Is Kim qualified?

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I never said she wasn't qualified. 

Russ answered to her, yes. But Russ was still doing day to day tasks that she will now take on, leaving less time for her to do what she was doing. 

So if a person under you is fired, and you don't fill the role, you take on more work, it's that simple.

Not necessarily.  You could distribute the work differently, for example - hand off some projects that were in your control (which means people 2 levels down are doing more), or hire a new person 2 levels down to take on some extra projects.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News said other ex-player hockey presidents were "laughing" at Kim Pegula's promotion. Well Russ was equally qualified to be a hockey president as Kim.

EDIT: Harrington deleted the tweet.

In fairness there are "sports guys" who function as presidents around the NHL and others are "business guys".

No need to be a hockey player to run an organization like the Sabres business side.  In fact, I would suggest you are much better off deliberately NOT using an ex-hockey player to run the business side of a hockey team.  

My beef is that Kim has no business credentials to speak of to be taking this on.  As long as she delegates authority and remains president in name only, no harm, no foul.

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I think that my issue with it is that there are more qualified people. I 100% get it though. The Pegula’s got burned by Russ and it left a black eye on the organization. They pulled the reins in by putting her in that role. If she trusts and defers to that senior leadership team she won’t have any issues. The problem will arise if she’s at odds with someone more experienced and wiser and she wins out because of her position of power. I don’t foresee it happening often (or maybe ever). 

Thanks Kirby for your rational posts about this whole affair.

The extremes from both side of the Opinion Bell Curve are really something.

Can't wait for a poster over on SabreSpace board to complain about Sabre Season Tickets will go up in price because Kim isn't

"cold calling" enough companies to advertise on the Blue Line Boards at Key Bank Center.

A quick look at the PSE Executive Team would lead me to the speculation that Bruce Popko will be taking on some added duties

along with a bigger bonus.

PEGULA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT STAFF
EXECUTIVES/LEADERSHIP TEAM
Kim Pegula President
Bruce Popko Chief Operating Officer, PSE
Frank Cravotta EVP of Creative Services, PSE
Chuck LaMattina EVP of Finance, PSE
Erica Muhleman EVP of Business Development, PSE
Mark Preisler EVP of Media & Content, PSE
Ron Raccuia EVP of Licensing & Branded Merchandise, PSE
Brent Rossi EVP of Marketing & Brand Strategy, PSE

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Can't wait for a poster over on SabreSpace board to complain about Sabre Season Tickets will go up in price because Kim isn't

"cold calling" enough companies to advertise on the Blue Line Boards at Key Bank Center.

A quick look at the PSE Executive Team would lead me to the speculation that Bruce Popko will be taking on some added duties

Kim Pegula President

I would absolutely expect Popko to take a larger role. He was with the Bills prior too as the head of the sponsorship department. I think that he was the one that secured the naming rights.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Obviously, the answer is "no."

Also, before the other thread was locked, I didn't get a chance to thank the person ("colin") who chimed in by saying that Kim P. is where she is today because SHE "slept with the boss" way back when.  IF they forced RB out because he was having a CONSENSUAL relationship with a coworker, the irony & hypocrisy would be notable.

WOW - that is a pretty big "if" and a whole lot of disrespect for the Pegulas.

I think that there are a few of you that just can't bear the thought of a woman clipping a mans wings.

As far as qualifications?  Apparently the only requirement now-a-days is "play golf by day and twitter by night". She is likely bright enough to learn those skills fairly quickly.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Kim Pegula President

Not Bruce Popko!  He's the worst! 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's been a little while and no one has been able to answer this. That confirms what I thought, which is that the people who don't like this move aren't actually worried about anything she will do as president. They are worried about something else entirely.

She could:

Screw up the Bills bottom line

Screw up the Bills day-to-day operation

Screw up any tertiary PSE events, World Juniors, etc.

Screw up new stadium negotiations

Screw up new land leasing negotiations

Screw up gameday fan experiences

Screw up ticket prices

Screw up box seat prices

Happy (Days)?

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would absolutely expect Popko to take a larger role. He was with the Bills prior too as the head of the sponsorship department. I think that he was the one that secured the naming rights.

Agree.  I read Popko's bio.  He has a lot of experience in all of this.

