[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

20 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its always bothered me cause even when the Sabres do well all most on tv or radio for the most part want to talk about is the Bills. I like football, I just don't understand the obsession over a team that has been bad more then good. 

Your the same guy in another thread that said Americans aren't smart enough to like hockey. So why are u here on USA football board that also likes and follows a NHL team in the same market? I smell troll

Just now, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Your the same guy in another thread that said Americans aren't smart enough to like hockey. So why are u here on USA football board that also likes and follows a NHL team in the same market? I smell troll

I have been a Sabres fan since the days that Hartford had team. My first game was a 9 goal win against Hartford at the AUD. That thread about Americans not liking hockey was more towards the southern US sports fan. Buffalo had always supported their teams. Its more that in Canada where I live most live and breath hockey. I find it hard to understand why most Americans have it so far down their list of sports. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Not all hockey fans are football fans and vice versa. Why is it important to you? The city is going nuts over the Sabres. 

I don't know a Bills fan who isn't a Sabres fan in the Buffalo area.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

I have been a Sabres fan since the days that Hartford had team. My first game was a 9 goal win against Hartford at the AUD. That thread about Americans not liking hockey was more towards the southern US sports fan. Buffalo had always supported their teams. Its more that in Canada where I live most live and breath hockey. I find it hard to understand why most Americans have it so far down their list of sports. 

Probably accessibility as most kids don't play hockey in their youth as much as football, baseball, and basketball.  Especially in the South.  Also, lack of diversity.  Plus, ESPN barely covers it.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know a Bills fan who isn't a Sabres fan in the Buffalo area.

Probably accessibility as most kids don't play hockey in their youth as much as football, baseball, and basketball.  Especially in the South.  Also, lack of diversity.  Plus, ESPN barely covers it.

Not only that, the cost to play hockey can be prohibitive. It’s not like soccer where all you need is some shin pads, cleats and a patch of grass. Or basketball where all you need is a ball and hoops. 

Hockey equipment is expensive and ice time is even more expensive (so the fees to play in a youth hockey league aren’t cheap).

FINAL: Sabres 3 - Red Wings 2 (SO)

cut.jpg

The Sabres extend their winning streak to 9 games and currently sit in 1st place in the NHL.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (16-6-2) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 25 vs. SJS (12-8-4) at 7 PM ET on 11/27; A Fine Nine!
29 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not only that, the cost to play hockey can be prohibitive. It’s not like soccer where all you need is some shin pads, cleats and a patch of grass. Or basketball where all you need is a ball and hoops. 

Hockey equipment is expensive and ice time is even more expensive (so the fees to play in a youth hockey league aren’t cheap).

Agreed.  It's becoming more and more a rich kid's game and that is a major reason for a lack of diversity in the NHL.  Practicing at six in the morning isn't fun either.  You also have to start your kid early because it's a tough game to learn and play.  Unless you live up North there aren't any ponds to play pick up games in in the winter.

• Like (+1) 2

23j24wx.jpg

From the Locker Room: Sabres-Red Wings

USATSI_11719442.jpg?itok=OTwBT-I_&c=1c49

The Buffalo Sabres stayed hot in Detroit on Saturday night, skating to their ninth-straight victoty with a 3-2 shootout win over the Red Wings. Jeff Skinner netted his 18th goal of the season just 3:37 into the game, giving the Sabres the early lead. Detroit's Dylan Larkin tied the game at 1-1 in the second period, but Tage Thompson put the Sabres back on top with a rocket of a one-timer midway through the third period. The Red Wings later tied the game 2-2 and ended up playing the Sabres all the way to a shootout. Buffalo won the seven-round shootout 2-1, Tage Thompson kept the Sabres alive with a tying goal in the fifth round and Sam Reinhart won it in the seventh round with a beautiful top-shelf back hand. Linus Ullmark had an outstanding night in goal, recording 35 saves on 37 shots faced; he also stopped 6/7 Detroit attempts in the shootout. Hear from Thompson, Ullmark, Jack Eichel and coach Phil Housley following Buffalo's victory.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Always liked Vanek

our goalies have been outstanding

Need to start winning these games in regulation.

......watched that Thompson kid unleash a rocket from the circle.....Jimmy never saw it or heard it.......pretty impressive..........

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Always liked Vanek

What a change from last year when a shootout meant a certainty of losing...

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Always liked Vanek

We have this amazing 9 game win streak and you post this? I don't care how we won 9 games in a row. we won them yes? We have had 2 games in this run that didn't go into OT. Personally I think us going into OT/Shootouts and consistently winning has helped the Sabres have more faith in themselves. We have young players on this team with so much to learn, getting used to each other's habits. This team is #1 this morning, something no person thought would happen during this year yet your hear and this is your reply? Someone with over 24k posts can surely do better then this.

10 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yeah some of you are. How many more wins will it take for most people in Buffalo to take notice. All I am saying is that people need to start paying more attention to a winning team. 

The stadium was sold out last home game... no need to be worrying about other people.