Jim Jordan accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse as Ohio State wrestling coach

Pretty damning article for anyone interested in reading the entire thing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/powerful-gop-rep-jim-jordan-accused-turning-blind-eye-sexual-n888386?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Rep. Jim Jordan, the powerful Republican congressman from Ohio, is being accused by former wrestlers he coached more than two decades ago at Ohio State University of failing to stop the team doctor from molesting them and other students.

The university announced in April that it was investigating accusations that Dr. Richard Strauss, who died in 2005, abused team members when he was the team doctor from the mid-1970s to late 1990s.

Jordan, who was assistant wrestling coach at the university from 1986 to 1994, has repeatedly said he knew nothing of the abuse until former students began speaking out this spring, and continued to deny it on Tuesday. His denials, however, have been met with skepticism and anger from some former members of the wrestling team.

Three former wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered regularly with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments, and said it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware; one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about the abuse.

Former head coach Russ Hellickson, Jordan's mentor, said in a recent video — made by Mike DiSabato, a former wrestler — that Hellickson had told Strauss that he was being too "hands on” with students.

DiSabato, whose allegations against Strauss prompted Ohio State to open its investigation, called Jordan a “liar.”

“I considered Jim Jordan a friend,” DiSabato said. “But at the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.”

Interesting timing to bring it up again.  "Pretty damning article" because they (Dems and GOPe) want to head off his becoming the next Speaker.

The university announced in April that it was investigating accusations that Dr. Richard Strauss, who died in 2005, abused team members when he was the team doctor from the mid-1970s to late 1990s.

That is crazy. How do you defend yourself when you've been dead 13 years?

• Like (+1) 1

When's it going to stop?

The continuous grandstanding.

It seems that EVERYONE'S checkered past comes up around the time of mid terms.

Again, I ask, does this ever stop.

I will go back just a week ago when that crazy wide-eyed woman won in the Bronx, where only 19 decent of the voting public turned out in that election. That is the bigger story than the woman who won the election

Point being, people are tired of politicians PERIOD. Doesn't matter if you are Dem or Rep, people are tired of it.

Why the need for a story like this to come out NOW?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Don't know anything about that law firm. Care to elaborate?

Perkins Coie paid Fusion GPS for the creation of the Steele dossier. They're biggest client is the DNC, they are the legal representation of the party establishment and involved as a middle man in many questionable enterprises (like the dossier). 

Jordan is running for re-election and Speaker (he won't get the latter, the former he's safe) - this is what Tasker said. Watering down a controversial subject while trying to do some damage on one of the Freedom Caucus leaders. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

When's it going to stop?

The continuous grandstanding.

It seems that EVERYONE'S checkered past comes up around the time of mid terms.

Again, I ask, does this ever stop.

I will go back just a week ago when that crazy wide-eyed woman won in the Bronx, where only 19 decent of the voting public turned out in that election. That is the bigger story than the woman who won the election

Point being, people are tired of politicians PERIOD. Doesn't matter if you are Dem or Rep, people are tired of it.

Why the need for a story like this to come out NOW?

it's.

not.

going.'

to.

stop.

ever.

the need for it? well it's right out of the politics handbook. several objectives in play.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Perkins Coie paid Fusion GPS for the creation of the Steele dossier. They're biggest client is the DNC, they are the legal representation of the party establishment and involved as a middle man in many questionable enterprises (like the dossier). 

Ok so they are digging up and perpetuating a big bad beautiful scandal to dirty up jim Jordan so he cannot be the next speaker of the house. They (the deep state, marxist dems, the Democratic wing of the Republican party,  misc. RINOS) don't want him there because he will push a MAGA agenda and support the president.  Got it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Ok so they are digging up and perpetuating a big bad beautiful scandal to dirty up jim Jordan so he cannot be the next speaker of the house. They (the deep state, marxist dems, the Democratic wing of the Republican party,  misc. RINOS) don't want him there because he will push a MAGA agenda and support the president.  Got it.

Slick Willie advised that standards have changed over the last 20 or so years on what you can assume to inflict on someone physically when it's totally against their will.....

Edited by row_33

People vastly underestimate how easy it is to miss evidence of abuse.  Sometimes willful blindness, but frequently just honest lack of awareness. 

You have to be very aware of how common it is, else you can easily miss the signs.  But if you're that aware, you can just as easily misinterpret everything as evidence of abuse.  It's not an easy thing to accurately perceive, even now...never mind 25 years ago, when everyone was FAR less aware.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

People vastly underestimate how easy it is to miss evidence of abuse.  Sometimes willful blindness, but frequently just honest lack of awareness. 

You have to be very aware of how common it is, else you can easily miss the signs.  But if you're that aware, you can just as easily misinterpret everything as evidence of abuse.  It's not an easy thing to accurately perceive, even now...never mind 25 years ago, when everyone was FAR less aware.

