President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Honestly...it depends on the DA.  A third degree felony sexual assault includes "suffocate...in the course of the crime" and a "aided and abetted by another," both of which can be borne out by the accusation (he put his hand over her mouth; someone else was there.)  It's a stretch...but in a blue state like MD (Republican governor aside), I'd expect it a stretch they'd make in this case.  

And there's no "fourth degree" felony sexual assult...the next lowest is misdemeanor.

Speaking of "suffocate...in the course of the crime", I was wondering if perhaps this alleged crime could be  false imprisonment?  He locked the door and then jumped on her and put his hand over her mouth.

The illegal confinement of one individual against his or her will by another individual in such a manner asto violate the confined individual's right to be free from restraint of movement.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/false+imprisonment

43 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

i remember him saying this, that it had to be a weekend. They had jobs so they couldn't stay out late and as a retired beer drinker thinking back on many parties i went to on week nights and had no problem getting up for real work (NOT mowing lawns). You can do that when you're going and bullet proof. 

too bad one of the Dems didn't notice that 7/1 entry. Probably too busy thinking of FIB Investigations instead of paying attention.

I have to admit that didn't ring true for me.  High school summers were one long weekend pretty much.  And, we were jocks, too. 

And, then the July 1st calendar thing kind of proves that it went from Weekends were Made for Michelob to Put a Little Weekend in Your Week. 

43 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You may be right.

I tend to think a controversial loss is more galvanizing politically than a victory, but both sides will definitely be motivated. Should be interesting.

So for me..,I tend to vote R or third party for president and senate, then D locally and for house representation. Locally and for the house it’s more of a who’s the least slimebag of the bunch, usually that’s the idealistic Democrat who hasn’t been absorbed by the system. Bigger picture I’m more in line with logic than emotion...personal feelings. November will be straight R down the line. Didn’t vote for Trump in ‘16 but barring any drastic change I will in ‘20. 

Sample size of 1 but as a member of a south buffalo hard core democrat family...I’m not the only one

Edited by Kevbeau
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's also possible that men realize that an unsupported claim of sexual assault could ruin their careers and lives and get them to the polls.  I guess we'll see in 6 weeks time.

Turnout for the midterms could be a referendum on if the #metoo movement has gone too far regardless of what happens with Kavanaugh.  The only thing I got from this hearing is how funny it was seeing Lindsay Graham act angry.

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, bbb said:

I have to admit that didn't ring true for me.  High school summers were one long weekend pretty much.  And, we were jocks, too. 

And, then the July 1st calendar thing kind of proves that it went from Weekends were Made for Michelob to Put a Little Weekend in Your Week. 

Another of his beer stories I found kindof odd.  Blumenthal asks about the Red Sox baseball game and a quote from him about falling out of a bus onto the front steps of Yale Law School steps at 4:45 and had to "piece things back together" as to what happened.  sounds like he may have blacked out like he said he didn't ever do ever in his whole life.   Kavenaugh jumped right in and was testy and went on a long detailed account of the evening including Roger Clements as the pitcher.  George Brett was playing 3rd but actually was playing left field that night.  Sounded like a prepared answer for a question he knew was coming.  Like he looked up the game on mlbarchive.com or something.  Really?  he remember Geroge Brett playing left field in the game?

21 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Another of his beer stories I found kindof odd.  Blumenthal asks about the Red Sox baseball game and a quote from him about falling out of a bus onto the front steps of Yale Law School steps at 4:45 and had to "piece things back together" as to what happened.  sounds like he may have blacked out like he said he didn't ever do ever in his whole life.   Kavenaugh jumped right in and was testy and went on a long detailed account of the evening including Roger Clements as the pitcher.  George Brett was playing 3rd but actually was playing left field that night.  Sounded like a prepared answer for a question he knew was coming.  Like he looked up the game on mlbarchive.com or something.  Really?  he remember Geroge Brett playing left field in the game?

I only heard something about Fenway when I got back into my car and I was like "now WTF?" - but I have to say that I drank very heavily in high school and college (see how weekdays were the same as weekends in the summer during high school) and I never blacked out once.  I did years later.................And, I might remember Brett playing a different position.  I know I went to Toronto in 1983, saw the Yankees, was drinking beer - because I was out getting beer between innings and then came back and I said what happened and my friend said Dave Winfield threw a ball and killed a seagull. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bbb said:

I only heard something about Fenway when I got back into my car and I was like "now WTF?" - but I have to say that I drank very heavily in high school and college (see how weekdays were the same as weekends in the summer during high school) and I never blacked out once.  I did years later.................And, I might remember Brett playing a different position.  I know I went to Toronto in 1983, saw the Yankees, was drinking beer - because I was out getting beer between innings and then came back and I said what happened and my friend said Dave Winfield threw a ball and killed a seagull. 

who was pitching?

