Social Security and Medicare Pending Insolvency

2 hours ago, GG said:

Which based on your posting history means that you snipe from the back bench without offering solutions.  Would love to actually hear how you accomplish your favorite socially progressive policies, while maintaining fiscal conservatism.

Well the answer should be quite obvious, tax the rich!

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Well the answer should be quite obvious, tax the rich!

Let me be clear: The millionaires and billionaires must pay their fair share for having private jets.

5 hours ago, GG said:

Which based on your posting history means that you snipe from the back bench without offering solutions.  Would love to actually hear how you accomplish your favorite socially progressive policies, while maintaining fiscal conservatism.

We tax gay cakes!

14 hours ago, baskin said:

Nice rant.....now check the records of deficits under GOP and Dem Potus....BTW...GOP just crushed the deficit with tax bill and spending package...Yes I hope phony conservatives get crushed...I am socially progessive and fiscally concervative...GOP/Cons are neither

Your wasting your time using an intelligent argument on a Trumptard. Facts dont work with these idiots.

7 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Your wasting your time using an intelligent argument on a Trumptard. Facts dont work with these idiots.

What makes you intelligent enough to weigh in on intelligent arguments? Certainly not your spelling. What was intelligent about Baskin's argument? What facts did he state?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 11:55 AM, plenzmd1 said:

this is why both sides drive me friggen nuts... 

Are you really saying the budget numbers are a Democratic ploy? 

OTOH , you have the Trump=Bad no matter the outcome ..

both sides freaking knucklheads...too hard to do critical thinking i guess

my problem with the whole, 'budget', and social security and medicare spending as well is, what's the underlying agenda here? i mean, look.... we have the Fed, we have Quantative Easing and we have the Kenesian Economic model. if we can enter digits into accounts to just create digidollars for banks, the economy and whatnot, why the !@#$ can't they do the same for SS, Medicare and spend whatever the hell they want to on the budget. QE hasn't come home to roost as yet, might as well just run the ruse right up everyone asses.

Republicans want to use a second round of tax cuts to put Democrats between a rock and a hard place

Even after passing the largest federal tax code overhaul in 30 years, Republicans are making more noise about trying to pass a second tax cut in an attempt to put pressure on Democrats in an election year.

Top Republicans including President Donald Trump and Rep. Kevin Brady, the author of the newly implemented tax law, recently talked up the chances of introducing a second tax bill in Congress.

"We're actually going for a phase two, which will help — in addition to the middle class — will help companies," Trump said at a White House event on March 12. "It's going to be something, I think, very special.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-second-tax-cut-bill-before-2018-midterm-elections-2018-3

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Taxes on the wealthy will have to go up to pay for this. This latest round of tax cut only made this situation worse. 

Social Security and Medicare aren't funded by income tax.  They're funded by FICA, which was increased under the newest tax legislation, you reject.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Republicans want to use a second round of tax cuts to put Democrats between a rock and a hard place

Even after passing the largest federal tax code overhaul in 30 years, Republicans are making more noise about trying to pass a second tax cut in an attempt to put pressure on Democrats in an election year.

Top Republicans including President Donald Trump and Rep. Kevin Brady, the author of the newly implemented tax law, recently talked up the chances of introducing a second tax bill in Congress.

"We're actually going for a phase two, which will help — in addition to the middle class — will help companies," Trump said at a White House event on March 12. "It's going to be something, I think, very special.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-second-tax-cut-bill-before-2018-midterm-elections-2018-3

Politically brilliant.

As if they weren't acting insane enough, in the middle of their meltdown, force them to take a stand against allowing Americans to keep more of their paychecks; which they'll do with vitriol.  They'll have to argue, at the same time, against the last round of cuts, which benefited American workers and the economy, and be forced to tell people who are doing better than they have in years that they are stupid.

Does that sound like a winner to you?

Again, politically brilliant.

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Social Security and Medicare aren't funded by income tax.  They're funded by FICA, which was increased under the newest tax legislation, you reject.

SO? I guess that will have to change. 

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

SO? I guess that will have to change. 

sure, i don't pay enough !@#$ing taxes, take some more. i got news for you though, when you've taken it all, you can try taking blood from a stone you, mench.