Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....tell me why the eff my late grandparents on both sides had to do it the RIGHT WAY through Ellis Island as Italian immigrants?.....what changed?....

They came from Europe by ship and were better controlled. The southern border has always been porous but not until the mid to late 1800's did we need to import substantial amounts of farm workers. They came from Mexico and either returned there in the winters or holed up in our cities. It used to mainly be single male workers who crossed our borders for work, work that we needed done. Now we are getting a large influx of families and fake families and our laws were not set up to deal with it.

A  good book that is fiction but generally true (and is easy to read) is Centennial by James Michener. Like most of his books he follows different family lines throughout the centuries and the reader is able to get to read a historic novel.

Edited by 3rdnlng

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....tell me why the eff my late grandparents on both sides had to do it the RIGHT WAY through Ellis Island as Italian immigrants?.....what changed?....

We went through the process six years ago with my wife. Had to wait 22 months on a K1 visa because of the backlog of illegals.

Many LEGAL immigrants (like my wife) can't stand those who are too lazy or impatient to go through the process, and will never vote for a candidate who supports open borders. Six months ago, when I was in California, I was shocked at how many Hispanics I spoke with are pro Trump. The general consensus was this: "We left for a reason. We don't want that scum anywhere near us." There will always be major resentment by many legal immigrants. This is the Democrats' biggest miscalculation on the issue.

• Like (+1) 6

23 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

We went through the process six years ago with my wife. Had to wait 22 months on a K1 visa because of the backlog of illegals.

Many LEGAL immigrants (like my wife) can't stand those who are too lazy or impatient to go through the process, and will never vote for a candidate who supports open borders. Six months ago, when I was in California, I was shocked at how many Hispanics I spoke with are pro Trump. The general consensus was this: "We left for a reason. We don't want that scum anywhere near us." There will always be major resentment by many legal immigrants. This is the Democrats' biggest miscalculation on the issue.

...we had the legal way process in place and abandoned it....those that did it the right way probably wonder why thy bothered, but I salute them 10000%....

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Actually, you probably didn't.  Illegal immigrants don't have much impact on the I-129 workload. 

The reason you had to wait 22 months is because immigration processing in this country, overall, are just FUBAR'd. 

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, you probably didn't.  Illegal immigrants don't have much impact on the I-129 workload. 

The reason you had to wait 22 months is because immigration processing in this country, overall, are just FUBAR'd. 

Whenever I had the opportunity to ask them about the delays at various stages of the process, that was the line -- "Have you seen what's going on at the border? We're stretched to the limit."

Would I put it past them to lie? No.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

So did mine. I have zero sympathy for these people. Get back in line and wait your turn.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, DC Tom said:

Asylum seekers have a year to fill out the I-589 after entering the country, too.

It's important to know that the asylum application you found is a USCIS form.  USCIS grants "products" to immigrants - DACA, permanent residency, citizenship, TPS, etc.  It is not involved in border enforcement, though - that's CBP.  And CBP handling of asylum seekers crossing the border is different, and unrelated to USCIS.  

That's where a lot of the confusion comes in.  CBP's process of detainment for hearing is unrelated to the USCIS petition for asylum.  CBP's process is more analogous to an ex post facto visa application allowing temporary residency for the asylum seeker to request asylum.  No one is actually "granted asylum" at the border, though...because CBP is responsible for the border, and does not grant asylum.  USCIS grants asylum...but is not responsible for the border.  

Yes, it's actually pretty screwed up.  CBP handles the border; USCIS handles residency, asylum, and citizenship; INS handles deportations.  And Justice runs the immigration courts, State grants visas (though USCIS handles some of the visa applications).  HHS is responsible for child detention and child care.  And FBI, Transportation, CIA, and DoD have various fingers in various immigration pies.  It's a cockamamie system badly in need of legislative reform...that we'll not get, because both sides of the aisle would rather perpetuate the problem for election politics than fix it.

Thanks for the breakdown. 

Would you say the racists are evenly spread out amongst the various departments, or is one more race-o-centric than the rest?  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, DC Tom said:

Asylum seekers have a year to fill out the I-589 after entering the country, too.

It's important to know that the asylum application you found is a USCIS form.  USCIS grants "products" to immigrants - DACA, permanent residency, citizenship, TPS, etc.  It is not involved in border enforcement, though - that's CBP.  And CBP handling of asylum seekers crossing the border is different, and unrelated to USCIS.  