I'm brushing up on my liberal responses for my family get together

Here is the correct Left response to Tom's thoughtful post.........................."So..........................you support child molestation then ? "

?

This was supposed to have occurred in college,  correct?   Meaning adult males?  I know I was a naive knucklehead when I was that age, but even I knew that you report molestation attempts to the police,  not my coach.  What am I missing here?

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I'm brushing up on my liberal responses for my family get together

Here is the correct Left response to Tom's thoughtful post.........................."So..........................you support child molestation then ? "

?

No, the response is more "stop blaming the victim/defending the rapist!"

1 hour ago, TtownBillsFan said:

This was supposed to have occurred in college,  correct?   Meaning adult males?  I know I was a naive knucklehead when I was that age, but even I knew that you report molestation attempts to the police,  not my coach.  What am I missing here?

Did you have the same thoughts when Jerry Sandusky was accused?

LqoSvTcV_bigger.jpgKurt SchlichterVerified account @KurtSchlichter
FollowFollow @KurtSchlichter
MorSo, as I understand it, Jim Jordan is supposed to be responsible for not reporting the dickgrabbing of a bunch of adults who didn't report it.

What a weird coincidence this came out as Jim Jordan faces reelection and has been taking the fire to the deep state.

It's bull ****.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) has reportedly decided to enlist the help of Capitol Hill police after receiving emails from a man who says he suffered sexual abuseduring Jordan’s time as an assistant coach at Ohio State University. Several former wrestlers accused Jordan of turning a blind eye to the abuse during his time at the school, saying he had been informed directly of inappropriate touching by the team doctor. Jordan has denied ever being aware of the allegations, and now says he believes one of the alleged victims, Mike DiSabato, is “bullying him” with emails, according to CNN. DiSabato publicly accused Jordan of lying about being unaware of the abuse on Tuesday. A day later, a source within Jordan’s office told CNN that the Ohio Republican intends to get police involved after receiving numerous emails from DiSabato over the course of a few months. The emails were described as vaguely threatening, though no details were provided on their content.

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Put a fork in him! 
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/powerful-gop-rep-jim-jordan-accused-turning-blind-eye-sexual-n888386?cid=eml_nbn_20180703

Dunyasha Yetts, who wrestled at Ohio State in 1993 and 1994, said he and others told Jordan about Strauss.

“I remember I had a thumb injury and went into Strauss’ office and he started pulling down my wrestling shorts,” he said. “I’m like, what the f--- are you doing? And I went out and told Russ and Jim what happened. I was not having it. They went in and talked to Strauss.”

Yetts said he and his teammates talked to Jordan numerous times about Strauss.

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) has reportedly decided to enlist the help of Capitol Hill police after receiving emails from a man who says he suffered sexual abuseduring Jordan’s time as an assistant coach at Ohio State University. Several former wrestlers accused Jordan of turning a blind eye to the abuse during his time at the school, saying he had been informed directly of inappropriate touching by the team doctor. Jordan has denied ever being aware of the allegations, and now says he believes one of the alleged victims, Mike DiSabato, is “bullying him” with emails, according to CNN. DiSabato publicly accused Jordan of lying about being unaware of the abuse on Tuesday. A day later, a source within Jordan’s office told CNN that the Ohio Republican intends to get police involved after receiving numerous emails from DiSabato over the course of a few months. The emails were described as vaguely threatening, though no details were provided on their content.

Getting to be best to just stay home and not talk to anyone ever again....

Edited by row_33

On 7/3/2018 at 6:48 PM, peace out said:

Honestly, I didn't follow the story at the time, and don't know enough to comment on it.

However, if it was the same situation as this one, then I'd have to say yes, I'd think the same thing.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, peace out said:

You realize Sandusky molested/raped children, don't you?  it was an offseason football camp; not PSU players.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog. 

waitresses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand (on a qwerty keyboard).

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

waitresses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand (on a qwerty keyboard).

typewriter is spelled on the top row of letters

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Not true.  That would be "asdqwerrtacdasdarfsdafgasdsxzcxcaewrqwdawfgfahawerfdaqwedadfsdfaqewrg."

Yes, it's a word.  It's Welsh for "Hi."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oops. 

DhXZ0b6V4AU8ehi.jpg

Oops, again: 

None of that matters. The hit is already out there.  Jordan is a badass. I settle this by letting Bo, Jeff and Jim take their opposition to the mat at the old st Paris elementary school. 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

None of that matters. The hit is already out there.  Jordan is a badass. I settle this by letting Bo, Jeff and Jim take their opposition to the mat at the old st Paris elementary school. 

So a guy who turned a blind eye to sexual molestation can just wrestle he way out of it? 

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course they didn't think that. They just wanted to be able to disingenuously point to a feeble attempt to contact him when called out on their partisan bullschiff.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Alaska is the only state that is typed using the keys on the same row of a qwerty keyboard.

"You're an idiot" is the only phrase typed using only keys that have the letters worn off on my keyboard.

• Haha (+1) 3