Is Kim qualified?

46 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

LOL  Calm down and go enroll in an anger management course. 

She was working for Terry Pegula in 1991, TWO YEARS before they got married. So YES, she was an employee.

Also, as of now, I have NO IDEA what Russ B. is accused of doing while Bills/Sabres President; it seems to ALL be speculation.

43 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Again, IF they forced out RB because of inter-office "romance", the irony & hypocrisy would be just too good to ignore.

Now, if RB was a "sexual harasser", then that's a totally different story.

Do we now know (not rumors) the "real story" as to why RB was forced out?

Terry met Kim when she was a waitress.

He employed her at his company.

More than likely there was some romance prior to this, or intent to do so.

Moving forward from that, many companies have rules against dating somebody in a lower position than you on the totem pole.

My company has this.

No fraternization with direct subordinates, as well as immediate disclosure to management if this occurs with somebody in a different position within the company.

So, once again, there is no "irony" because it is a totally different situation.

Russ, from all signs, resigned after an internal investigation seems to have revealed unprofessional behavior within the workplace, and misconduct, which 99.99% of the time means he was banging an intern, or something of that sort.

He more than likely violated a direct rule they have in place, which many large corps do.

So, once again, Terry and Kim were together long before they purchased the Sabers or the Bills.

This is not "ironic" because it is not the same situation. 

I don't need an "anger management course" I just need morons like you to stop assuming that she's only where she is because she's "F*cking the boss" she IS the boss.

She may have had a relationship, and eventual marriage, to the owner back in the day, but she is now a owner of said company, with her husband, and seems to be quite good at running a business with him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really don't much about her business skills and am not trying to say she can't do it but is Kim qualified to be president?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Pics?

4 minutes ago, boater said:

Is she qualified? Get over yourself. She owns half the team. That's all the qualification you need.

Is there some college major that prepares you to own a major sports team?

She's ultimately qualified on her own merits. Go away you chauvinist pig.

ouch. panties in a bunch ?

;)

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Heh?    A CEO does not get down into the nittie grittie.   They don't have to know that this guy did 37 lifts and this guy only 32. They delegate that work and set general directions.  They set objectives and set teams to work towards them.

Cool, I can be CEO then :D

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Terry met Kim when she was a waitress.

He employed her at his company.

More than likely there was some romance prior to this, or intent to do so.

Moving forward from that, many companies have rules against dating somebody in a lower position than you on the totem pole.

My company has this.

No fraternization with direct subordinates, as well as immediate disclosure to management if this occurs with somebody in a different position within the company.

So, once again, there is no "irony" because it is a totally different situation.

Russ, from all signs, resigned after an internal investigation seems to have revealed unprofessional behavior within the workplace, and misconduct, which 99.99% of the time means he was banging an intern, or something of that sort.

He more than likely violated a direct rule they have in place, which many large corps do.

So, once again, Terry and Kim were together long before they purchased the Sabers or the Bills.

This is not "ironic" because it is not the same situation. 

I don't need an "anger management course" I just need morons like you to stop assuming that she's only where she is because she's "F*cking the boss" she IS the boss.

She may have had a relationship, and eventual marriage, to the owner back in the day, but she is now a owner of said company, with her husband, and seems to be quite good at running a business with him.

She needs to fire him. Now that she is President. Taking advantage of her like that ...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Probably not as qualified as many others, but when you are married to the owner, mistakes while in training will be tolerated...a lot.  

Kim Pegula isn’t married to the owner, she is the owner. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

She's certainly more qualified to be President of the Bills than the current President of the You Know What.  :P

Besides, she's the co-owner. She can name Kermit the Frog President if she wants. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Cease Fires said:

You'd think people would be proud of Buffalo having the first female president in the NFL but...nope. "She slept with the boss."

I could care less if we have the first female executive, I want the best person for the job period.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I have no idea but it’s irritating that posters don’t understand she OWNS both teams. 

I love the comparisons people have of Russ Brandon and Terry Pegula.

One guy owns a business, the other guy just held a powerful position. One guy is married to the girl the other guy is cheating on his wife. I love mental gymnastics people are doing. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d like to laugh, but it makes me want to cry instead. 

The Pegula’s have done little right during their time as owners of the Bills, and to a much greater extent, the Sabres. 

Many (most?) ex-player president we’re pretty bad at the job. Playing the sport is not a prerequisite to being a club president. 

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Too many of the posters are too easily irritated...

Yup, too many posters ignore facts. 

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

I love the comparisons people have of Russ Brandon and Terry Pegula.

One guy owns a business, the other guy just held a powerful position. One guy is married to the girl the other guy is cheating on his wife. I love mental gymnastics people are doing. 

I have no idea what you mean. 

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Many (most?) ex-player president we’re pretty bad at the job. Playing the sport is not a prerequisite to being a club president. 

Yup, too many posters ignore facts. 

I have no idea what you mean. 

Sorry I assumed you probably read through a lot of the comparisons people were making of thier situations. My apologies.

12 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I have no idea but it’s irritating that posters don’t understand she OWNS both teams. 

appreciate you clarifying that ! huge statement thats needs recognition.

she certainly must be over tasked  0:)

I myself must have forgotten or not known  at all.

Thanks Max  ;)

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Glad he is outta here...

She conveys that impression.

yep and yep.
 Detoxing the Bills

15 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Too many of the posters are too easily irritated...

Are you talking to me ?

