Should Tomi Lahren be attacked

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

She espouses Conservative Fascist ideas, 

so yes, you are allowed to attack her because you are on the side of good.

Jumped in to fix it for you before Gator sees the post.... 

All Conservatives are Fascist unless that is, you the REAL Fascists the Democrat Party has become. Anyone that wants to censor free speech is Fascist, so let's just be honest and start labeling them for what they are.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Some people may disagree with her.

Does that make her a viable target for assault?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2018/05/29/tomi-lahren-conservative-trump-supporter-free-speech-tolerance-fox-news-column/649783002/

No, assault is never OK.  Had other patrons booed her out of the restaurant, that's OK.

2 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

No, assault is never OK.  Had other patrons booed her out of the restaurant, that's OK.

You think that's okay? Something that mature people in a supposedly diverse society can resort to as an acceptable option when faced with someone who represents a different value set than your own?

Do you mean it would be okay if other patrons simply sat at their tables and voiced a general "boo" that she was allowed in and served the same as they were? Or do you mean more of a metaphorical "boo", like getting up from their seats and jeering her until her and her parents fled the property?

Of course, simply saying "boo" in a public setting is completely innocuous on it's own, right? I'll tell you what, Andrew - I disagree with you. I choose to express my disagreement by waiting until I see you and some of your family out for a pleasant evening of dinner and drinks.  My friends and I won't throw anything at you or anything else that might be construed as "never OK". We'll just gather around you and yours and boo until you get up and leave.

Perfectly okay, right?

Edited by Azalin

8 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You think that's okay? Something that mature people in a supposedly diverse society can resort to as an acceptable option when faced with someone who represents a different value set than your own?

Do you mean it would be okay if other patrons simply sat at their tables and voiced a general "boo" that she was allowed in and served the same as they were? Or do you mean more of a metaphorical "boo", like getting up from their seats and jeering her until her and her parents fled the property?

Of course, simply saying "boo" in a public setting is completely innocuous on it's own, right? I'll tell you what, Andrew - I disagree with you. I choose to express my disagreement by waiting until I see you and some of your family out for a pleasant evening of dinner and drinks.  My friends and I won't throw anything at you or anything else that might be construed as "never OK". We'll just gather around you and yours and boo until you get up and leave.

Perfectly okay, right?

yeah sure its fine w me 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would you consider it "ok" to disrupt, harass and bully a customer at a restaurant? 

because it's not against the law.  you like to have polarizing opinions and make money doing so?  be prepared for people to voice their disagreement with you when you're out and about.  comes with the territory.

49 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

because it's not against the law.  you like to have polarizing opinions and make money doing so?  be prepared for people to voice their disagreement with you when you're out and about.  comes with the territory.

I would shrug off verbal insults if I was making what she's making, but any kind of physical threat or attack I'd report to the police even if it is just water being thrown at you.  You're less likely to be the victim of similar attacks in the future.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Tomi Lahren really isn't that toxic of a conservative.... I'm surprised and disappointed that this was done to her.

If she were Lana Lotkeff,  Lauren Southern, or Faith Goldy, I wouldn't be surprised one bit... Lana is by far the worst... I'll never link to any of her material, but

she's part of a growing trend of smokin' hot Nazi Jezebels... 

Edited by #34fan

3 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

Oh really? So I can verbally harass BLM people? Good to know. Oh wait, no I can’t. I’m white.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know who she is (though I get the context from the article), but her political views have no relationship to the basic human kindness she deserves. I am sometimes in the presence of people whose views (racist) are abhorrent. But they are people, with opinions formed through time, upbringing, and/or trauma. Flaming their anger through attack can never sway them.

Compassion, however hard it is to grant...may. 

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

Tomi Lahren really isn't that toxic of a conservative.... I'm surprised and disappointed that this was done to her.

If she were Lana Lotkeff,  Lauren Southern, or Faith Goldy, I wouldn't be surprised one bit... Lana is by far the worst... I'll never link to any of her material, but

she's part of a growing trend of smokin' hot Nazi Jezebels... 

