Bulldog and Shopp routing for McCarron to be average

4 hours ago, HiddenInLight said:

Honestly, what is Dalton?  An above average starter in this league?  IMO McCarron falls somewhere under wherever Dalton sits on the scale.  He likely won't be better, as otherwise he would be starting for the Bengals.  How much worse is the matter up for interpretation.  Personally I see him as an average starter.  Good enough to hold down the fort until Allen is either ready or becomes clear that he is not the answer (Hopefully the former).

So Allen, with all the skills in the world, is mediocre actually playing in college with easy competition and McCarron with a 36-4 record and 2 Championships, with average arm, over achieves and has a stellar college career get no chance at being better even though he actually played better with stiffer competition. I fail to see the logic! Now I am hoping Bills can coachup Allen to McCarron's level than we can talk about who is better. Right now Allen is way behind McCarron who has 4 training camps, a 2-1 NFL record keeping Bengals in the playoff hunt and almost a win in the playoffs. It is amazing how QB's records and stats are ignored sometimes but elevated others to fit a narrative.

14 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Would you say, Schopp, and Bulldog are rooting for AJ to be Meaty Oaker? 

I see what you did. 0:)

12 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

“Routing”...you’re on a roll tonight.

I was a 90+ Math/Science student and 70-80 English/History student. This site needs grammar check. Spell check works fine. Sometimes I miss these things.

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

If you don't like it, don't listen. 

You don't even live in Buffalo and you're listening? 

I hate it and even though I feel like punching both of them in the face I still listen ,  I’m more interested in what callers have to say then those two idiots! 

From H- Town GOOOO  BILLS!!!!  

13 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

wroc espn rochester 950am.  noon to 3  the sports bar with danger and battaglia. it's all bills and blows shoop and the bdog away. i for one, love one bills live. they have awesome guests and just the plain fact that they are talking bills is good enough for me.

i listened with donald jones and have always loved steve tasker, so i'm happy there. i don't get the knocks on tasker. i tend to believe those people can't remember his playing days on this team. he's obviously good enough for cbs....

my biggest beef with the station is the constant sabres, sabres, sabres.

edit: i made a mistake . i listen to wgr noon to 3 and then the sports bar 3-6.

really? did you ever happen to notice his game assignments for CBS? Not exactly top shelf.....more like bottom of the rung. Confusing names & numbers is a special trait of his.

12 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Look out for the Jets!  They'll line up so many quarterbacks in the backfield, you'll never know who's going to get the snap.  Defend against THAT!  Wrecks should make a comeback in that circus.

They might be doing custom woodwork and countertops.  Preparing for the inevitable career after radio.

or maybe setting up a WLAN with a Netgear router & Verizon cable modem (edit: sorry, did not see BuffaloHokie's post above; that one blows mine away)

Edited by BuffaninATL
additional thought

1 hour ago, BuffaninATL said:

really? did you ever happen to notice his game assignments for CBS? Not exactly top shelf.....more like bottom of the rung. Confusing names & numbers is a special trait of his.

13 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

ummm ..ok   he's ok in my book.

18 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

That is all I am saying and yes, Allen is being demonized too. Like if Rosen was picked it would be Kelly rose again as God. I remember those signs about Kelly. Fans are fickle, I expect more from professional radio hosts!

What has "professional radio hosts" go to do with clowns employed by WGR?

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know what you mean by so conservative.  Did he have a reputation in Cincinnati for not taking chances down the field?  We don't have any speed threats anyways.

How do you Know this?

I mean, you might want to wait to see what shake out in camp,Right?

19 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

So Allen, with all the skills in the world, is mediocre actually playing in college with easy competition and McCarron with a 36-4 record and 2 Championships, with average arm, over achieves and has a stellar college career get no chance at being better even though he actually played better with stiffer competition. I fail to see the logic! Now I am hoping Bills can coachup Allen to McCarron's level than we can talk about who is better. Right now Allen is way behind McCarron who has 4 training camps, a 2-1 NFL record keeping Bengals in the playoff hunt and almost a win in the playoffs. It is amazing how QB's records and stats are ignored sometimes but elevated others to fit a narrative.

I see what you did. 0:)

I was a 90+ Math/Science student and 70-80 English/History student. This site needs grammar check. Spell check works fine. Sometimes I miss these things.

Your reply had nothing to do with my response.  All I was saying is that right now, the best we can assume without seeing McCarron in our offense taking snaps is that he is going to be at best, slightly worse then Andy Dalton.  Assuming the Bengals' coaches aren't incompetant, since we took their backup quarterback, it stands to logic that he will be not as good as their starter, otherwise he would be the starter.  As for Allen, my response didn't really have much to do with him, except point out that he shouldn't start until he gives us a better chance to win then AJ.

McCarron already is average, he should have beaten the Steelers in that playoff game. He will challenge for the starting job and if Allen beats him out we will have the best backup QB in the NFL. If Allen beats out McCarron I will be amazed and happy because I think McCarron will be a better than average top 17 starter.

Almost every single point Schopp makes is based off betting lines. This guy may never actually watch a single sporting event. Just bases every argument off of Vegas lines as if they were recap sheets. The guy also constantly blasts every tv analysts for never taking a stance on anything and toeing the line...The same guy who says something and then constantly follows it up with “that doesn’t have to be right” Both of these guys literally say nothing for hours on end. It’s infuriating to listen to the way they speak.

Agreed Sammy.  The fact that you didn’t grow up in Buffalo and are that much of a fan that you come on this site and listen to WGR is awesome.

thanks on behalf of an original Buffalonian you are such a big fan.  I know we need more of you across the country.  I believe with this administration we will gain more as we gain more playoff wins.