Mike Gillislee in danger of not making Patriots roster

Correct re Milano.

How nice would it be to see the tables turn on NE? Where they sign someone else's player, only to see him poop the bed and then return to his former team and be productive?

Doubt it happens, but that would be sweet 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

Once he's cut bring him back. It be nice to win something  over the Pats.

A taste of their own medicine  

Ah...I think you kind of got it mixed here.

You "win something" over someone if you get something they want.

If they cut him, they don't want him, hence bringing him back would not "win"

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

He made a horrible decision going to the Pats, that is on him. 

I don't blame him for leaving.  The Cheaters offered him a RFA contract and the Bills didn't match it.  What I lost respect for him for was the "the Cheater way" thing.  I wonder what he thinks of it now?

And I've changed my mind.  If it embarrasses the Cheaters, I'd take him back.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't blame him for leaving.  The Cheaters offered him a RFA contract and the Bills didn't match it.  What I lost respect for him for was the "the Cheater way" thing.  I wonder what he thinks of it now?

I think he jumped the gun. He had a great role here behind Shady and if he stayed I think he would have had another great statistical season and a solid payday in front of him. He is not going to get paid anymore after being cut by the Pats. I would take him back though. 

Gilly and Ivory spelling Shady would take some of the load off his shoulders to carry the O, especially since it's going to take some time to get the passing game up to speed with the new QB's, OL and WR.  He'd be fighting for the last spot with Cadet, who looked pretty solid at times.  I think he's an upgrade over Murphy, Jones and Green. 

The one negative is Gilly doesn't have a lot of special teams value, which seems to be valuable with this staff. They like the utility guys who can do more than one thing, if they are not starting.

Edited by BillsRdue

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I too remember his interview when he showered the Pats with praise over how they conduct their organization and how everyone buys in without question. 

Do you question it now Mike? I get it though because it is a business and all of us would have followed the money. Bills dropped the ball not tendering him.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. He got paid. Good on him.

Yup.  He stole almost $3.8M from the Cheaters.  Which is more than double what the Bills were offering.  Now he'll be lucky to get the vet minimum.

He's not cut yet. Long way to go before week 1. But who knows what the Genius thinks? After all he's a genius and everything he does are acts of genius.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yup.  He stole almost $3.8M from the Cheaters.  Which is more than double what the Bills were offering.  Now he'll be lucky to get the vet minimum.

I'd take that. If he's smart with his money, he's set.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, I too remember his interview when he showered the Pats with praise over how they conduct their organization and how everyone buys in without question. 

Do you question it now Mike? I get it though because it is a business and all of us would have followed the money. Bills dropped the ball not tendering him.

It's debatable whether they Bills dropped the ball not tendering him higher or matching the deal at the time.  But if they can get him back for less than his tender, it worked out great for them.

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Remember when so many here were losing their minds over a backup RB and assumed he would be a star in NE? That was fun.

Remember when Mike Gillislee had more TDs than the Buffalo Bills for the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

• Like (+1) 1