Jordan Palmer: Buffalo Will Build A Statue For Josh Allen In A Few Years

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s your counter?  Other places are racist?  And there has been a rep with Buffalo in the past.  It’s growing to be a real place again but it is funny that we draft the guy who puts out racist tweets (for the record I’m pretty sure he isn’t racist).

No, my counter is that you made a comment that I asked you to clarify and you really didn’t. Does WNY have some racists? Sure. Where in this country doesn’t have that problem?

And, unless you can give me some legitimate facts, your generalization of WNY is a bit offensive.

3 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

But he sucked as a player, so why is he so respected as a personal coach?  Not sure I get it...

Bill Bellichick was a **** football player... your point??? Those who can't do, teach.

Just because he didn't have the same physical gifts as his brother doesn't detract from what the guy has between the ears.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Say what you will but there is one guy who loves Josh Allen.... and I don’t mean Peter Prisco.  

FWIW, Phil Simms loves Allen too:

@CBSSports

High praise for the newest member of the Bills from @PhilSimmsQB: "I think he is the best quarterback in the draft and I don’t hesitate at all."

And, again, fwiw, Simms said on Sirius the other day that ALL he watches is QB play.  Let's hope he's right...

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No, my counter is that you made a comment that I asked you to clarify and you really didn’t. Does WNY have some racists? Sure. Where in this country doesn’t have that problem?

And, unless you can give me some legitimate facts, your generalization of WNY is a bit offensive.

People are just ignorant.  The only thing I can surmise is because Buffalo is seen as a traditionally Polish/Irish town?... Maybe if it was still the 1920's I guess?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Jordan sees what I see in Allen.  Yes, he can be very erratic. Yes he can be inaccurate. But at 22, is he broken or just inexperienced? With football being the only thing in his life now, I feel like the work that he puts in will greatly effect his accuracy. What I see on his poor throws, is someone who gets away from his mechanics. The problem with having a big arm is that you can throw off balance, you can throw from awkward platforms, but you shouldn't. Yes, sometimes you absolutely have too but there are plenty of his throws where if he's slightly more patient and he keeps his mechanics sound, the throws don't get away from him.

Maybe he isn't fixable, maybe he isn't coachable, or maybe he hasn't received the coaching he needs to be successful. We will certainly find out.

38 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Hard to quantify but here’s an example:

https://www.travelbinger.com/blog/2017/9/2/the-most-racist-cities-in-america-and-should-you-go

All said, I’m guessing he was just a teenager that came to age in an era of shock being “funny” and was probably not exposed to the context that takes the air out of jokes. Not losing sleep over it and hope as a young man he’s learning some lessons about the world 

Edited by NoSaint

44 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

For you guys bring up his racist comment over and over again.. he was a kid? he new it was stupid? He apologized? yes yes yes. Does he show any kind of pattern in his past? NO

Get over it people. We all were young and dumb.

some of us, younger and/or dumber than others.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Put together through Google search terms?

LOL

I mean, it’s just an example but that is a spot where people type what they think without fear of judgment.

ive seen other examples of ways to quantify it putting the area high on the spectrum.

heres a study on twitter:

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2016/03/buffalo_anti-gay_racist_study_twitter.html

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, it’s just an example but that is a spot where people type what they think without fear of judgment.

ive seen other examples of ways to quantify it putting the area high on the spectrum.

heres a study on twitter:

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2016/03/buffalo_anti-gay_racist_study_twitter.html

Seriously?

I guess now, if you call something “gay” on Twitter that means you are homophobic. Do they take into account contact, the race of the person, age, etc?

Sorry, but these “studies” are worthless. 

Edited by Binghamton Beast

4 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

But he sucked as a player, so why is he so respected as a personal coach?  Not sure I get it...

You don’t have to be a great player to be a good coach.  Often the guys who managed to carve out a career as a backup know more about the technical aspects of playing than the great players who can get by with superior physical talent.

Or here is a study on housing patterns putting buffalo among the most segregated cities (along with many that appear on those lists and would likewise be top of mind for possible race issues)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-16-most-segregated-cities-in-america/ss-AAozfco#image=11

doesnt mean it’s a terrible city overrun by overwhelmingly bad people.... I enjoy it greatly... but it’s got some warts and portions being behind the time on race is part of that discussion. 

Edited by NoSaint

8 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Seriously?

I guess now, if you call something “gay” on Twitter that means you are homophobic. Do they take into account contact, the race of the person, age, etc?

Sorry, but these “studies” are worthless. 

Yea, it’s on the spectrum of homophobia generally. Doesn’t mean you are beating gays up in your spare time if you’ve said it but it’s landing you on the spectrum of disrespectful against gay people. 

Did the housing one roll up with the others to maaaaaybe make you think twice? Should I dig up the cash bail articles? 

Or what were you looking for when calling out lack of any data?

i think we are fine saying buffalo is good but could work on race. Saying it could improve isn’t insulting or the end of the world 

Edited by NoSaint

33 minutes ago, Luka said:

Jordan sees what I see in Allen.  Yes, he can be very erratic. Yes he can be inaccurate. But at 22, is he broken or just inexperienced? With football being the only thing in his life now, I feel like the work that he puts in will greatly effect his accuracy. What I see on his poor throws, is someone who gets away from his mechanics. The problem with having a big arm is that you can throw off balance, you can throw from awkward platforms, but you shouldn't. Yes, sometimes you absolutely have too but there are plenty of his throws where if he's slightly more patient and he keeps his mechanics sound, the throws don't get away from him.

Maybe he isn't fixable, maybe he isn't coachable, or maybe he hasn't received the coaching he needs to be successful. We will certainly find out.

I don’t think he has played as much football against good competition as the other top prospects.  Grew up in a small town, not a football hotbed.  Two years at Wyoming- I hope he will get better with experience- by all accounts I’ve heard he will put in a lot of work.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yea, it’s on the spectrum of homophobia generally. Doesn’t mean you are beating gays up in your spare time if you’ve said it but it’s landing you on the spectrum of disrespectful against gay people. 

Just a question.....what do you think the average age is of these people making these tweets or searches on Google? How many are coming from campuses and from students from out of the area?

Believe me, I’m not saying there aren’t racists in WNY but what I originally responded to was a very lazy, blanketed statement.(by Bennett)

Edited by Binghamton Beast