You're an ass.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Oh really? So I can verbally harass BLM people? Good to know. Oh wait, no I can’t. I’m white.

That's different. They're the good guys.

7 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

Got it, have "polarizing opinions", make money, subject yourself to all sorts of stupidity. 

On on the other hand, have polarizing opinions, verbally and physically harass people for some perverse  "hey everyone look how tough I am" moment and no money at all...very cool and understandable because you can't get arrested for it. 

Idiotic. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don’t know who she is (though I get the context from the article), but her political views have no relationship to the basic human kindness she deserves. I am sometimes in the presence of people whose views (racist) are abhorrent. But they are people, with opinions formed through time, upbringing, and/or trauma. Flaming their anger through attack can never sway them.

Compassion, however hard it is to grant...may. 

Unless those group sessions are court ordered you can just up and leave if you are uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Got it, have "polarizing opinions", make money, subject yourself to all sorts of stupidity. 

On on the other hand, have polarizing opinions, verbally and physically harass people for some perverse  "hey everyone look how tough I am" moment and no money at all...very cool and understandable because you can't get arrested for it. 

Idiotic. 

I didn't say that.  Take the money thing out of it -- you have a forum such as youtube or something where you spout polarizing opinions, people are going to react when they see you.  It comes with the territory.  You can't expect to become famous for making opinions that some strongly disagree with and then not face some reaction when you're seen in person.

Why say idiotic?  Why does this forum always immediately result in knee-jerk name calling and escalation to BLM or Obama or whatever?   

Just now, joesixpack said:

Perhaps, then, you can clarify what this means:

I didn't say that you can't yell at the BLM folk.  You said that.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Because a good many of us understand that the speech of certain groups is protected and valued above that of others.

Yeah, i get that there's a double standard.  But my point was that often times words get put in people's mouth on this board just to escalate stuff and throw it completely off topic.  Or the name calling and flame war begins and any actual discussion is lost. 

1 minute ago, Andrew in CA said:

Yeah, i get that there's a double standard.  But my point was that often times words get put in people's mouth on this board just to escalate stuff and throw it completely off topic.  Or the name calling and flame war begins and any actual discussion is lost. 

That's a legitimate point...sometimes.

Other times (virtually any thread by Tiberius, LA Grant or now even #34) it's completely warranted and based on past history.

That's a legitimate point...sometimes.

Other times (virtually any thread by Tiberius, LA Grant or now even #34) it's completely warranted and based on past history.

I hear you and agree -- i've lurked these boards for a long time (joined in '06) and people like that, or Conner, or whoever preceded Conner, would come on here just to get a rise out of the majority conservative faction of the board and start dumb ****.  But there are people like me who dip their toe in time to time with no agenda, just a bit of sporadic free time, and may have a different opinion, without the agenda.  

5 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

I hear you and agree -- i've lurked these boards for a long time (joined in '06) and people like that, or Conner, or whoever preceded Conner, would come on here just to get a rise out of the majority conservative faction of the board and start dumb ****.  But there are people like me who dip their toe in time to time with no agenda, just a bit of sporadic free time, and may have a different opinion, without the agenda.  

Well you seem like a mostly harmless guy. Stick around :P

• Like (+1) 1

Well you seem like a mostly harmless guy. Stick around :P

Thanks Joe wish i could stay longer -- just have some down time this week when I'd usually be working recovering from minor surgery -- back to the real world next week where I can only lurk for a few minutes here or there. 

13 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

Thanks Joe wish i could stay longer -- just have some down time this week when I'd usually be working recovering from minor surgery -- back to the real world next week where I can only lurk for a few minutes here or there. 

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope to see more of you.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope to see more of you.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks Tasker, I will be fine. I will try to post more often

8 hours ago, westside said:

You're an ass.

The right is recruiting pretty mouths for their terrible agendas to come out of. They'e focused, well supported, and dead serious about what they want.

