"Josh Allen is blowing people away" - Chris Simms

Estro

5 hours ago, JoeF said:

Allen Tweets were because of Ambien.....you heard it here first.

Difficult for me to get excited yet.  The issues with bad decision making and bad mechanics Josh appears to have are brought about by in-game pressure.  That is really the only true test.  We are going to have to all be patient.  There will be the occasional 3 interception half and a critical turnover that seals an opponents victory.  I am sure there is a cut Josh Allen thread or two in our future as a forum.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.  The great ones are measured by their performance in the fourth quarter and in critical situations.  TT regularly came up small in critical moments close and late.

My biggest early concern with Allen is the BILLS trot him out there behind a bad OLine and he takes tons of hits.  Nothing ruins a promising young QB faster than having his confidence shattered.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.  The great ones are measured by their performance in the fourth quarter and in critical situations.  TT regularly came up small in critical moments close and late.

My biggest early concern with Allen is the BILLS trot him out there behind a bad OLine and he takes tons of hits.  Nothing ruins a promising young QB faster than having his confidence shattered.

See David Carr...

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who are these guys and why are they getting this story and not anyone local? This is the first positive review of Allen I've heard.

I take it you still get your newspaper delivered in the afternoon??

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I thought Simms was big on Lamar Jackson before the draft.

The three podcasts I have seen he has always had Allen #1. I do kind of remember him having Jackson up there high at one point though.

8 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Dig deeper, they’re out there.  No, I won’t get links for you.  If that makes it nonexistent, so be it.  But he’s been impressive, some people just don’t want to hear it, or have selective hearing.  Not a comment on you, just sayin’. Of course running around in shorts doesn’t mean squat at this point.

No, I'm thrilled that people are seeing good results from Allen. All I'm asking is why aren't I hearing this elsewhere, especially from local reports. The only QB news I heard from OTAs was that Peterman was getting snaps with the 1's.

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, I'm thrilled that people are seeing good results from Allen. All I'm asking is why aren't I hearing this elsewhere, especially from local reports. The only QB news I heard from OTAs was that Peterman was getting snaps with the 1's.

It was reported before. Media folk who attended last week's OTA wrote glowing reports of Allen. That was the only open practice so far so those are the only direct reports we have. Tre White on NFL Network also had a lot of praise for Allen, saying his arm is as good as advertised and he'll be one of the best QBs in the league before long. There is another open practice in an hour so we'll have more eyewitness reports soon.

I try to remain dispassionate and expectation-free during the offseason.  

But the more I hear stuff like this, the more hopeful I get about Allen.   The people who know Allen best, and watch him the closest, seem to believe he has the potential to be something special.  And I find myself, against my better judgment, feeling more excited than I've been about a new Bills QB since Jim Kelly decided to sign.  

Then again, I confess that I started to feel some excitement for Trent Edwards when I learned Bill Walsh called Marv to tell him how lucky the Bills were to get him.  Even the smartest talent evaluators are sometimes wrong.  There's no certainty in the draft.  

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

I try to remain dispassionate and expectation-free during the offseason.  

But the more I hear stuff like this, the more hopeful I get about Allen.   The people who know Allen best, and watch him the closest, seem to believe he has the potential to be something special.  And I find myself, against my better judgment, feeling more excited than I've been about a new Bills QB since Jim Kelly decided to sign.  

Then again, I confess that I started to feel some excitement for Trent Edwards when I learned Bill Walsh called Marv to tell him how lucky the Bills were to get him.  Even the smartest talent evaluators are sometimes wrong.  There's no certainty in the draft.  

Edwards had more potential but the BILLS wrecked him by getting him hammered game after game.  He was never the same after he got his clock cleaned in Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It was reported before. Media folk who attended last week's OTA wrote glowing reports of Allen. That was the only open practice so far so those are the only direct reports we have. Tre White on NFL Network also had a lot of praise for Allen, saying his arm is as good as advertised and he'll be one of the best QBs in the league before long. There is another open practice in an hour so we'll have more eyewitness reports soon.

Somehow I missed then all.

48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's a great example.  Tim Couch is another.  NFL history is just littered with them.

And you can’t prove that a single one of them would have been good if only they sat for a year or two.  The league is also “littered” with successful QBs who started out of the gate.  So there.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I certainly am not actively rooting against allen, why would I? But this kid has more excuses and excuse makers on this board in a month than tyrod had during his whole tenure as a starter. Funny how that is.

some bitter sap posted a thread about how rosen was “lookin good” as if that means anything (much like this thread) and some stan just had to ape that guy’s headline word for word and sub in allen for rosen because they heard joe b say allen had a good day in shorts throwing against air as well. 

Would you show me one quote or excuse that Allen personally made? The answer is no you can't.  Simply because he hasn't done it. He has said his footwork is bad. He took blame for the tweets, where he could have tried to explain them away. He didn't explain them away, he took responsibility for them. He didn't say he was 15 years old when copied them off of a rap song or a TV show. I have never seen him blame his teammates or cuss them out . He has never blamed anyone else for his shortcoming in football. He got to play in the Senior Bowl as a junior because he had already graduated. The guy is practically a boy scout , but for some reason he has more than his share of haters.

At least get it correct, Allen has not made one excuse that I have ever heard or read that could even begin to be taken seriously. Does he have people like me sticking up for him with facts and opinion, hell yes. I just don't understand why so many supposed Bills fans have it out for him? All he has done his whole life is overcome doubt and naysayers. I predict you will be the next in line to be proven wrong.  Allen tends to do that to people who don't believe in him. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

? there's been some stuff, Sal C, etc.

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Somehow I missed then all.

If this helps I figure out what search engines I use and then type in the subject I want to read about. In this case type in Josh Allen and Buffalo Bills. Then whenever my search engine or sports site like Bleacher Report has an article come up, it shows on your preferred reading material. Others on here might have a better or easier way of doing it, but that is how I do it. I have seen a lot on Darnold, but not much on the rest of the quarterbacks drafted in the first round. Hope it works for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? there's been some stuff, Sal C, etc.

I always listen to Sal's reports on demand and he really hasn't said anything about any QB other than how people lost their minds on Twitter when it came out Peterman was getting snaps with the 1's. That's why this caught me off guard.

I guess Matthew Fairburn and his website follow this site.  An article about this very post popped up on their website about an hour ago.

This title: "Josh Allen is blowing people away" - Chris Simms

NewYorkUpstates title: Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen is blowing people away, says Chris Simms"

Edited by Estro