Logan Thomas to miss rest of spring b/c knee surgery

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Reminds me of my torn ACL when the first ortho doc said, “no need for an MRI, we’ll just look around once we get in there to see if anything else needs work.”

Maybe he went to that guy, I didn’t 

....now THAT would be a REAL confidence builder....probably would tell you he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....Logan was probably scoped and scraped if he's only missing the Spring....really want to see this kid make an impact.....rumblin' down the seam at 252 lbs is intriguing....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Many times an ACL can be torn and not know it was that bad.

Asymptomatic ACL tears are common, and can show up during a "cleanup scope" for example.

It can be a very different experience for different people. When Tom Brady tore his and walked to the locker room, my son said “that is NOT the same injury I had!” 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....now THAT would be a REAL confidence builder....probably would tell you he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....Logan was probably scoped and scraped if he's only missing the Spring....really want to see this kid make an impact.....rumblin' down the seam at 252 lbs is intriguing....

As they say, just cleaning it out.....like it’s your garage or something. As they say “minor surgery” is surgery that happens to someone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Many times an ACL can be torn and not know it was that bad.

Asymptomatic ACL tears are common, and can show up during a "cleanup scope" for example.

...wouldn't the recovery time be substantially greater than "missing the Spring"?........

2 hours ago, muppy said:

I'm a long time diehard of the Bills that has lived in san diego since 1988 so clearly I don't know all the sports hosts/personalities of WNY...having said that Mr Thomas may not make the roster this season in any case we'll see how he does moving forward.

oh and I always believe EVERYTHING I read on the internet too….tck   ?.

If he's injured, they can't cut him.  Best they can do is waive/injured and then release him with an injury settlement if he clears waivers.  To my understanding, anyway.  Sounds as though he'll be back for training camp, though.

4 hours ago, dezertbill said:

With all the torn ACL's this spring around the league  I think we.ve been pretty lucky up to this point.

Where was it said it is a torn ACL?  Said it was minor procedure I thought.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wouldn't the recovery time be substantially greater than "missing the Spring"?........

LT already said it was a very minor surgery, he walked out of the place after surgery today, is already rehabbing and will be ready for TC. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

LT already said it was a very minor surgery, he walked out of the place after surgery today, is already rehabbing and will be ready for TC. 

...great news.....want to see this kid terrorize the seam at 6'6", 250+ lbs....better yet, McDaboll use the beast in the Wildcat as a former QB?.....OMG.........

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Oh I wasn't saying Logan had an ACL, one of the other guys was referring to his own ACL tear and the MD was like "we will just see what's in there when we get in the knee" 

and I was just explaining that many times there is an ACL tear that doesn't show up cleanly on the MRI so they go in exploratory and work on the fly while in there

34 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Oh I wasn't saying Logan had an ACL, one of the other guys was referring to his own ACL tear and the MD was like "we will just see what's in there when we get in the knee" 

and I was just explaining that many times there is an ACL tear that doesn't show up cleanly on the MRI so they go in exploratory and work on the fly while in there

Talked to a Dr. recently (off work hours) who jokingly said "don't let a little skin get in the way of a good diagnosis". This may have applied here.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Reminds me of my torn ACL when the first ortho doc said, “no need for an MRI, we’ll just look around once we get in there to see if anything else needs work.”

Maybe he went to that guy, I didn’t 

4 surgeons from 4 hospitals, including the team surgeon for the Mets, looked at my MRI and said I had a torn ACL.  A few minutes into surgery, I'm told "You don't have a torn ACL; it's a badly torn meniscus."  Alrighty then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You were awake? 

I couldn't feel anything below my waist, but I was in a blissfully sedated, fully conscious state.  I just lay (laid) there and listened to the playlist I'd prepared for the occasion.  All in all, it was a really good time.  I've been meaning to go back there again.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I champion every bills player

but frankly Logan has not shown enough to be missing time and expect to make the roster

i know he has been through a lot over the past year 

It it will be interesting.  Six TEs on the team, besides Clay and O'Leary how many make it and which from Thomas, Croom, Towbridge and Lee?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

I couldn't feel anything below my waist, but I was in a blissfully sedated, fully conscious state.  I just lay (laid) there and listened to the playlist I'd prepared for the occasion.  All in all, it was a really good time.  I've been meaning to go back there again.

Well you have another knee, so...