Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

18 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I agree with this.  Hard to think otherwise.

Assuming AJ starts and Josh Allen sits and learns, what do you do with Peterman?  Keep him on the active roster or send him to the PS?  If PS, good chance some other team picks him up; I would bet the some other team is NE.

...certainly shaping up to be an interesting TC & pre-season....and the "Mc Trio" could be faced with some pretty significant decisions, surprisingly at the QB spot (when's the LAST TIME for QB dilemma??).....IF Allen does prove to be the eventual franchise QB, where does he stand in development before "live ammo"?......probably #2 IMO......IF McCarron does prove to be the starter, showing signs of his steady Eddie, game manager 'Bama tenure that netted two championships, will it translate into #1 despite limited yet important NFL experience?......hopefully yes so Allen can be brought along slowly....does the OTA hype about the Peterman kid continue (of course it is NOT live ammo, but I thought the kid showed signs last year particularly on the cerebral side of the game to show some progress in 2018 minis/OTA's)?......if the kid continues to show progress in TC and pre-season, is the PS move going to be poached?......dunno......he'd have to go the the active 53 for the poacher.....does the "Mc Trio" eventually keep 'em all on the active 53 and hope somebody comes calling with trade bait due to injury?......plenty to chew on as we move forward IMO....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I just hope one of these 3  turns out to be the long term answer at qb.  I dont give a flying u know what which one turns out to be good just please can one of them have a long career and be a franchise qb. Probably like most bills fans I am desperate for this to happen been to freaking long. 

37 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly shaping up to be an interesting TC & pre-season....and the "Mc Trio" could be faced with some pretty significant decisions, surprisingly at the QB spot (when's the LAST TIME for QB dilemma??).....IF Allen does prove to be the eventual franchise QB, where does he stand in development before "live ammo"?......probably #2 IMO......IF McCarron does prove to be the starter, showing signs of his steady Eddie, game manager 'Bama tenure that netted two championships, will it translate into #1 despite limited yet important NFL experience?......hopefully yes so Allen can be brought along slowly....does the OTA hype about the Peterman kid continue (of course it is NOT live ammo, but I thought the kid showed signs last year particularly on the cerebral side of the game to show some progress in 2018 minis/OTA's)?......if the kid continues to show progress in TC and pre-season, is the PS move going to be poached?......dunno......he'd have to go the the active 53 for the poacher.....does the "Mc Trio" eventually keep 'em all on the active 53 and hope somebody comes calling with trade bait due to injury?......plenty to chew on as we move forward IMO....

Exactly my point.  If we stick Peterman on the PS, most likely someone will snatch him up.  Some on this board are fine with that.  My opinion is that we should try to get something for him, as you pointed out injuries happen and another team most likely would be interested.  Best case scenario is AJ wins the starting job and does enough to keep the offense moving, though it won't be a powerhouse, and Josh Allen is a quick study where maybe Peterman gets traded.  Again, perfect world scenario which AJ wins the job, stays healthy, and does just enough.

17 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Exactly my point.  If we stick Peterman on the PS, most likely someone will snatch him up.  Some on this board are fine with that.  My opinion is that we should try to get something for him, as you pointed out injuries happen and another team most likely would be interested.  Best case scenario is AJ wins the starting job and does enough to keep the offense moving, though it won't be a powerhouse, and Josh Allen is a quick study where maybe Peterman gets traded.  Again, perfect world scenario which AJ wins the job, stays healthy, and does just enough.

A perfect world scenario is that Josh Allen wins the job and looks like the elusive “franchise QB.”

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...dilemma or enema?..........

One of the guys helped lead us to the promised land after wandering around in the dessert for 17 years.

and on a couple of weekends in 2017 all 3 started for NFL teams on the same day.

Definitely better than the Trent/Fitz/Bad Bad Levi Brown delemna. :)

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

...clear as mud, isn't it?....LMAO.....what if McCarron and Peterman end up in a virtual "dead heat"?......now what?.....Allen and Peterman on the active 53 and adios to McCarron?....if McCarron outshines Peterman and you send Nate to the PS, does he get poached knowing he goes to the poacher's active 53?....could or would that happen?...keep all three active and hope for trade bait if an injury comes a long elsewhere knowing McCarron may be the choice based on NFL limited experience?....OR...does his lack of selection post draft /FA feeding frenzy where McBeane picked him up on HIS terms mean he wouldn't be much of a trade bait calling card?....clear as mud...AGAIN bud.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

it was the pick six for tuel that had you guys bend him over and since you had so much practice on him, nate was /is irresistible. tuel could have had a chance to develop had not the regime changed and that's all there is to that.  why don't you guys live in the present for once...check it out....

there are 3 qbs on the roster.....2 of which are battling for the job.

peterman may actually win the job.

your opinions and snark mean jack.

i wanted a.j. to get his shot to shine but if nate gets the nod are you guys gonna leave or quit being fans? what will you do there kirby? join with tranny and some others and protest at the games.  wear 5 pick tshirts?  it is 06/22/18

There are actually 3 QBs battling for the job, not 2.

