Am I the only one who has confidence in our WR's?

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Did he make Hogan a star? What about Chandler? Hogan was pretty similar and Chandler took a big step back. Guys are who they are!!

I love the optimism but just don’t see the offense being very good. You casually throw out “toss the deep ball once in a while.” Who is the target? Who is the defense concerned about getting over the top? Are they keeping safeties away from the LOS because of the threat of Rod Streater?

Every defensive coordinator will focus on Shady 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc... Shady is great. He is running behind a worse OL and has no one to take the pressure off of him in the pass game. He is the only “difference maker.” Hopefully Daboll is a big step up from Rico. I expect that to be the case.

If Allen develops none of this will matter. There aren’t a ton of guys on that offense that are core pieces moving forward. I’d say that Dawkins and Allen are. It’s possible that Zay and maybe another young OL develop. In general though we are going to see turnover on offense like we have on defense over the last few seasons. This was a long-term plan.

i was only gonna quote the first line because i think i heard something about hogan being very instrumental in some kind of superbowl run for the patriots, after fans like you said he wasn't worth the roster spot or a few hundred grand.

as far as the majority of the rest of your post....it's like, man, i cannot understand the callers to wgr or posters preaching that the offensive apocolypse  is coming. it's like i'm seeing all you guys on the 25th floor with a hole in your soul from losing an average center, a left guard , while being great for us, apparently could have played his last year if for not losing too many brain cells and deciding to retire...RETIRE.

and lastly that hole of not having the safety net of tyrod to carry this team, that is apparently devoid of talent, to another playoff run. it seems that it just may be more than some here can bear.

well , all i have to say to those who refuse to come off the ledge is......jump...at least before the opener.?

Edited by billsredneck1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is my concern.  And he lacks the mental makeup to overcome his limited talent - he's a soft clown.  He's got some Maybin to him.

Wow. You already know this after one season?

I see the armchair scouts are out in full force for Mr Jones. 

I agree that he'll never be more than a 3rd option a best. But a "soft clown"? I'd like to see YOU play a full season with a torn labrum!

Sheesh!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i was only gonna quote the first line because i think i heard something about hogan being very instrumental in some kind of superbowl run for the patriots, after fans like you said he wasn't worth the roster spot or a few hundred grand.

as far as the majority of the rest of your post....it's like, man, i cannot understand the callers to wgr or posters preaching that the offensive apocolypse  is coming. it's like i'm seeing all you guys on the 25th floor with a hole in your soul from losing an average center, a left guard , while being great for us, apparently could have played his last year if for not losing too many brain cells and deciding to retire...RETIRE.

and lastly that hole of not having the safety net of tyrod to carry this team, that is apparently devoid of talent, to another playoff run. it seems that it just may be more than some here can bear.

well , all i have to say to those who refuse to come off the ledge is......jump...at least before the opener.?

So now I’m the guy on the ledge? Sometimes people accuse me of drinking the Kool-Aid. I’m a realist. Hogan is a JAG. He was a JAG here and is a JAG with Tom Brady. He’d be a massive upgrade to this current group.

Which OL do you think is better?

Dawkins - Incognito - Wood - Miller - Glenn

or

Dawkins - Groy - Bodine - Ducasse - Mills

Am I a ledge jumper because I believe that the 1st group is better?

Lastly, we likely take a step back at QB. That was necessary to move forward. I have no objections to that. As I said, “if Allen can play the rest of it is irrelevant.” These guys aren’t a part of the future for the most part. Allen and Dawkins are the only 2 that are definitely core pieces moving forward. The defense has turned over and now the offense will. I guess that I don’t really care that Andre Holmes sucks. He’s a placeholder too. I just don’t have delusions that guys that have been bad will now be good. Guys are what they are.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

No man.

You are negative. You can't trash the Bills and be honest about player evaluation without being considered negative. 

I think the real question is when do ever have something to say that is positive.

If all you ever are is a negative nancy on the board dont be suprise when you get labeled.

And it is not all bad....we did in fact go to the playoffs last season!

The team does not suck

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Struggles to separate, Limited burst, thin frame, struggles to get a clean release. All from Lance Zierlein on his scouting report prior to the draft.

Lance slammed him saying if he didn’t improve speed wise he won’t be much more than WR depth.

Add small hands to the mix and a guy that runs like he is swimming on dry land. I have seen higher ceilings in The Shire.

To be fair, Zierlein had a lot of positives to say about Zay.

But I found this.  Explains a lot I think!

"I thought along with Haason Reddick, he handled the process better than anybody in college football. He's got hands and toughness. ... People thought he couldn't run because most of his offense was underneath. I'll tell you right now, he ran away from people at the Senior Bowl. He went from a third- or fourth-round selection to a high second-round because he trusted the process." -- Mike Mayock

Well then

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be fair, Zierlein had a lot of positives to say about Zay.

But I found this.  Explains a lot I think!

"I thought along with Haason Reddick, he handled the process better than anybody in college football. He's got hands and toughness. ... People thought he couldn't run because most of his offense was underneath. I'll tell you right now, he ran away from people at the Senior Bowl. He went from a third- or fourth-round selection to a high second-round because he trusted the process." -- Mike Mayock

Well then

You just highlighted the mistake. He was a late riser because of his showing in the Senior Bowl. I was one of the fools that watched the game and fell for it. I didn’t like the trade up, but I wasn’t screaming about it.

