Am I the only one who has confidence in our WR's?

Got to say .. getting tired of all the WR negativity ... who doesn't think the QB last year had any influence on this.  We had a ton of WR injuries last year, I have confidence in Benjamin in a contract year and think Zay Jones will show up this year and Kerley in the slot and Ray Ray and flyer of Foster UDFA from Alabama (not to mention Holmes & Streater - healthy)... I'll take that along with passers this year that can look beyond the first progression (hopefully) throw to windows with anticipation and actually make throws beyond 10 yards in greater frequency.  3 Years of declining QBR and yards per attempt doesn't help your WR's look good.

The bills top receivers were Clay and McCoy (dump off receptions) ... their targets ranked 73rd and 75th in the league .. really

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingTargets/qualified/false/count/41

The Bills had 20 dropped passes last year .. 5 by Clay / 4 by McCoy .. so all the comments on stone hands Zay (and trust me I was disappointed in her performance last year) but there are plenty of videos out there of wide open.  Personally, I'm more concerned about OL .. but majority of what I see is blah blah blah on our WR's.

In looking at some rosters .. I'll take our guys versus what some teams have for sure in 2018.

• Like (+1) 2

I have confidence that our receivers will rank somewhere near the bottom third of the league in production. I think Zay steps up his performance from last year and I think Benjamin will have value in the red zone, but after that I don't have a lot of confidence. I do, however, think we will improve on last years dreadful production.

Benjamin 6'5  ,   Andre Holmes  6'4   ,  Logan Thomas  6'6   I like their size for short and intermediate passes and red zone. I'm more concerned how the OL will do.

• Like (+1) 7

As the roster stands now, yes, you may be the only one who has confidence in this receiving corp.

But, the Bills will have a chance to add another receiver or 2 that will be cut from other teams.  Some of the most likely cuts at WR:

Brandon LaFell

Justin Hunter

Demaryius Thomas

Travis Benjamin

Kenny Britt

Michael Crabtree

Edited by ricojes

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Zay Jones was hot garbage last season. You can still like the kid and say that in my opinion. No need to make excuses for him. 

I'll try

“Here’s a guy that’s going into surgery on Tuesday to get his shoulder repaired and people hardly knew that he played the entire season with, you know, a torn labrum,” Robert Jones told the Bills Wire podcast.

“So how would you like sitting around and you’re going to grab a glass of water and your arm falls out of its socket?” By Matt Warren  Jan 16, 2018, 8:00am EST

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/16/16895930/buffalo-bills-rookie-receiver-zay-jones-shoulder-injury-2017

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ALF said:

I'll try

“Here’s a guy that’s going into surgery on Tuesday to get his shoulder repaired and people hardly knew that he played the entire season with, you know, a torn labrum,” Robert Jones told the Bills Wire podcast.

“So how would you like sitting around and you’re going to grab a glass of water and your arm falls out of its socket?” By Matt Warren  Jan 16, 2018, 8:00am EST

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/16/16895930/buffalo-bills-rookie-receiver-zay-jones-shoulder-injury-2017

possible reoccurring injury?  

I carry major reservations about the WR group but not because I think they lack talent, per se. I'm a big believer in 'types', especially at WR. I prefer certain attributes for certain roles. When I look at the Bills, I just see guys that are likely going to be one place higher in the pecking order than I think suits them.

The lack of a true #1 WR is the difference between a solid group and a mediocre one in my eyes. There's no transformative talent among them; all have niche roles in an NFL offense but nobody owns such a versatile skill set that he's able to unquestionably carry the burden of the lion's share of the targets.

It's a matter of perspective.

• Like (+1) 7