IMO Kim will now help her partner Terry insure that their vision of the way PSE is run will be followed.

She will approve the Business Plan (developed by the other VP's) and make sure it keeps on track.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

In fairness there are "sports guys" who function as presidents around the NHL and others are "business guys".

No need to be a hockey player to run an organization like the Sabres business side.  In fact, I would suggest you are much better off deliberately NOT using an ex-hockey player to run the business side of a hockey team.  

My beef is that Kim has no business credentials to speak of to be taking this on.  As long as she delegates authority and remains president in name only, no harm, no foul.

And as we saw in the Rex coaching hire, that was not the case.

I don't really care that Kim Pegula is the new President.  She's the wife of the owner and assumedly knows "something" about business in general.  She may screw up, or may do fine.  She's hardly the first unqualified sports executive out there.  But she is "unqualified."  And I would have more faith in a different executive.  But I would have more faith in different owners too, so where does that leave us?

20 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cool, I can be CEO then :D

You have to know a bit about the business and how to deal with people and pick the right people.  It is not necessary to have played linebacker.

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure because you know a guy that is a bright mind (allegedly) quits after being confronted with results of an internal investigation and ESPN reporter that deletes his previous tweet of Brandon will not have a hard time finding a job points to speculation. Ha ha ha 

Not qualified. She is not qualified dont you get it. She isn’t qualified for a position NO ONE can even define 

Soooooo,   you think the position can not be defined,,,, so how do you know she isn't qualified for it.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

She could:

Screw up the Bills bottom line

Screw up the Bills day-to-day operation

Screw up any tertiary PSE events, World Juniors, etc.

Screw up new stadium negotiations

Screw up new land leasing negotiations

Screw up gameday fan experiences

Screw up ticket prices

Screw up box seat prices

Happy (Days)?

Or she could do just fine.   ???

4 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You have to know a bit about the business and how to deal with people and pick the right people.  It is not necessary to have played linebacker.

Soooooo,   you think the position can not be defined,,,, so how do you know she isn't qualified for it.  :rolleyes:

Or she could do just fine.   ???

Missed me by two posts.

15 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:
22 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure because you know a guy that is a bright mind (allegedly) quits after being confronted with results of an internal investigation and ESPN reporter that deletes his previous tweet of Brandon will not have a hard time finding a job points to speculation. Ha ha ha 

Not qualified. She is not qualified dont you get it. She isn’t qualified for a position NO ONE can even define 

Ha Ha - the thought of this probably has the same effect as jumping into a cold pool.   Ha Ha Ha

Your slip is showing...

• Haha (+1) 1

I find this interesting.

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2018/03/27/nfl-adds-kim-pegula-to-its-business-ventures-group.html

She replaced Russ on the committee at the end of March (based on when it was published) and is already on the super bowl and major events advisory board.

I'm guessing based on Russ begin replace back then shows that the investigation had to have been going on a while before then.

Edited by The Wiz

On 5/2/2018 at 11:49 PM, BillsFan692 said:

Personally I think the pegulas had more to do with the quarterback we drafted then I would like.

Still hopeful/excited for the prospects of our new draft class, but personally I would prefer the pegulas to stay out of it.

They remind me of Jerry Jones -- a little too "involved". I hope it works out though.

Its their toy,I have no problem with it.

We buy madden for $50 bucks they get the real thing for $1.4B ;)

On May 2, 2018 at 6:02 PM, John in Jax said:

LMAO. No, not at all. In fact I'm married to a very successful woman, and have daughters who are also successful in their own right.

BUT, OTOH, there's no denying that Kim is a "trophy wife", who is where she is solely because of Terry, is there?

Trophy wives usually sit away from the business or if they need something to run the hubby comes up with something like a hair salon.  None of that describes Kim.  Many people come up through the ranks through many avenues.  Not everyone has the chance to do 4 or 6 years in college when they turn 18.  One of the most successful women I know on a local level never went to college.  There are quite a few bright people who do not get the opportunity to go to college or run a large scale business.  Kim Pegula has been given an opportunity and will do her best to run with it.  You are being very judgmental despite your claims of being enlightened and open minded.  Let Kim stand on her record after a couple of years just like any other recently promoted person in the business world.