77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

In a game of inches and individual plays that can win or lose games, a small difference can be all the difference you need.

Absolutely, so getting your starter all the 1st team reps they can throughout camp becomes extremely important.

Thy should have named a starter weeks ago.

4 hours ago, MDH said:

Absolutely, so getting your starter all the 1st team reps they can throughout camp becomes extremely important.

Thy should have named a starter weeks ago.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Right now there are few teams who fear the Buffalo Bills 

secrecy won’t change that

Obviously you'd prefer your starting QB named early and you want him to get all the reps.

We didn't have that luxury.

Now that we're a week out, I'm sure McDermott has his guy chosen. I'm going to be curious if he can get his players to keep completely quiet all week about who's getting all the reps this week.

Guys... seriously...?

This just feels obvious.

It's always been Allen.

It's why I've been calling it since OTAs.

Crucify me if I'm wrong. I'm not like some on this board who just run away when they're wrong.

But Allen starting has been pretty close to inevitable since we traded up to get him and didn't try to get a proven, viable alternative in front of him.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Guys... seriously...?

This just feels obvious.

It's always been Allen.

Crucify me if I'm wrong. I'm not like some on this board who just run away when they're wrong.

But Allen starting has been pretty close to inevitable since we traded up to get him and didn't try to get a proven, viable alternative in front of him.

Oh look, you’re wrong again ?

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/22/2018 at 3:40 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

I'll be fine if McCarron wins it.

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

I think Allen has like a 57% chance.

McCarron has maybe a 38% chance.

Peterman has a 5% chance, if that.

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

#17 under center on Sunday, September 9th in Baltimore...

what say you?

EDIT

For the collective poll from the Summer ending September 1st:

479 votes cast.

149 were for Allen

218 were for McCarron 

112 were for Peterman

45.51% of the people who voted saw the guy they thought would start week 1 traded away.

Barely 20% of the people who voted thought Peterman would start.

Awesome how you grabbed the stats from before McCarron was traded.  I voted Allen, but I'm not surprised that Peterman got the nod.  Fun poll, man.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Guys... seriously...?

This just feels obvious.

It's always been Allen.

how many failed predictions does this make now?

fail thread much, yes.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

If this were part of the thought process, McCarron would still be on the team and Allen would be the 3rd string QB.

McDermott and Beane are clearly comfortable playing Allen this year, sooner or later.

They're comfortable, but they're in no rush. They can be patient with his development, rather than throw him to the wolves.

This is the natural progression of QBs. If Josh Allen had started and struggled, everyone would be calling for Peterman.

Instead, let Peterman run his course and when he needs to be replaced, no one will question it. It'll be the Allen era and there'll be no looking back.

• Like (+1) 1