Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

34 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

All those Bills glory players who made it to the hall went to the ceremony. None of them had a press conference so that the press could watch them do sit ups. None of them pulled out a box of popcorn. None of the Bills greats fake cried about their QB for the press. Certainly none of them threw their QB under the bus after a Superbowl. Did any of them obviously not even try to catch the ball when playing the Falcons in Atlanta? Need I go on?

TO is not that great despite his wonderful stats.

“Not that great”...ok pal.

see this is why there’s no arguing with some of the homers here. Nothing grounded in reality, no desire to look at something from a different perspective, just obstinate blather.

no, no Bills player ever also did all those specific things that TO did. That doesn’t mean that they were better teammates, better men than TO. They had their own issues, which are widely known locally. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

i was lucky enough to be at the induction of ralph and bruce smith.  it was such a fun time, and i always thought what a wonderful weekend it would be for the inductees and their families.  I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want to be a part of that.

I bet he would "show up" if they presented him with the Keys to the Hall.

to keys.png

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dpberr said:

TO has always been the one football player that I shouldn't like, but I always have.    

I suppose it's due in part to the fact that he never had to stand trial (I see you Ray Lewis), was never was convicted of a crime, never suspended for performance enhancing drugs, etc and played hard for every team he was on during his NFL career.  I respected that he never dogged it in Buffalo and he played on essentially one good leg in the Super Bowl with the Eagles.  

He's guilty of a big ego and being super weird.  

Very good post. I like TO. You cannot say he was not driven to be his best. Whether he was his best is arguable, but he damn sure balled on the field.

Much like Richie, TO had some issues, but on the playing field he was awesome. I have issues too, but on my field  (job) I'm a bad mofo.

I think someone should start an 'All Star Crazys" thread. TO, Richie, OJ, etc...

4 hours ago, JackKemp said:

How many of you think TO is more worthy than Andre Reed? I say no and Andre wasn’t first ballot. TO is just being TO. 

That's a bad case of homerism lol. TO is clearly the better WR and at least top 5 all time. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so the whiny little diva is taking is ball and going home because voters delayed his induction....there was this leaked image of his bust at least.....

image.png.ce474b317f7ff6a93d406d00193306a7.png

Hooray for TO, hooray at last, hooray for TO, he's a horses a$$!

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Hooray for TO, hooray at last, hooray for TO, he's a horses a$$!

...seeing nobody wants to hire him as a WR, maybe he runs in the Kentucky Derby next year........ENTRY: Whiny Beotch.......857 to 1 odds......

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Good for him. He was a clear first ballot kinda player and they insulted him. He shouldn’t gravel at their feet with appreciation now. 

...um ok.....Thurman Thomas shouldn't have been a 1st ballot guy?......Kramer, Monk and Andre Reed should have had to wait as long as they did?......ever wonder why they do not publish a list of "voters" or perhaps little keyboard cowards that punish guys by making them wait because they were not "warm 'n fuzzy media darlings"?...SMH.....

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

If an organization disrespects you, you disrespect them right back.

I'm sure most of you will side with the billionaires though. 

I'd side with billionaire than an Elite Troll. At least a billionaire in NFL did something useful.

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...um ok.....Thurman Thomas shouldn't have been a 1st ballot guy?......Kramer, Monk and Andre Reed should have had to wait as long as they did?......ever wonder why they do not publish a list of "voters" or perhaps little keyboard cowards that punish guys by making them wait because they were not "warm 'n fuzzy media darlings"?...SMH.....

I fully respect his talent and effort, but how many teams did he play for? There's a reason for that. No team was hell bent on keeping him.  He’s a flake. 

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Dude, I’m not gonna argue with you on that. I’m saying that the HoF says their vote is solely based on football. TO is literally one of the top receivers of all time. 

I know this is unfair, but I remember TO the most for the (playoff, I’m pretty sure) game with the 49’ers where he dropped everything thrown his way. He broke into tears when he finally caught the game winner. I was surprised they kept going to him. At least, that’s the way I remember it. 

If you have a problem with this, re-read the first five words. It is honestly what I remember him most for, followed by the SB. 

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Dude, I’m not gonna argue with you on that. I’m saying that the HoF says their vote is solely based on football. TO is literally one of the top receivers of all time. 

...you're a bit smarter than that to buy THAT company line......and I am certainly not diminishing TO's accomplishments between the stripes....his entry was delayed based on voting urinalists' personal hissy fits with his media access...if not, publish their names and votes..why the shroud of secrecy?........

4 hours ago, teef said:

i was lucky enough to be at the induction of ralph and bruce smith.  it was such a fun time, and i always thought what a wonderful weekend it would be for the inductees and their families.  I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want to be a part of that.

perhaps because he knows they(committee and board of directors) generally do not like him. as reflected in the opinionated voting.

Stats folks should love TO ! And he was an amazing player at many points in his career.

Don't care whether he goes or not.   He authored a very nice and respectful statement. He has his reasons. No Issue here.

Why the bile purging from some of you here ?

Almost sounds personal from some of you   ☺️

3 hours ago, JackKemp said:

I just don't like TO. 

I had a feeling.

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you're a bit smarter than that to buy THAT company line......and I am certainly not diminishing TO's accomplishments between the stripes....his entry was delayed based on voting urinalists' personal hissy fits with his media access...if not, publish their names and votes..why the shroud of secrecy?........

It also had to do with TO continually trying to come out of retirement and HE STILL IS.

I liked TO when he was a Bill but i f you are going to act up (i.e. Kaep) then you need to accept consequences.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Typically self-centered. Never wonder why it took this long to acknowledge a great player.

Agree. He is a douche. I know some people think the hall should just be a stats and titles fest but to me the personality matters. TO was a douche most of his career and he is still one now. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It also had to do with TO continually trying to come out of retirement and HE STILL IS.

I liked TO when he was a Bill but i f you are going to act up (i.e. Kaep) then you need to accept consequences.

“Act up”? Really man?

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. He is a douche. I know some people think the hall should just be a stats and titles fest but to me the personality matters. TO was a douche most of his career and he is still one now. 

More pettiness. Personality may matter to you, and you don’t have a hall of fame vote. Guess what? Those that do have votes have loudly, and repeatedly, said publicly that HOF consideration is performance based. 

You see now why TO may have a legitimate gripe with these liars? Because if the hall is for the best of the best ON THE FIELD, like they’ve told us, the players, everyone, then icing him for 2 years is pure BS. His football skills were generational and he is one of the very best WR of all time.

But yeah, since you don’t like him personally let those lying voters off the hook. That’s pretty douchey too gunner.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

You do realize all the football HOF trustees and officers are random CEOs, Goodell, and team owners. 

To think the voters are not influenced by the people that run the show is naive.

The media machine will use this as an opportunity to say "I told ya so" and those billionaires I referenced will laugh it up. 

"Elite"??  Not by a long shot...