Crazy Things You've Seen

Gugny

35 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I once saw a guy turn a simple yes/no answer into a 5 page dissertation on the ecological damage caused by ecologists.

On the flip side, I've seen students answer essay questions with one incomplete sentence.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you realize you've written two pages in the "Crazy things you've seen" thread about a fish caught in a fish screen?

I gotta party with you Lee Harvey.

What's next?  An entry about a housefly buzzing around a light bulb?

Yep! :lol:

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wouldn't a moth be more likely than a housefly to buzz around a light bulb?

@ExiledInIllinois - Please expound upon, thank you.

Out of my pay grade.  :D

In our college (and probably everywhere else), the evaluations students give for their professors consist of a grade and an optional written comment. Until a few years ago, the written comments on the paper questionnaires were entered into the computer by departmental staff. For a few years, I was in charge of this process. The crazy thing: A student left his/her phone number in the comments for the professor, with some encouragement to contact him/her. Of course, this comment was not forwarded to the professor. Now the evaluation of written comments occurs via computer, by "cloud". I wonder if they would catch this issue. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In San Fran I once saw a computer geek looking guy who had a muscular bald guy on a leash.  The muscular guy was wearing the same suit as the gimp from Pulp Fiction minus the mask but had a bull ring in his nose.  This was a Tuesday in September.

Thats just San Francisco ?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In San Fran I once saw a computer geek looking guy who had a muscular bald guy on a leash.  The muscular guy was wearing the same suit as the gimp from Pulp Fiction minus the mask but had a bull ring in his nose.  This was a Tuesday in September.

OP said something "crazy."

Come on, stay on topic! :P

I have a small painting business in Rochester. We occasionally have to do a favor for a property management company and paint a house right in the heart of the ghetto. It isn't alot of fun as you have to constantly be aware of what's going on around you but it is highly entertaining. I have witnessed all sorts of crazy stuff over the years. 

One time we were painting in a really rough neighborhood. It was an absurdly hot day and nobody was out walking around. We were sitting on the front porch of this empty house, taking a break, and eating lunch. One of my guys sees an animal strolling up the street about a block away. It is bigger than a dog and hard to identify. The animal continues in our direction and eventually makes it into our driveway. It was a miniature pony, like you would see at the state fair or something! 

It had no identification. It came right up to the porch steps and looked for attention. We gave it water and it stood there for awhile. I called animal control and they came out but it had continued down the road already. They had no idea where it came from and I don't know the final results.

A co-worker and I were the first to arrive at our boss's beach house for a party and when we got there he was dead.

We pretended like he was still alive and partied all weekend and no one ever noticed he was dead.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve seen two people in a retirement home get into a fist  fight. Except they were both in wheelchairs so all they were doing was swinging their arms in the air in front of the other person. No blows we’re landing. 

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This must have been when @Chef Jim shaved his head.

Was it Li'l Sebastian?

14 hours ago, Needle said:

I have a small painting business in Rochester. We occasionally have to do a favor for a property management company and paint a house right in the heart of the ghetto. It isn't alot of fun as you have to constantly be aware of what's going on around you but it is highly entertaining. I have witnessed all sorts of crazy stuff over the years. 

One time we were painting in a really rough neighborhood. It was an absurdly hot day and nobody was out walking around. We were sitting on the front porch of this empty house, taking a break, and eating lunch. One of my guys sees an animal strolling up the street about a block away. It is bigger than a dog and hard to identify. The animal continues in our direction and eventually makes it into our driveway. It was a miniature pony, like you would see at the state fair or something! 

It had no identification. It came right up to the porch steps and looked for attention. We gave it water and it stood there for awhile. I called animal control and they came out but it had continued down the road already. They had no idea where it came from and I don't know the final results.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:48 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Do you realize you've written two pages in the "Crazy things you've seen" thread about a fish caught in a fish screen?

I gotta party with you Lee Harvey.

What's next?  An entry about a housefly buzzing around a light bulb?

Speaking about housefly's.   I saw a gun for sale that shoots salt.  It is supposed to be used for shooting flying insects.   I have never heard of anything like that before.