President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You asked me to do that! Stop acting like that was not consensual! 

What is a 5 hole?  I never heard that.  I mean I know one meaning by watching neck tattoo suck for the last few years, but that isn't the one you guys mean.  And you should have used a stall or at least the parking lot if you were both willing.  The urinal?  Really?

Edited by 4merper4mer

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

BINGO! 

I was in my car listening at that point and thinking, "What??" And it was the GOPs own attorney who pointed that out about the date, after that they pulled her. 

Your Yugo has a radio? Did you spring for the top of the line model?

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What is a 5 hole?  I never heard that.  I mean I know one meaning by watching neck tattoo suck for the last few years, but that isn't the one you guys means.  And you should have used a stall or at least the parking lot if you were both willing.  The urinal?  Really?

In hockey its between the legs, but that's all I know

47 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What is a 5 hole?  I never heard that.  I mean I know one meaning by watching neck tattoo suck for the last few years, but that isn't the one you guys mean.  And you should have used a stall or at least the parking lot if you were both willing.  The urinal?  Really?

you have one strange obsession with that dude. 

10 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Sad moment for the nation. Both stories from today have holes and some lies, but neither testimony was utterly damning or convincing. I found them both credible. Both sides' politicians did nothing to lead today. Nothing to heal a divide. No one took a shot at hearing the other side. Everyone suited up in battle armor and grandstanded while the Dems moved their piece against the R's piece. 

No end in sight for this divide because there's no one stepping into any middle ground leadership role and neither side wants to hear the other.

Gross political day. I'll be happy when this vote is in the rearview mirror. 

I disagree across the board. In fact, it's this sort of centrist, middle of the road, let's get along approach to politics that leads to this sort of debacle. Or, more accurately, it's this sort of approach when your political enemy is willing to scorch the earth and everything in its path while you stand there and calmly state "This is fine".

Neither story had "holes" because everything can be explained away.  That's the point in this excersize in the freak show that is American politics. Ford's story has nothing that cannot be explained away by time, distance and trauma. That's the beauty of the approach. It's pristine, almost Dexter-like.  Kavanaugh's story has nothing that cannot be explained away by time, distance and his trauma that started about 14 days ago.  His added wrinkle is to prove or "convince" people on the fence that he didn't do something 30+ years ago, in the context of two weeks ago "I just have to keep it together as these jackals on the Senate panel try to kill me softly and slowly" to "I have been accused of being the main conductor on a rape train" and everything in between.  "I've been called a "rapist" by Blumenthal, in public, on record and have to sit and take it".  

There is no middle ground here anymore than there was after 12.7.41.  There is no measured response, there should be no handshakes with feinstein/harris/schumer/Booker etc. And to write it all off as political maneuvering and someone has to be an adult at the table yields the same result as revisiting the end of the war in the Pacific in 1945, and whether or not it was appropriate to end it the way it ended.  In a perfect world, the Japanese reflect on the attack, on the loss of life, and decide enough is enough.  That did not happen, of course, so in the context of the view of the world in 1945, and the potential loss of countless more American and allied lives, what happened, happened. 

Lindsay Graham was right.  He spoke the truth.  Judge Kavanaugh was right he spoke the truth. Both called the other side liars, crooks and cheats. In this case, that is 100% accurate. This was a disgrace.

And that, sir, comes from someone who readily acknowledges that I couldn't tell you if Kavanaugh did anything or not in 1982, or whether or not Ford is 100% truthful. Kavanaugh could be the zodiac killer for all I know, but i know political hit jobs when I see them. 

You find common ground only when your enemy finds it as well. Until then, it is what it is. Oh, and of course that goes both ways. The looney left is the looney right and that's a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, I'm sympathetic to the #metomovement, but I'm also sympathetic to all the mens lives getting tarnished and careers ruined by allegations that can't be proven. 

how about a #notmemovement for men...

#methinks your just striving to be invited to the next SCOTUS confirmation hearing. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, I'm sympathetic to the #metomovement, but I'm also sympathetic to all the mens lives getting tarnished and careers ruined by allegations that can't be proven. 

how about a #notmemovement for men...

I started the #itwasme movement

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ford's story has nothing that cannot be explained away by time, distance and trauma. That's the beauty of the approach. It's pristine, almost Dexter-like. 

Ford's testimony was a schizophrenic mess.  But I'm beginning to wonder whether psychologist Christine Ford knew her story had so many holes in it that she intentionally played the injured simpleton as a diversion.  She seemed suspiciously too stupid. 

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Ford's testimony was a schizophrenic mess.  But I'm beginning to wonder whether psychologist Christine Ford knew her story had so many holes in it that she intentionally played the injured simpleton as a diversion.  She seemed suspiciously too stupid. 

:ph34r:

Oh boy far fetched idea right there.

The woman is suffering from something.  No one is perfect. But come on, diagnosing a mental illness on the TV is absurd.