[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I think officially this is supposed to be impossible. I may get grief for saying this, but I don't hate the Leafs. When I was a kid, there were a lot of bandwagon Montreal Canadiens fans (this was the seventies). I rather despised them. I remember watching Leafs' games on the telly. I liked Doug Favell and had a mild affection for the team.

You will learn to hate them by the end of the season. The media attention (hockey media) is over the top. I'm already sick of them and the season hasn't started yet. Then again I live with a Leaf fan. If I didn't know better I would think they already have 6 Hall Of fame Players and are in the middle of a 5 cup dynasty run. I think it's in the dna. Leaf fans are the same now as they were when I was a kid 40-50 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dante said:

You will learn to hate them by the end of the season. The media attention (hockey media) is over the top. I'm already sick of them and the season hasn't started yet. Then again I live with a Leaf fan. If I didn't know better I would think they already have 6 Hall Of fame Players and are in the middle of a 5 cup dynasty run. I think it's in the dna. Leaf fans are the same now as they were when I was a kid 40-50 years ago.

I gotta kick out of Shanahan’s comments about how the young players will need to settle for less money if they want to win a cup in Toronto like Red Wing players did back when he won cups with them. Never mind that there were no salary cap  restrictions back then. It will be interesting to see how that plays out but I think that’s a tough sell to a star like Matthews who will command upwards of  McDavid money. Not to mention Marner. And Nylander is already not toeing the company line on that score. 

Lot of pressure on the Leafs to win it all this year. It helps having the best coach in the game to help with that.

• Like (+1) 2

Leafs beat Price with three goals high and just inside the post by snipers Matthews and Tavares, he stopped 6 others somehow 

Habs had nothing to set up an offensive attack, all goals will come off rebounds or flukes, Domi was the best out there tonight

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Leafs beat Price with three goals high and just inside the post by snipers Matthews and Tavares, he stopped 6 others somehow 

Habs had nothing to set up an offensive attack, all goals will come off rebounds or flukes, Domi was the best out there tonight

Tell ya what, I liked the Canadians game last night. They will be much better than expected. 

Also, I did. It see the Caps game., but mixed feelings. 

1) did anyone from the Caps retaliate on a Bruin for Marchand being Marchand!

2) hate that dude, but be honest we would have liked to see someone do that last couple of years during this run of putricity. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tell ya what, I liked the Canadians game last night. They will be much better than expected. 

Also, I did. It see the Caps game., but mixed feelings. 

1) did anyone from the Caps retaliate on a Bruin for Marchand being Marchand!

2) hate that dude, but be honest we would have liked to see someone do that last couple of years during this run of putricity. 

What was there to like about the Habs? 

They held the puck for 2/3 of the third period and didn’t  have the talent to set up a legit scoring chance.  It’s a team that couldn’t set up a 2 on 1, or 3 on 2 with authority.

Montreal takes it really seriously at home in the regular season and that gains them a few wins, but you need snipers and talented players that create scoring chances, like Tavares and Matthews. Leafs have long stretches without players like this....

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

What was there to like about the Habs? 

They held the puck for 2/3 of the third period and didn’t  have the talent to set up a legit scoring chance.  It’s a team that couldn’t set up a 2 on 1, or 3 on 2 with authority.

Montreal takes it really seriously at home in the regular season and that gains them a few wins, but you need snipers and talented players that create scoring chances, like Tavares and Matthews. Leafs have long stretches without players like this....

Speed, quickness, possession. I would take game 82 times from the Sabres. 

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The CAPS softened them up for you. 

7-0 shut out by the defending Champs. 

(am I allowed to post here?)

No, you have a dirty player! Hell @Dante always in here yapping bout his Sharks and @njbuffis here all the time as the one devils fan west of the City. So of course join the party. Just don’t make fun of the Sabres... it’s too easy !

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Speed, quickness, possession. I would take game 82 times from the Sabres. 

It gets you nowhere with scrappy players

the best teams are loaded with huge and talented and driven players

you need the talent and size to go anywhere

you should watch the good teams on occasion, get out of watching untalented teams trying to get away with scrappiness as their only trait and always finishing at best 13th in the conference....

————-

should separate the Sabres from the rest of the NHL on a thread here....  it’s not going to be pretty combining them if the Leafs have a solid regular season......

Edited by row_33

Just now, row_33 said:

It gets you nowhere with scrappy players

the best teams are loaded with huge and talented and driven players

you need the talent and size to go anywhere

you should watch the good teams on occasion, get out of watching untalented teams try to get away with being scrappy and always finishing 13th in the conference....

well, we shall see. They played a good game last night..then again the Sabres played a good game opening night last year too!!!!

I think they will be tougher to play than many people expected..me included. Again, one game.

BTW, they going all "culture" too..sat Plekanec and Alzner last night