What are your shortcomings?

Kind of a broad topic and I'm not talking about physical stuff (i.e birth defects and other acts of God). More along the lines of what traits would you improve on to make you a better person?

1. Patience - I fly off the handle and get frustrated very quickly when things don't go as planned.

2. Empathy- my 28 score isnt a great thing.

3. Intellectually - Ive always been terrible at math. Im doing some training and its frustrating that Im struggling with the same stuff i have since highschool.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Is the topic “What are your shortcomings”?

You can add proofreading to your list. ?

Edit:  you fixed it. 

As for me, I’m lazy. I get by on natural intelligence and ability, but I never really try hard at anything. 

Edited by Gray Beard
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Is the topic “What are your shortcomings”?

You can add proofreading to your list. ?

Edit:  you fixed it. 

As for me, I’m lazy. I get by on natural intelligence and ability, but I never really try hard at anything. 

I had about 6 edits to get it right, but I refuse to take the heat on that. On my list of problems thats about # 206. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

When I left serving my country,I did too many drugs. Those drugs robbed me of mental emotions. I don't cry when I should,I don't listen enough and I don't tell people I love them when I should.

I know it sounds easy and dismissive, but give yourself a break and work on moving forward into your future. You know I mean that in the best possible way.  Be well and feel free to reach out. 

22 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

When I left serving my country,I did too many drugs. Those drugs robbed me of mental emotions. I don't cry when I should,I don't listen enough and I don't tell people I love them when I should.

I never served my country, but I did do some drugs. Nothing that i would consider debilitating or significant enough ro make a huge impact on my life on the whole, but I can relate to the rest of your statemet

"robbed me of mental emotions. I don't cry when I should,I don't listen enough and I don't tell people I love them when I should."

One thing i make sure to do is to tell my wife and kids and mom " I love you" every time we separate.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
Separate is a tricky word.

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I never served my country, but I did do some drugs. Nothing that i would consider debilitating or significant enough ro make a huge impact on my life on the whole, but I can relate to the rest of your statemet

"robbed me of mental emotions. I don't cry when I should,I don't listen enough and I don't tell people I love them when I should."

One thing i make sure to do is to tell my wife and kids and mom " I love you" every time we separate.

May I suggest adding a hug. I’m telling you, it’s a huge added value. It’s a regular part of our lives that we cherish. You never know when it will be the last time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

May I suggest adding a hug. I’m telling you, it’s a huge added value. It’s a regular part of our lives that we cherish. You never know when it will be the last time. 

I didnt want to come off too sappy, but between you and me we do a kiss in the household. Kids onbthe cheek mamma a little extra.

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I didnt want to come off too sappy, but between you and me we do a kiss in the household. Kids onbthe cheek mamma a little extra.

Hard to be TOO sappy with family. Is there anything more important? 

I’m ill tempered, even more so now that I rarely drink.  My tolerance for people who are problematic or disloyal  is very low. I’m impatient. I internalize emotion, both positive and negative way too much, which means that sometimes I spew.  I hold grudges.

Other than that, I’m a hell of a guy.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish I could focus more on my passion projects. 

Because what's left of us after we die? What legacy are we passing on?

Our passion. 

If we don't produce anything from our passion, then we're pretty much erased from history. Like we never existed. 

It was all just a waste.

• Like (+1) 1