Just kidding. 

But yeah, I remember some details from games around then I could tell you about.

I went to a CA Angels at Milwaukee Brewers at County stadium i think it was.  Robin Yount and Paul Molitor played for Mil. Reggie Jackson hit a grand slam. Probably 1986.

Edited by reddogblitz

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Joe Manchin is a yes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/elainaplott/status/1045478279220797440

Donnelly, Collins, Murkowski also expected to vote the same

https://mobile.twitter.com/burgessev/status/1045482455078236163

Oh yeah, and Bob Corker is a yes https://mobile.twitter.com/SenBobCorker/status/1045475440528412678

This ain't a would ya thread, sweetheart

Soooo, had a talk with someone last night. Turns out she was raped 3 times.  I only knew of once.  She is pissed about all of this and believes Ford.  She doesn't think the issue was handled right but won't opine on this who SCOTUS thing but Jesus, I swear I only know 3 women of hundreds who were not assaulted or raped.  That men truly believe they don't know any victims of sexual assault or rape is down right ridiculous.  This chick had two rape kits and police never took them forward, only once she had consumed alcohol and that was 8 hours prior.  The system doesn't help women often times - down right amazing, as I said, that men don't realize many women have been assaulted.

Sheso dated two professional athletes, NBA player from Spain and a starting NFL QB from NC.  ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

i remember him saying this, that it had to be a weekend. And some they had jobs they couldn't stay out late and as a retired beer drinker thinking back on many parties i went to on week nights and had no problem getting up for real work (NOT mowing lawns). You can do that when you're going and bullet proof. 

too bad one of the Dems didn't notice that 7/1 entry. Probably too busy thinking of FIB Investigations instead of paying attention.

BINGO! 

I was in my car listening at that point and thinking, "What??" And it was the GOPs own attorney who pointed that out about the date, after that they pulled her. 

Christine Ford was not credible.  She was in DE when her legal team said she was in CA and could not fly.  Christine Ford didn't remember if she paid for the polygraph or not. If she paid for it she would have remembered writing a check or EFT.  If she didn't do that than obviously she didn't pay for it.  She also didn't know if the polygraph was video taped.  She didn't remember when the polygraph was taken.  She didn't remember if she shared her counseling notes with the Washington Post.  

Christine Ford is a nut-case.  Hopefully her houseful of pet cats will give her comfort.

:thumbdown:

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Hey man....Tiberius tried to put a finger in my 5 hole at the urinal at the Bills Pats game in 2006. I said it so it must be true.....also you heard me say it so you corroborate that it must be true. 

You asked me to do that! Stop acting like that was not consensual! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Christine Ford was not credible.  She was in DE when her legal team said she was in CA and could not fly.  Christine Ford didn't remember if she paid for the polygraph or not. If she paid for it she would have remembered writing a check or EFT.  If she didn't do that than obviously she didn't pay for it.  She also didn't know if the polygraph was video taped.  She didn't remember when the polygraph was taken.  She didn't remember if she shared her counseling notes with the Washington Post.  

Christine Ford is a nut-case.  Hopefully her houseful of pet cats will give her comfort.

It's hard to remember the details of the polygraph, when she was getting ready to hop on a flight to New Hampshire. Fear of flying...

I wonder if she has the same issue with her hobby of flying around the world to surf.

2 minutes ago, KRC said:

It's hard to remember the details of the polygraph, when she was getting ready to hop on a flight to New Hampshire. Fear of flying...

I wonder if she has the same issue with her hobby of flying around the world to surf.

Maybe she smokes too much weed before her surf sessions 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PearlHowardman said:

Ford's attorney instructing her how to raise her right hand to swear to tell the truth.  OMG, Christine Ford is completely stupid?

:doh:

Just goes to show that just because you have a PhD, doesn't mean that you are a functioning adult.

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Speaking of "suffocate...in the course of the crime", I was wondering if perhaps this alleged crime could be  false imprisonment?  He locked the door and then jumped on her and put his hand over her mouth.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/false+imprisonment

It could be.  But without proof it's just an allegation. 

13 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

She has severe credibility issues.  The flying thing makes her look like a joke.