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

The right is recruiting pretty mouths for their terrible agendas to come out of. They'e focused, well supported, and dead serious about what they want.

Do you think old wrinkle bags like Pelosi, hillary and the cast of the view are any less serious about spreading their terrible agendas?

Stop being such a partisan hack and see the devil for what it is. On both sides. 

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Terrible agendas like maintaining the intellectual and moral culture which brought us the Enlightenment, incentivizing the nuclear family, promoting prosperity through economic growth, rejecting post-modernism as the destructive and regressive neo-Marxist agenda that it is, establishing global reforms which have a real chance to bring about a real and lasting peace through the denuclearization of North Korea, the overthrow of the Mulahs, and the reforming of the Saudi government, and working to reform the US intelligence apparatus restoring the protection of the individuals right to privacy and their Fourth Amendment protections, standing staunch in their insistence on safeguarding Constitutional protections guaranteed by the First and Second Amendment?

Which of these do you find abhorrent?

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Gotta love her, "I'm not crying or anything, but, cry cry cry..." Blah blah. We have citizens being detained by Sherif Arpio for being Hispanic American citizens and then pardoned by the President, black people being shot for being black, women having their P****** being grabbed by a future president so she does not deserve a shower but whatever. I hope she is ok

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Terrible agendas like maintaining the intellectual and moral culture which brought us the Enlightenment, incentivizing the nuclear family, promoting prosperity through economic growth, rejecting post-modernism as the destructive and regressive neo-Marxist agenda that it is, establishing global reforms which have a real chance to bring about a real and lasting peace through the denuclearization of North Korea, the overthrow of the Mulahs, and the reforming of the Saudi government, and working to reform the US intelligence apparatus restoring the protection of the individuals right to privacy and their Fourth Amendment protections, standing staunch in their insistence on safeguarding Constitutional protections guaranteed by the First and Second Amendment?

Which of these do you find abhorrent?

TYTT from the top turnbuckle!

34 DOWN!

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Gotta love her, "I'm not crying or anything, but, cry cry cry..." Blah blah. We have citizens being detained by Sherif Arpio for being Hispanic American citizens and then pardoned by the President, black people being shot for being black, women having their P****** being grabbed by a future president so she does not deserve a shower but whatever. I hope she is ok

Mostly black people shooting black people.

Yet there is absolutely no outcry for that. Blacks are allowed to kill each other, but God forbid a cop (of ANY color) shoots a black man that may be justified. Oh the hypocrisy.

Edited by njbuff

8 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

I didn't say that.  Take the money thing out of it -- you have a forum such as youtube or something where you spout polarizing opinions, people are going to react when they see you.  It comes with the territory.  You can't expect to become famous for making opinions that some strongly disagree with and then not face some reaction when you're seen in person.

Why say idiotic?  Why does this forum always immediately result in knee-jerk name calling and escalation to BLM or Obama or whatever?   

I didn't say that you can't yell at the BLM folk.  You said that.

Of course I can expect it, and there are many different ways to disagree with people, rudely if that's the plan, that don't involve harassing people in a restaraunt. Off the top of my head, write a letter, organize a boycott, protest at the studio, interrupt a speech.  

I added "idiotic" to see what your response would be. It was my version of a "restaurant boo", but not in public, not with any of your friends or family around wondering who the psycho is (or may be)at the table booing their son/daughter/best friend because of what they do for a living. I didn't call you an idiot, but I disagreed strongly enough with what I perceived to be an extremist/outlier opinion about how people should treat other people to wonder how you might reply.  Why would that bother you? 