12 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

This is the 2nd time now, in this thread, where you've lost your cool and hurled personal insults at another poster simply because they have a different opinion than you.

WILL A MODERATOR PLEASE BAN THIS PERSON WHO CANNOT STOP HIMSELF FROM PERSONALLY ATTACKING OTHER POSTERS. Thank you.

just words..

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

hold on, let me call you a WAAAAAAAAmbulance. 

awful , just awful  effort here.

sure you aren't a Jets Fan ?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Darn.

I insulted somebody who I called a moron for slinging insults about Kim Pegula only being where she is for sleeping with the boss.

I won't lose sleep over calling you a moron for that one.

I love the guy calling for me to be banned because I called him a moron for comparing Kim Pegula to Russ

Honestly to me it doesn't matter how she got to the place she got. If I read her story correct she was abandoned and adopted. That already is a rough start. The only thing that matters to me is that Kim Pegula loves the Bills. I believe she does. I already believe she has had an influence on the team. 

If I have my thoughts right then she is probably over qualified for the position. So I do not question her taking a position that was being run improperly. That is so much better then the status quo.

Yes I can understand you getting mad over people being disrespectful about her. I'm not happy about it either. To assume she is just the trophy wife and that she can't handle power is not a smart take. I assume she has had a huge influence all along. This team is her baby and I respect that. Russ Brandon didn't. 

It's stupid to think that Kim doesn't love her toy and can't learn how to operate it. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

just words..

Hey, I totally agree, and my skin is as thick as anybody's.....BUT, besides the fact that it's a low class/disgusting move, I'm pretty sure the rules in here don't allow for people to namecall/personally attack other posters because they have a differing opinion.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really don't much about her business skills and am not trying to say she can't do it but is Kim qualified to be president?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

More qualified than we are to judge.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

She married into running 2 sports franchises. What could go wrong? 

...or, what could go worse? 

Seriously, she’s a smart cookie, and I’m confident whe will get the help she needs. I truly believe that. 

10 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Hey, I totally agree, and my skin is as thick as anybody's.....BUT, besides the fact that it's a low class/disgusting move, I'm pretty sure the rules in here don't allow for people to namecall/personally attack other posters because they have a differing opinion.

You clearly don't have thick skin if you're crying for me to be banned.

The only low class/disgusting move I've seen is you comparing Russ Brandon to Kim Pegula, and acting like she's a trophy wife who is only a pretty face.

Your "opinion" of her just getting her way because she's "sleeping with the boss" is abhorrent and classes.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

She was married to Terry and running the company with him for almost 2 decades before they sold their company, and purchased the sabres and bills TOGETHER. 

She didn't "marry into running 2 sports franchises"

Edited by SouthNYfan
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

...or, what could go worse? 

Seriously, she’s a smart cookie, and I’m confident whe will get the help she needs. I truly believe that. 

Smart cookie? Why? Based on what exactly? Build a new stadium with private money, then we can talk. 

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

That's a jock talking through his ...of could "TheTruthHurts" at times.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

The only low class/disgusting move I've seen is you comparing Russ Brandon to Kim Pegula, and acting like she's a trophy wife who is only a pretty face.

Your "opinion" of her just getting her way because she's "sleeping with the boss" is abhorrent and classes.

She was married to Terry and running the company with him for almost 2 decades before they sold their company, and purchased the sabers and bills TOGETHER. 

She has no business running 2 sports franchises anyway you look at it. Hire qualified people and back away. 

7 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

i agree . not cool. but we all get wound sometimes.

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

She has no business running 2 sports franchises anyway you look at it. Hire qualified people and back away. 

Why?

Why does she have no business running 2 sports franchises which she owns?

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

She was married to Terry and running the company with him for almost 2 decades before they sold their company, and purchased the sabers and bills TOGETHER. 

you misspeld Sabres

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The only thing I can say went very wrong was Rex Ryan. I liked St Doug and I kinda dissapointed they missed out on that opportunity. I think they may of hit a home run with Sean McDermott. So I am willing to forget Rex Ryan and not taking St. Doug more serious. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lfod said:

The only thing I can say went very wrong was Rex Ryan. I liked St Doug and I kinda dissapointed they missed out on that opportunity. I think they may of hit a home run with Sean McDermott. So I am willing to forget Rex Ryan and not taking St. Doug more serious. 

Only thing? Follow the Sabres? Let's remember these geniuses made Russ Brandon the president of the Sabres. 

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Smart cookie? Why? Based on what exactly? Build a new stadium with private money, then we can talk. 

You should introduce yourself and make up your mind then perhaps.?

odd qualification. you know a stadium is in the plans of course. and theyhave put a good share of Pegula Dollars into Buffalo. which is bigger than the Bills as far as qualifying them.

Smart cookies ? yep. And Darned Good Folks it seems so far

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Well, for starters she’s a billionaire after a difficult start in life. That’s pretty good. Few pull THAT off. Oh, and I’ve yet to see her make a misstep that caught my eye. Most people say something stupid that gets noticed if you’re in the public eye that much. Do you have a problem with her for some reason? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

You should introduce yourself and make up your mind then perhaps.?

odd qualification. you know a stadium is in the plans of course. and theyhave put a good share of Pegula Dollars into Buffalo. which is bigger than the Bills as far as qualifying them.

Smart cookies ? yep. And Darned Good Folks it seems so far

Pegulas are great people. That doesn't mean they are good at running sports teams. 

• Like (+1) 1