And I'll be 100% supportive of whoever is under center for the Bills, despite whatever level of apprehension I might feel about that player.

It's good Peterman has been working on arm strength and velocity, because if his arm strength remains the same from his rookie year through the rest of his career, he won't ever be more than a backup.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A perfect word scenario is that Josh Allen wins the job and looks like the elusive “franchise QB.”

That is the truth.

But for now i hope we can keep all 3 until the battle is decided. I would dare not trade either till i was sure i Bills had two very viable QBs to start the season if some over the top over came ( it won't )
go with these 3 with the mindset as they will finish the Season out as Buffalo Bill.
I am starting to root for Peterman ( underdog syndrome )

Exactly my point.  If we stick Peterman on the PS, most likely someone will snatch him up.

Ah, yes, I recall the days when folks here lobbied most vehemently that we just COULDN'T expose Levi Brown to waivers, someone would claim him.  Well hey y'all guess what.

Unless Peterman just lights up the place like a pinball machine in training camp and preseason, don't you think the market for a 5th round draft pick entering his 2nd year, and who threw a record number of picks in one half of a game last year, would be a bit limited?  Note: I'm not saying that defines who Peterman is as a player, I'm just pointing out it would seem to limit his market to other teams.

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's good Peterman has been working on arm strength and velocity, because if his arm strength remains the same from his rookie year through the rest of his career, he won't ever be more than a backup.

And if his velocity doesn't improve or his judgement about what he can do with it doesn't change, he won't be a backup either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You say McCarron winning the starting job vs. being the one who gets traded would the best case scenario...

What's the reasoning behind it?

Just now, BurpleBull said:

What's the reasoning behind it?

Hypothetical.  I have no evidence or reasoning other than he's been in the league a couple of years behind Andy Dalton.  I don't think most know much about AJ at this point.

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unless Peterman just lights up the place like a pinball machine in training camp and preseason, don't you think the market for a 5th round draft pick entering his 2nd year, and who threw a record number of picks in one half of a game last year, would be a bit limited?  Note: I'm not saying that defines who Peterman is as a player, I'm just pointing out it would seem to limit his market to other teams.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...clear as mud, isn't it?....LMAO.....what if McCarron and Peterman end up in a virtual "dead heat"?......now what?.....Allen and Peterman on the active 53 and adios to McCarron?....if McCarron outshines Peterman and you send Nate to the PS, does he get poached knowing he goes to the poacher's active 53?....could or would that happen?...keep all three active and hope for trade bait if an injury comes a long elsewhere knowing McCarron may be the choice based on NFL limited experience?....OR...does his lack of selection post draft /FA feeding frenzy where McBeane picked him up on HIS terms mean he wouldn't be much of a trade bait calling card?....clear as mud...AGAIN bud.........

Great posts with tough situations to consider.  If Peterman and AJ are about equal through camp, and neither is completely awful, thinking about it both should be kept on the active roster; at least until the trade deadline.  Of course Allen's development will factor in, where if Josh looks like the elusive franchise QB we've been waiting for, it makes AJ or Peterman expendable (hopefully trade-able.)  I see @Hapless Bills Fan's point, Peterman's QB value could be close to zero, but we also don't know how desperate other teams may be for a backup.  Clear as mud right now, indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Great posts with tough situations to consider.  If Peterman and AJ are about equal through camp, and neither is completely awful, thinking about it both should be kept on the active roster; at least until the trade deadline.  Of course Allen's development will factor in, where if Josh looks like the elusive franchise QB we've been waiting for, it makes AJ or Peterman expendable (hopefully trade-able.)  I see @Hapless Bills Fan's point, Peterman's QB value could be close to zero, but we also don't know how desperate other teams may be for a backup.  Clear as mud right now, indeed.

I'll expand on this a bit.  I think if AJ and Nate indeed look like a dead heat through preseason, both WILL be kept even if Allen is lighting the place up and looks ready to rock.  The reason I think that is because the wild-card is, are we dealing with a Preseason Warrior who fades when the pace and intensity ratchet up during the regular season?  They want to field a capable team this year I believe, and they won't know for sure until they see a guy play a regular game. 

I'll put it out there, though, that I think it's a pretty big "if".

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah, yes, I recall the days when folks here lobbied most vehemently that we just COULDN'T expose Levi Brown to waivers, someone would claim him.  Well hey y'all guess what.

And if his velocity doesn't improve or his judgement about what he can do with it doesn't change, he won't be a backup either.

or if he doesn't stop ducking and  chucking.

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

when's the LAST TIME for QB dilemma??

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...dilemma or enema?..........

Geez, whatever anyone's thoughts might be right now on Taylor, if the QB competition right now results in QB play in McCarron/Peterman/Allen having a 2018 season like Tyrod Taylor's in 2015, I think all will be very happy and will believe we drafted a legit Franchise QB if that QB is Allen or there will be a legit conversation by some questioning whether we really needed to draft Allen if it's Peterman or McCarron.

3 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Hey guys, there is a Nathan Peterman page that is currently 48 pages long. How did this happen? 

SaviorPeterman is back under a different username with the same ole tricks.

• Like (+1) 2