I appreciate the the tone of your response,  by the way,  quite civil and reasonable to wonder why I wrote what I wrote. I think if that standard is applied in public, everyone wins.  

i guess I wonder....if you think it's acceptable to harass famous people, toss water, be aggressive with them....what would your thought be if TLs bodyguard sensed a threat and dispatched the attacker? Let's agree boos don't reach the level of violence here, but let's assume boos lead to words lead to a person stepping toward TL with an object in their hand and the bodyguard neutralizes the threat. Let's the assume the aggressive party has a dislocated elbow, and soft tissue strain.  Fair result?  I'm thinking you would see that as coming with the territory for the harasser, so no harm no foul. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Of course I can expect it, and there are many different ways to disagree with people, rudely if that's the plan, that don't involve harassing people in a restaraunt. Off the top of my head, write a letter, organize a boycott, protest at the studio, interrupt a speech.  

I added "idiotic" to see what your response would be. It was my version of a "restaurant boo", but not in public, not with any of your friends or family around wondering who the psycho is (or may be)at the table booing their son/daughter/best friend because of what they do for a living. I didn't call you an idiot, but I disagreed strongly enough with what I perceived to be an extremist/outlier opinion about how people should treat other people to wonder how you might reply.  Why would that bother you? 

I appreciate the the tone of your response,  by the way,  quite civil and reasonable to wonder why I wrote what I wrote. I think if that standard is applied in public, everyone wins.  I think when things get off the rails because some jackass acts the fool, things can escalate quickly. 

i guess I wonder....if you think it's acceptable to harass famous people, toss water, be aggressive with them....what would your thought be if TLs bodyguard sensed a threat and dispatched the attacker? Let's agree boos don't reach the level of violence here, but let's assume boos lead to words lead to a person stepping toward TL with an object in their hand and the bodyguard neutralizes the threat. Let's the assume the aggressive party has a dislocated elbow, and soft tissue strain.  Fair result?  I'm thinking you would see that as coming with the territory for the harasser, so no harm no foul. 

Sorry, i thought you were calling me an idiot.  I went off on a bit of a tangent as you saw with my dialogue with JSP that i feel people resort to name-calling really quickly and that just gets everyone's guard up and derails any convo.  Now, i did what i preached against and put words in your mouth so I'm sorry for that.

In the hypothetical you pose yes, if someone is approaching TL with an object in his/her hand and is acting aggressively, then they are asking for a response from the bodyguard.  

Maybe i'm taking it to an extreme, but i think people have to face the consequences of their words, and those consequences aren't always going to be friendly.  They can be hostile or rude.  But i draw the line at assault (putting someone in fear of physical contact) and battery (actual physical contact), both because it's illegal and i think morally wrong -- respond to words with words (or boos, jeers, etc.), but don't touch someone or attempt to do so.

And as JSP brought up i think it goes both ways.  BLM protesters say and do a lot of provocative, controversial things.  If they are out in public, people who disagree with them should be free to do so, and the BLM people should expect blowback/backlash.  I think there is a tendency on the left to think you can say what you want, and because it's "speaking truth to power" or whatever, they think no one can respond to them.  In other words, they think they can speak, and no one else can respond.  I disagree with that.  

I guess when it comes down to it, my point is that when you take a stand, when you make yourself an object of attention (whether you make money off of it or not), people will react, both positively and negatively.  I don't think you get a shield of armor or get to cry foul if people react to you with boos, silence, what have you, out in public. 

And I'm not saying that you were saying that (about Tomi/anyone else getting a shield of armor), I'm just circling back to my original post -- which, had i known would get a  reaction, i would have elaborated on more fully.  But i didn't, so now I am facing the some backlash of my clearly unpopular opinion, and that's OK,  i get it, if you post, you get a response, and it's not always going to be one that agrees with you.   

Edited by Andrew in CA

2 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

Sorry, i thought you were calling me an idiot. 

Of course he's not.  If anyone's going to call you an idiot down here, it's me.

And for not knowing that, you're an idiot.

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

When do the actions of one person permit violent actions to a different person?

Oh yeah, you don't see people as individuals. Lefties see blocks of people, and marginalize their value and complexities as individuals.

Race baiting and identify politics don't work so well when the complexities of individuals are permitted.

Edited by RocCityRoller