That's where a lot of the confusion comes in.  CBP's process of detainment for hearing is unrelated to the USCIS petition for asylum.  CBP's process is more analogous to an ex post facto visa application allowing temporary residency for the asylum seeker to request asylum.  No one is actually "granted asylum" at the border, though...because CBP is responsible for the border, and does not grant asylum.  USCIS grants asylum...but is not responsible for the border.  

Yes, it's actually pretty screwed up.  CBP handles the border; USCIS handles residency, asylum, and citizenship; INS handles deportations.  And Justice runs the immigration courts, State grants visas (though USCIS handles some of the visa applications).  HHS is responsible for child detention and child care.  And FBI, Transportation, CIA, and DoD have various fingers in various immigration pies.  It's a cockamamie system badly in need of legislative reform...that we'll not get, because both sides of the aisle would rather perpetuate the problem for election politics than fix it.

CBP does process some visa applications; like L, H, and TN.  They then send the approved visa applications to USCIS to input.

Also, immigration attorneys are employees of ICE, and not DOJ.  It’s the judges who are DOJ.  Just for further clarification on your point.

State Dept issues all visas but any visa that involves an A-number has to have prior approval from DHS.

1 hour ago, Whatnot78 said:

CBP does process some visa applications; like L, H, and TN.  They then send the approved visa applications to USCIS to input.

Also, immigration attorneys are employees of ICE, and not DOJ.  It’s the judges who are DOJ.  Just for further clarification on your point.

State Dept issues all visas but any visa that involves an A-number has to have prior approval from DHS.

But CBP fills out Canadian TN visas...some of them.  Others may not be a TN visa, but an I-129 processed by USCIS.  Mexican TN visas, they have to apply at an Embassy, so they're processed by State...  :wacko:

The main point being, it's a totally ***** up state of affairs. 

Clearly you work at DHS, because you call alien numbers "A numbers."  Every - every - immigrant I've talked to calls them "alien numbers," and thinks "A-number" is ridiculous when I tell them I'm not allowed to call it that.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Back to the point of the original question.

I have a rebuttal question.

Why wasn't this question asked back in 2014 when this was happening at a higher rate with another administration?

All I hear are crickets.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Why wasn't this question asked back in 2014 when this was happening at a higher rate with another administration?

Because shaddup raysis poopy pants

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

All I hear are crickets.

The kids were older and unaccompanied in 2014 whereas the kids today arrived with their parents and are separated?  I don't know.  I lose track.

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

But CBP fills out Canadian TN visas...some of them.  Others may not be a TN visa, but an I-129 processed by USCIS.  Mexican TN visas, they have to apply at an Embassy, so they're processed by State...  :wacko:

The main point being, it's a totally ***** up state of affairs. 

Clearly you work at DHS, because you call alien numbers "A numbers."  Every - every - immigrant I've talked to calls them "alien numbers," and thinks "A-number" is ridiculous when I tell them I'm not allowed to call it that.  

Does CBP stand for Canadian Blackballing Processors?  God I hope so.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The kids were older and unaccompanied in 2014 whereas the kids today arrived with their parents and are separated?  I don't know.  I lose track.

So in 2014 the kids were pre-separated? Sort of like laundry. ?

15 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

I worked with a Brit in a kitchen in LA in the early 80’s. He was going through the process. He was so pissed that he was surrounded by people who came here illegally while he was waiting and waiting.  Had a sponsor and spent a ton of money on lawyers. Not sure what ever became of him. 

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the "pro-life" scammers are upset, not. 

Migrant children separated from their parents through the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy experienced more severe mental trauma than children who were not separated, according to a government watchdog report.

Separated children “exhibited more fear, feelings of abandonment, and post-traumatic stress” than children who were not separated, according to a report released Wednesday by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) inspector general.

According to the report, some children did not understand why they were being separated and sometimes thought their parents had abandoned them. Mental health staff said some children expressed so much grief and confusion over the separation that they cried inconsolably.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/459899-government-watchdog-details-severe-trauma-suffered-by-separated-children

HAHA Gator, as usual you have your head so far up your ass that you can't even see what you posted. Whose fault is it that children get separated from their parents? If the parents present themselves at a point of entry (along with their children) do they get separated? No. So, it's the governments fault that children who break in to this country along with their parents are treated according to law? What responsibility does Congress have for deliberately underfunding facilities and beds for holding families together?