Battle Royale: Why Fortnite Conquered NFL Locker Rooms

Here is something NFL players do that league does not worry about errant softballs and CTE just carpal tunnel syndrome.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935146/article/battle-royale-why-fortnite-conquered-nfl-locker-rooms

Jordan Poyer's offseason routine is best broken down into three pillars. Remove one and his whole day crumbles.

First, the third-year Bills safety gets a morning lift in. Next, he returns to his South Florida estate for some light afternoon fishing. Then, Poyer races to his man-cave--a framed jersey and game ball-adorned room of any sport fan's dreams--and boots up a video game that has taken professional football by storm.

"(Every day I) get a workout, come home, either go fishing or just come up here and play some Fortnite," Poyer explained in a video from the Bills. "Because I'm the best."

Third year? Only 2nd year with Bills and 6th year in NFL.

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Let’s hope so. It’s a strategic game, it’s fun, and harmless. Everything in moderation (except crack)

I am totally torn about something with fortnite..my son has actually started to make some money playing on twitch...but he leaves Monday till Mid August for his camp counsellor job.  So the real job, with no electronics for 2 1/2 months... or starting to get paid for playing video games?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am totally torn about something with fortnite..my son has actually started to make some money playing on twitch...but he leaves Monday till Mid August for his camp counsellor job.  So the real job, with no electronics for 2 1/2 months... or starting to get paid for playing video games?

Unless you are a world class twitcher he should go to work lol

i don’t see how making 5 dollar donations and subscriptions at a time can pay the bills

unless he was bringing in a few grand a month 

Edited by Buffalo716

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unless you are a world class twitcher he should go to work lol

i don’t see how making 5 dollar donations and subscriptions at a time can pay the bills

unless he was bringing in a few grand a month 

i was only kidding...kinda! He made about $50 bucks Friday night/ Saturday. afternoon....you know retirement money?

Got start somewhere on the road to $500K a month

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

No electronics ftw!

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i was only kidding...kinda! He made about $50 bucks Friday night/ Saturday. afternoon....you know retirement money?

Got start somewhere on the road to $500K a month

That’s not bad! I would definitely keep that up!

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I’ve been getting more involved in esports though work - the money some of the teams make it unreal.  Major tournaments have millions of dollars in prize money up for grabs.  There are millions of hours streamed on Twitch.  The teams are all owned by big media companies and sports teams. It’s surprisingly organized. 

It’s really pretty crazy.  I’m a causal gamer (and, old), so the whole phenomenon seems crazy to me.  Still, fun to learn about and be involved with...

:beer:

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

If hes good enough to stream, make money and gain followers. Let him ride the wave and take that chance. Some of the highest paid streamers make over 50 grand a month.

Its a lucrative market if he hits. Its also just as difficult as hitting the lottery.  A great lesson about life, careers, jobs and happiness could come from letting him take a dream job seriously and even the careers that seem the easiest still need nurturing, innovation, and growth to continue to flourish consistently, creativly, or financially.