Chris Simms: "Cardinals were heart broken when Josh Allen went before they could trade up"

37 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

So you are good with the o line and we corp as is? You think we have a real offense right now 

Nope, and I never said anything close to that. Maybe if I post it again it will be more clear?

"Wide receivers with NFL experience > no-name freshmen and sophomore receivers in a bad college program."

If you'd like to disagree with that, please, feel free. But don't make stuff up.

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

F that, tell that to Brett Favre, the guy did it his way, a true gunslinger and now a HOF player. I believe all the great QB's believe they want to be the best to ever play and the game is never too big for them. Favre starting out had a rough 2 starting years in Green Bay, then the light bulb clicked for him, the same could easily happen to Allen and to see these videos of him time after time being told he was too short, not getting any college offers, all those no's and he could have easily given up, finally a shot with Wyoming and the rest is history. There is no reason to believe that he can't be one of the best QB's in the league, he has the arm, he has the athleticism, get the mechanics down and the sky's the limit imo.

So, you agree that he has to improve. Cool.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:41 PM, Utah John said:

He hit the receiver in stride, 65 yards down field, without good mechanics and while falling backward.  Geez Louise.  And you're worried about style points? 

I'm not sure he's going to be a good draft pick but it will be fun to watch.

I took it like he was kidding...

Great throw of one foot for sure

7 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

And where exactly is this picture...

Here's one but their board is blocked.

Cool video though.  Wish they'd make one like this for the Bills.

5 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

So you are good with the o line and we corp as is? You think we have a real offense right now 

Friend who was former scout for bills but canned last year with Whaley.  Zona was willing to walk from the trade as the raiders wanted the second rounder. Zona said no

On 28/04/2018 at 7:05 AM, LeGOATski said:

A guy who can't do it right is going to fail in the NFL. 

So many guys with plus arm strength have made those types of throws in college, but if they don't have any pocket awareness in the NFL, then they won't last.

This is one of those many things that Josh Allen can improve on at the next level. We all hope he does.

Yet people are moaning about passing on Mahomes, who is far less traditional than Allen, which is it? Do people want someone who makes the throws? Or someone who is traditional?

On 28/04/2018 at 10:28 AM, JMF2006 said:

Now if they can teach him to set his feet it might fix his accuracy.

They have done, he was in a QB camp with Darnold and there was a significant improvement at the Senior Bowl and then the Combine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

They have done, he was in a QB camp with Darnold and there was a significant improvement at the Senior Bowl and then the Combine.

There seems to be an improvement in his technique in shorts.  In the film of his pro day, I did still see him throwing high (on a short throw) and one long throw sailed, the next was on mark.  I don't think it's "have done", more "have made some progress"

The problem with trying to fix technique in athletic endeavors, is that it's hard to maintain those improvements under live action.

I know, Senior Bowl is a game, but it's a rather specialized game with restrictions on the defense (limited packages, no blitzing)

22 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Probably threw far fewer times too. We know they aren't in the same atmosphere as far as product. And name an NFL defense who will allow qb to be successful throwing 50 yes off his back foot. Didnt know that's how Brady Mannings Montana Young Elway all had their incredible successes. Climb the damn pocket.

For the record Allen 21 ints in 3 years

Rosen 26 ints in 3 yrs 

Rosen 1169 attempts

Allen 649 attempts

You're not gonna win this battle!!

15 hours ago, billspro said:

The Cards front office needs to do a better job. Beane has be managing the team for this pick for the last year, they had no chance of competing.

The Cardinals need to understand that putting a QB with a major injury history including multiple concussions behind their terrible O line is a 1 way ticket to ruining Rosen's career, just like the Colts with Andrew Luck

• Like (+1) 1