If you ignore the senior bowl and look at his measurables and production at ECU it paints the picture we saw last year. He isn’t exceptional at any one thing. Unless he fine tunes his game I don’t see him sticking in any one place. 

I have my fingers crossed like the rest of Bills nation but I’m keeping the expectations low. 

On 5/17/2018 at 8:44 AM, QBorBust2018 said:

Worst WR corps in the league. This is the most homer thread of all time. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid 

Yep!

We're Homers,it's what we do!

Now give me a season, with a QB who thinks that Wide Receivers are a integral part of the offense and we'll be good to go! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Didn't have time to read the whole thread, is the OP still the only one with confidence in the wrs? 

Nope there a few other homer, kool aid drinkers, glass is half full, the sky isn't falling fans out there.

My thread doesn't say their the best .. not top half .. but I don't think are bottom 3 ala Scott Law .. I'm looking forward to a new QB and seeing what that allows these guys to produce.

20 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Nope there a few other homer, kool aid drinkers, glass is half full, the sky isn't falling fans out there.

My thread doesn't say their the best .. not top half .. but I don't think are bottom 3 ala Scott Law .. I'm looking forward to a new QB and seeing what that allows these guys to produce.

So you have them between 17 -21? Which 11 NFL teams have worse WR groups? 

• Like (+1) 1

Kirby .. holy linguistics and mathematics ... it was merely a countdown in my prior comment indicating I never said they were best .. to not top half .... to not bottom 3 to counter Scott Law's assertion .. now you've twisted that to say I've indicated they are ranked just past  top half ala 17-21 ... did you also do the crowd count at the Trump Inauguration??

Bottom line, do you think Scott Law is correct .. are they bottom 3?  That was the true point of my comment.

11 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Kirby .. holy linguistics and mathematics ... it was merely a countdown in my prior comment indicating I never said they were best .. to not top half .... to not bottom 3 to counter Scott Law's assertion .. now you've twisted that to say I've indicated they are ranked just past  top half ala 17-21 ... did you also do the crowd count at the Trump Inauguration??

Bottom line, do you think Scott Law is correct .. are they bottom 3?  That was the true point of my comment.

Bottom third would have them below 21. You said they aren’t bottom third which would have them 21 or higher. You said they weren’t top half so they’d be below 16. Not top half and not bottom 3rd would have them between 17-22. I was being generous by asking for the minimum number of teams worse off, 11, to meet your requirements. If you don’t believe they are bottom 3rd, which you said again, there are 11 teams worse. I’m asking you who those 11 teams are?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You could use some objectivity yourself. AS OF RIGHT NOW, the Bills are probably a bottom 3 group at the WR position. What is false about that statement? What is so negative about that take? BASED ON THE WR TALENT on the roster, it's a bad unit from what we've seen at out of these guys so far.

Why do people get their panties in a bunch over FACTS?

Jones was AWFUL last year. Yea he was a rookie and a 2nd round pick(which is why he will make the team) with potential and needs to step up big time for the Bills to have even an average group of WR's. 

Its possible one of the late round picks or UDFA WRs could emerge as a good WR, but what are the chances of that based on the history of the league?

38 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bottom third would have them below 21. You said they aren’t bottom third which would have them 21 or higher. You said they weren’t top half so they’d be below 16. Not top half and not bottom 3rd would have them between 17-22. I was being generous by asking for the minimum number of teams worse off 11 to meet your requirements. If you don’t believe they are bottom 3rd, which you said again, there are 11 teams worse. I’m asking you who those 11 teams are?

OK .. Kirby .. will try to make it easy for you .. read from top to bottom the posts  .. how did "bottom 3" from Scott Law turn into 21?

Three is a whole number ... 1/3 is a fraction .. where did you see the fraction in my comments?

3 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

OK .. Kirby .. will try to make it easy for you .. read from top to bottom the posts  .. how did "bottom 3" from Scott Law turn into 21?

Three is a whole number ... 1/3 is a fraction .. where did you see the fraction in my comments?

Whoops, I read it wrong (about 60 times). Sorry about that!!  I still think it’s tough to argue that they aren’t bottom 3 but that’s much more reasonable. 

Look for yourself

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/

San Fran - Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor (Jimmy G the QB)

Jags - Marquis Lee,  Donte Moncrief, ?? (not a huge Bortles fan)

Washington - Doctson, Crowder, Richardson (Capt Kirk was throwing last year)

Indy - Name a WR beyond Hilton  (Who is awesome) .. no real QB with Luck injured last year

Jets - Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse ... woof at QB

Carolina - Funchess, Smith, Samuel .. granted drafted Moore .. but Cam as QB (not a great passer really)

Tenn - Matthews, Davis (who was as big a bust last year as Zay), Taylor?? (Mariotta as QB)

In my humble opinion ... just saying at best our crew is a coin flip vs. these crews .. thanks for reading for the 61st time and coming back down to bottom 3 :)

• Like (+1) 1