wasn't anything wrong with what Ken said.  I just think Sal thought it was about to get worse, so he dumped the call.  

:lol: 

They don't have to but I'm in the middle on it. I'm not surprised because it's wgr and they seem to do everything they can to keep the budget low and not put in much effort. 

Yet on the other side, I listen to the Dan Lebatard show, granted it's national, but they're known for editing out anything that's remotely controversial on the podcast. Doesn't even have to involve swear words, I'm definitely gonna check this out now though.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:28 PM, Fadingpain said:

Everyone can listen to the call; WGR records everything they broadcast for later playback.

Caller was "KEN".  

I agree the caller didn't realize or think he was saying anything untoward. 

Call starts around 18:30.  

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/07-13-sal-capaccio-hour-1

Thanks, for sharing that.

Yes OP, I just laughed my ass off.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:34 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

Where do you live? I’ve lived in many States and I don’t really understand this logic. 

You say in “wny” like it’s a leper colony. There are pretty girls everywhere. 

If you’re a 10, you’re a 10 everywhere. It’s not like your grade is judged on zip code. wny is not hurting for talent. 

Just moved back here from the Deep South. WNY can’t even come close to the talent down south. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lol the south is average. I lived there. It's always the guy with the ugly girl or wife putting down the WNY women.

It's the same for the most part. NYC, LA, a couple other areas have more attractive women because of entertainment, but the guy telling you the deep South has more attractive women has never been to Mobile or San Antonio. 

On 7/13/2018 at 6:53 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

NO.

And here I thought it was just dementia / Alzheimer's that has him saying at least every 10 minutes "I forgot what I was going to say."

i can't deal with listening to him ( howard ) anymore. he often times sounds like a brain dead stoner.....and i have nothing at all against weed.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 7/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

Where do you live? I’ve lived in many States and I don’t really understand this logic. 

You say in “wny” like it’s a leper colony. There are pretty girls everywhere. 

If you’re a 10, you’re a 10 everywhere. It’s not like your grade is judged on zip code. wny is not hurting for talent. 

Oh no my friend, you could not be more incorrect. 

On 7/14/2018 at 6:26 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I’m not saying there aren’t pretty girls in Buffalo, but per capita, there are a lot more in Tampa where I live.  People just have a tendency to stay more fit in many warm weather climates in decent sized cities.  

All of my friends from Buffalo when visiting me when I was single used to say the same thing when down here.  The women are probably just as pretty in Buffalo, but too easy to put on the winter weight, when down here you always are not wearing a sweatshirt or sweater.

everything down here is t-shirts, tanks, shorts, etc almost the entire year.

as far  as the show I heard a little, but not this caller.  Thanks for sharing.

I think this has more to do with demographics and socio-economics than it does weather.  

For example, Ohio in general has a ton of overweight people...but in the small, wealthy, town I live in near Columbus there is an abnormally high number of attractive people relative to the rest of the state.  Better food, better education, better means...and likely more of an emphasis on appearance.  

It would stand to reason that, on average, places near the beach would also tend to have wealthier people...and people who enjoy active lifestyles.

54 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We all knew Russ Brandon was a marketing genius...

I can hear it now. Just thinking about how all of the marketing slogans of the last 17 years, could be used as a pickup line.

"Feel the Rush!"

"you just gotta BILLIEVE I can make all your wildest dreams come true"

"My Room, BE THERE!"

"I'll lead the charge on you!"

"This is our time baby!"

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/14/2018 at 7:12 AM, eball said:

Yeah, you'd think if it was her, and the relationship was mutual (i.e., not harrassment), she'd have been shown the door as well for her lack of judgment...

Its very rotten ice walking into that territory.  The Bills could be open to a lawsuit(s) and a larger public embarrassment if they let her (and Russ' other victims) go because of this.  Especially depending on who (if anyone) filed a complaint or brought it to management (or HR's) attention.

You cant have a business, especially a large and publicly visible one, where a high level manager (ownership level) leverages his position and status to have sexual relationships with employees.  It is bad on numerous levels.

When I hear about this, I don't think "good for Russ", I think of him as a pathetic human.  He really had a dream career, and he threw it away by being a scumbag throughout.  Not to mention his family.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

I can hear it now. Just thinking about how all of the marketing slogans of the last 17 years, could be used as a pickup line.

"Feel the Rush!"

"you just gotta BILLIEVE I can make all your wildest dreams come true"

"My Room, BE THERE!"

"I'll lead the charge on you!"

"This is our time baby!"

One kitty, one rooster.  Too much?

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

You cant have a business, especially a large and publicly visible one, where a high level manager (ownership level) leverages his position and status to have sexual relationships with employees. 

Any proof that Russ did this in the case of Hill or others?   

From what I gather, he got canned because he denied a relationship that was later proven to exist based on eye-witness accounts of other PSE employees in NYC for the outdoor game with the Rangers.   There was never any allegation of coercion or leverage of subordinates, to my knowledge...

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Any proof that Russ did this in the case of Hill or others?   

From what I gather, he got canned because he denied a relationship that was later proven to exist based on eye-witness accounts of other PSE employees in NYC for the outdoor game with the Rangers.   There was never any allegation of coercion or leverage of subordinates, to my knowledge...

As far as DNA and photographs?  No

I know first hand that this was a problem, dating back to when he was still "only" the Director of Marketing and having relations "secretly" (everyone knew) with a (married) secretary.

A few of the media guys (at least Graham) also floated it out there that this was kind of an on-going problem with him.... as well as that one poster here (Kirby).  Kirby is always a Russ Brandon supporter but admitted this was a chronic thing with him.

And I'm not sure if it is/was Lauren Hall.  It might just be a rumor that got legs and became generally accepted.