Bulldog and Shopp routing for McCarron to be average

Sorry but when the Voice of the Bills station is actively "rooting" for 2-3 QB's to be average so they can see what the 1st pick can do to prove that it was a bad pick is nothing but double negatives to get to WHAT? That is the exact scenario happening at WGR! Not all host's feel this way but it is a predominant thought happening on our radio station. What happen to "rooting" for Bills success? What happened to realizing Bills made a move to better the chance the Bills get there "Franchise QB" by pushing all candidates with a arm, with great intangibles, success, with a man that drops footballs a mile away into 50 gallon drums. I am not being funny, I want to find a franchise QB from you, if you want to try out. The bottom line is we are better off with a complete open competition and let these 20-27 year old guys punch each other in the mouth proving they want the job. They are teammates but right now each want the job. If I had these skills I can tell you right now, I would win this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by USABuffaloFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well I'm just hoping on some other teams back up being better then average for the Bills. Dejavu. Then if AJ sucks I might be counting on a rookie to save the day. Dejavu.

Edited by Lfod

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Those two guys know nothing about football. They just like having controversial opinions to get fans like you riled up.

Yes I fall into that but what other station should I be listening to for Bills stuff living in Orlando. I get WGR streaming all day while on the road.

22 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Well I'm just hoping on some other teams back up being better then average for the Bills. Dejavu. Then if AJ sucks I might be counting on a rookie to save the day. Dejavu.

But AJ doesn't have too suck. He is a 2 times NCAA football Champion. Had a 36-4 record at Alabama, in 2015 when Dalton went down end of year took team 2-1 into a not guaranteed playoff spot and almost won the playoff game, is a 4 time backup to a pretty good starter in Dalton. McCarron is a 65% completion plus QB with at least 2500 yards a year or more as a full time starter.Allen does not have these numbers, not cutting him down. Lets see what Allen shows McCarron and Peterman what a top arm looks like and lets see Allen watch McCarron under pressure make all the important throws!!!!!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

I wouldn't just limit it to the radio.  When I read some comments on this board I get the feeling that some want Allen to fail just so they can say "I told you so".  Allen was not my first choice but now that he is a Bill I will get 100% behind him and hope he can turn out to be our franchise QB.  However, if AJ wins the starting gig and plays lights out, I will be equally happy with that.  Hell, if Peterman wins the starting job and starts playing like Payton, what is not to be happy about.  My point is, I will root for all our guys until there is enough information to determine that they will not help take the team where we need to go.  Go Bills

• Like (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, tlfcbb said:

I wouldn't just limit it to the radio.  When I read some comments on this board I get the feeling that some want Allen to fail just so they can say "I told you so".  Allen was not my first choice but now that he is a Bill I will get 100% behind him and hope he can turn out to be our franchise QB.  However, if AJ wins the starting gig and plays lights out, I will be equally happy with that.  Hell, if Peterman wins the starting job and starts playing like Payton, what is not to be happy about.  My point is, I will root for all our guys until there is enough information to determine that they will not help take the team where we need to go.  Go Bills

That is all I am saying and yes, Allen is being demonized too. Like if Rosen was picked it would be Kelly rose again as God. I remember those signs about Kelly. Fans are fickle, I expect more from professional radio hosts!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Sorry but when the Voice of the Bills station is actively routing for 2-3 QB's to be average so they can see what the 1st pick can do to prove that it was a bad pick is nothing but double negatives to get to WHAT? That is the exact scenario happening at WGR! Not all host's feel this way but it is a predominant thought happening on our radio station. What happen to routing for Bills success? What happened to realizing Bills made a move to better the chance the Bills get there "Franchise QB" by pushing all candidates with a arm, with great intangibles, success, with a man that drops footballs a mile away into 50 gallon drums. I am not being funny, I want to find a franchise QB from you, if you want to try out. The bottom line is we are better off with a complete open competition and let these 20-27 year old guys punch each other in the mouth proving they want the job. They are teammates but right now each want the job. If I had these skills I can tell you right now, I would win this job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like it, don't listen. 

You don't even live in Buffalo and you're listening? 

44 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

What route do they suggest AJ take to ensue being average, the Scajaquada?

(rooting is the word you're searching for)

LOL, stay off 33

45 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

What route do they suggest AJ take to ensue being average, the Scajaquada?

(rooting is the word you're searching for)

Also where is the grammar check, lol.

43 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

If you don't like it, don't listen. 

You don't even live in Buffalo and you're listening? 

That is the whole point, there is nothing else for us transient Bills fans. For you to say go somewhere else, I still have parents, 3 sisters and a brother in Buffalo. I have over 100 cousins and second cousins still there and I have family in high places through Buffalo. I have also served well while living in Buffalo fixing Medical Xray equipment and am proud of what I did there and do here. You have NO place telling me how to support my Buffalo franchises!!!!!!!

Edited by USABuffaloFan
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I've been wishing for Shopp and the Bulldog to get to that below average level for quite a while now instead of being downright awful.

Can always count on you to put this in "context".

6 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Can always count on you to put this in "context".

I completely agree with you.  Make it a three way QB battle.  I don't think Allen will win the job as he just has too much work to put in before he's ready, but give him the chance.  The best problem to have would be A Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers type situation like they had in San Diego.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I completely agree with you.  Make it a three way QB battle.  I don't think Allen will win the job as he just has too much work to put in before he's ready, but give him the chance.  The best problem to have would be A Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers type situation like they had in San Diego.

YES, but Allen's arm does put pressure on McCarron to not be so Conservative!

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

YES, but Allen's arm does put pressure on McCarron to not be so Conservative!

I don't know what you mean by so conservative.  Did he have a reputation in Cincinnati for not taking chances down the field?  We don't have any speed threats anyways.  Being an efficient quarterback who makes smart and quick decisions while limiting mistakes gives McCarron the best chance to win and maintain the starting role.  

I'm rooting for Allen and AJ to progress into a good starter. Then be able to trade AJ for a high pick if he is too good to be a backup. 

Still hope for Peterman to progress to at least a good backup. I just hope Jordan Palmer is right about Allen.

• Like (+1) 1