Is Beane making the same mistake Whaley made?

Yeezus

1. Draft a project QB in the 1st round 

2. Doesn't bring in a coach to teach project QB. Our HC has no idea how to develop a QB, our OC doesn't exactly have much experience either, and our QB coach has been a WR coach for the past 10 years. Very concerning. 

3. Draft heavy on defense (despite how much better defense was than offense). Whaley did move up for Watkins but he drafted mostly defensive players when Rex came, changed the system and drafted 3-4 players who are all gone now. 

Pretty worrying so far. Our defense def had holes to fill, but I think some people tend to forget how many games they won us this season. I can maybe think of 1 or 2 games where the defense let us down. This offense right now is not an ideal place where a rookie QB can come and learn. We have the worst line in the league by a longshot. We have 1 extremely injury prone WR and an aging RB. 

Edited by Yeezus
  • Haha (+1) 2

Last time we drafted a qb it was Ej Manuel. There is no comparison between Ej Manuel and Josh Allen. Then the bills tried to help him by getting him a star reciever in Watkins who didn't live up to expectations. Our current recievers are not as bad as everyone thinks. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

3. Draft heavy on defense (despite how much better defense was than offense). Whaley did move up for Watson but he drafted mostly defensive players when Rex came, changed the system and drafted 3-4 players who are all gone now. 

It's Watkins.  For crying out loud it's Watkins!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mellaman101 said:

Who let you out of the basement and can I borrow your crystal ball when you are done crying?

I'm trying to have an actual discussion and this is your response. classic

next time don't post in my threads if this is all you have to say. thanks

Just now, Yeezus said:

I'm trying to have an actual discussion and this is your response. classic

next time don't post in my threads if this is all you have to say. thanks

You are about to get mobbed for having an opinion other than we just got our frencheyes qb. 

15 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

2. Doesn't bring in a coach to teach project QB. Our HC has no idea how to develop a QB, our OC doesn't exactly have much experience either, and our QB coach has been a WR coach for the past 10 years. Very concerning. 

3. Draft heavy on defense (despite how much better defense was than offense). Whaley did move up for Watkins but he drafted mostly defensive players when Rex came, changed the system and drafted 3-4 players who are all gone now. 

Pretty worrying so far. Our defense def had holes to fill, but I think some people tend to forget how many games they won us this season. I can maybe think of 1 or 2 games where the defense let us down. This offense right now is not an ideal place where a rookie QB can come and learn. We have the worst line in the league by a longshot. We have 1 extremely injury prone WR and an aging RB. 

Unfortunately I agree with you on every point in this post.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

GM is meaningless here now. This McDermott's show.

?? in any succcessful relationship, you have both parties working together. in the GM/HC relationhip, the GM should most likely identify the players that will help fulfill said HC's coaching philosophy and obtain them.

Edited by Foxx

I am not a big Yeezus fan but I think he has a valid point - our coaching staff isn't exactly equipped to smooth the edges on a physically gifted quarterback that has issues with his mechanics.

This is why I think McCarron starts this year, with Allen watching him on the bench.  At least I hope that's the case.  The OL has regressed and I could easily see a situation where Allen gets thrown to the wolves a la Peterman and the fanbase jumps down his throat because his first game is terrible.  There's no recovering from that, just ask Nate.

18 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

I can not believe he could not completely reshape the roster and staff in less than a year either

21 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

I Predict none of this you just wrote will come true. I don’t think it’s close to what the Bills are all about. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

Really?  Over a 3 game stretch the defense gave up an average of 46 points per game alone.  Our Def wasn’t great and we have created big holes through trades and FA.

I don’t get your post at all.  And FYI:  All QBs are “projects”.  Never in the history of the league has there been a player enter the NFL that needed no development or coaching.  This term gets so over used.  Every QB in this draft has things they MUST improve at to succeed in the NFL.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

I am not a big Yeezus fan but I think he has a valid point - our coaching staff isn't exactly equipped to smooth the edges on a physically gifted quarterback that has issues with his mechanics.

This is why I think McCarron starts this year, with Allen watching him on the bench.  At least I hope that's the case.  The OL has regressed and I could easily see a situation where Allen gets thrown to the wolves a la Peterman and the fanbase jumps down his throat because his first game is terrible.  There's no recovering from that, just ask Nate.

and this is why taking a damn project QB was an awful decision. not bc of his skillset, but b/c we just don't have the coaches here to develop him. 

Rosen could have came in year 1 and performed just as well or close to Tyrod. putting up 140 yards per game with 20 attempts isn't hard to do. Ppl don't know but Rosen is the best QB in the draft under pressure, he gets the ball out quicker than everyone. Would have been perfect with our poor oline situation. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I would have liked Rosen, but he would have been a project too.  All of them will be, just the degree varies in what each of them have strengths and weaknesses.

Coaches?  We'll see.  Daboll was sought after.  And if McD isn't satisfied with Allen's progression he's shown he's not afraid to make changes.