Josh Allen talks ball with Kirk Cousins: Allen is a smart fella

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://officialize.com/originals/the-wake-up-call/kirk-cousins-josh-allen-part-3

Not sure if this was posted pre-draft anywhere, but this interaction with Kirk Cousins certainly shows how Allen is way ahead of schedule in recognizing defensive alignments, audibles and understanding options in the pass game. 

Many on here suggest Allen isn’t too bright or can’t read defenses...this suggests otherwise. 37 on the Wunderlic, pro style offense, took 45% snaps under center, mobile QB who can make ALL the throws....I’m happy with the pick. 

Good video, Allen seems to be a great kid with a great arm and brain. It shows why he was the #1 QB on the board.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So that would be a similar story for Allen.  A Wyoming assistant went to scout another player (a TE maybe?) at Allen's JUCO.  Came back and said "let's look at the QB".

So you're saying Josh Allen will be the Michael Jordan of the NFL?   Should I start on my Three-Peat Rockpile Review?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mead107 said:

I made a list of all the haters.   

That way when they start saying I loved the pick,  I can tell them shut the !@#$ up.   

Just like the 200,000 fans that say they were at the comeback game.   

Love the pick 

I openly admit that I was disappointed and HATED the pick Thursday night. 

I am slowly coming around on it now and truly hope that this kid makes me look like a giant a**h*le.

• Like (+1) 1

That way when they start saying I loved the pick,  I can tell them shut the !@#$ up.   

Love the pick 

I honestly hope that you do and if so can you please share it

Love the pick 

you can yell at me right now if you want. i had said to anyone that asked that this was the guy that scared me the most out of the "big six". yes, i was even more comfortable with mason rudolph (at 12). but as soon as they drafted this kid, he was immediately my number one guy. he seems like a good kid, he has loads of talent, and i am all in. i am actually getting pretty excited about him being our qb. and just for the record, i was one of the few bills fans NOT at the comeback game.

1 minute ago, swnybillsfan said:

you can yell at me right now if you want. i had said to anyone that asked that this was the guy that scared me the most out of the "big six". yes, i was even more comfortable with mason rudolph (at 12). but as soon as they drafted this kid, he was immediately my number one guy. he seems like a good kid, he has loads of talent, and i am all in. i am actually getting pretty excited about him being our qb. and just for the record, i was one of the few bills fans NOT at the comeback game.

Just don’t change your mind next year?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Just don’t change your mind next year?

i won't. i support any guy in the red, white, and blue. i supported flutie AND johnson. jp, trent, fitz, ej, and tyrod. i have always wanted the bills to just show their conviction and grab their guy, regardless of what the fans or experts thought. identify your guy and go get him. they did just that, and i am very happy about that. and...this kid does have absolutely ridiculous raw talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

Great stuff. I could watch x's n o's like that all day. Rosen was my guy but im warming up more to allen, we have no choice. He does seem like his football iq is high. His arm power is on another level we know that. Preseason cant get here fast enough

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i won't. i support any guy in the red, white, and blue. i supported flutie AND johnson. jp, trent, fitz, ej, and tyrod. i have always wanted the bills to just show their conviction and grab their guy, regardless of what the fans or experts thought. identify your guy and go get him. they did just that, and i am very happy about that. and...this kid does have absolutely ridiculous raw talent. 

I generally will support any player unless a player is holding out while under contract or has been tagged and refuses to play under it - it is your union which agreed to rules.  Same for players who while being paid will play soft ("run to the bus") because they have a new contract coming up; if you are that worried talk to team about putting you on list where you do not get paid and you do not play.

I am wishing he has good luck.  I see the potential but not see the coaching staff to develop the potential.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is awesome! Thanks for posting!!!

There was a moment in there you could see Cousins was a bit surprised at Allen's football acumen. 

My main hope is that the kid can clean up his mechanics and footwork so he can be consistently accurate. That's obviously the biggest worry.

This. 

I was driving on the thruway when they picked Allen. I was bent. Admittedly.  But I will say the comparisons to Losman, Manuel are just lazy. And wrong.  Allen is way more grounded and humble than JP ever was. No ones going to break his leg in practice.  And Allen is way more aggressive then EJ ever was.  He may have been all over the place with this throwing motion but he was obviously carrying Wyoming on his back. I think that says a ton and that’s being undervalued.  

Edited by bobblehead

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

No haters. Just football talk. If he becomes a franchise QB great. I have no problem saying I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. 

I also hope you are wrong. In fact, the people who want you to be wrong numbers in the hundreds of thousands! At least! It’s become personal for many, I’m sure. We may start a club with a secret handshake, all hoping you are wrong! 

OK, I’m worried too....

Kirk Cousins looks like he is trying very hard to emulate Jon Gruden in this.

I had never seen an interview with him. He's pretty annoying. I'm glad the Bills didn't chase him.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I rather despise ESPN, but if they were smart, which they aren't, they'd get Kirk Cousins to do pre-draft segments with qb draft prospects.  More interesting than Russell Wilson, imo.

Really? They both are awful. I can't decide which is worse.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I generally will support any player unless a player is holding out while under contract or has been tagged and refuses to play under it - it is your union which agreed to rules.  Same for players who while being paid will play soft ("run to the bus") because they have a new contract coming up; if you are that worried talk to team about putting you on list where you do not get paid and you do not play.

I am wishing he has good luck.  I see the potential but not see the coaching staff to develop the potential.

don;t get me wrong, i wanted jason peters off my team because of the contract thing. i was hoping the door didn't hit jairus byrd on the way out. i was ready to cut kyle orton for turtling two yards before the first down marker. and i was pretty disgusted by stephon gilmore trying desperately not to break a nail on route to signing a huge contract elsewhere. but any guy on my team that is giving his all...nothing but support and respect from me. 

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Sharp kid. Rob Johnson is a respected QB coach now. He could do this same thing. Applying it to live action is completely different. He is definitely sharp though. 

Rob is an assistant our at mission Viejo where his dad was a long tenured head coach. Both Rob and his brother are assistant or were assistant coaches for hs

• 2 weeks later...

The Wake Up Call - Josh Allen: Part 1 | Officialize (7:13)
Former Wyoming Quarterback Josh Allen, who will enter the NFL as a highly-touted 1st Round Draft Selection, sits down with new Minnesota Vikings Quarterback Kirk Cousins to discuss his journey from college to playing at the next level.

The Wake Up Call - Josh Allen: Part 2 | Officialize (5:28)
Vikings Quarterback Kirk Cousins and former Wyoming Quarterback Josh Allen sit down and go over some highlights from Josh’s college career as he gets ready for the 2018 NFL Draft.

The Wake Up Call - Josh Allen: Part 3 | Officialize (6:58)

Vikings Quarterback Kirk Cousins and former Wyoming Quarterback Josh Allen hit the whiteboard and talk football. Allen, who is entering his rookie season draws up one of his favorite plays from college show Cousins, who is entering his 7th year in the NFL.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz