You vs Mike Mayock

Rigotz

Among all the analysts he has the best track record in predicting QB success.

In 2017, he had Warson ahead of Mahones and Trubusky

In 2016, he had Wentz ahead of Goff ( he did have a late first grade on Lynch which was a miss)

In 2015, he had Mariota and Winston ahead of everyone else

In 2014, he had Manziel at 10 but remember Johnny's issues were not football related ( Johnny actually was the only QB to have a remotely decent WL record as Briwns QB in recent years

In 2013 he had Geno Smith (late first) rated higher than EJ who had a mid 2nd grade

overall I would take his hit miss rate over any other analyst any day. kudos to op for bringing this to our attention

• Thank you (+1) 1

On this side we have unemployed millennials in their underwear in Mom's basement with their Josh Rosen poster on the wall, seeing how many times they can insert the word "suck" into a sentence.

On this side we have the McBeanes, who have risen to the upper echelons of their lucrative professions, and are about to make the pick which will have more bearing on their professional futures than any decision they have ever made.

Hmmm, whose judgment has more credibility?

On 4/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mike Mayock also liked Blaine Gabbert. <_<

No one is very good at evaluating QBs, not even front offices.  Hence all the top 10 failures(38% success rate I read), and mid round successes at QB

On 4/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, Rigotz said:

All I hear about all year is how Mayock is the most accurate mock drafter, how he's an actual scout and you respect his opinion ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928186/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

Josh Allen #9 overall player

Tremaine Edmunds #11 overall player

Josh Rosen #21 overall player

Baker Mayfield #22 overall player

Lamer Jackson #23 overall player

So, if you truly believe that you know more than Mike Mayock, then you have the right to bash this franchise and cry about how Allen sucks because he had bad college stats. Be honest though ... you didn't watch any "film" ... you read his accuracy % and watched his YouTube highlights. You don't actually know.

Now lets all move on and root for our guys, please.

Harrison Phillips at #46.  

Just now, Max Fischer said:

Harrison Phillips at #46.  

nice.  So Mayock ranks Allen 9, Edmunds 11, and Phillips 46?  That is a fantastic draft if they play as advertised

On 4/27/2018 at 2:05 PM, TheTruthHurts said:

There are always QB's with 1st round physical tools and poor football IQ on the field. They get ranked high all the time. They always fail.

And teams always fall for them, and the Bills more than many since Kelly retired: trading for Rob Johnson, trading up for JP Losman, and drafting EJ Manuel.  They weren't even smart enough to keep Bledsoe until the end of career and get some value for the first rounder they gave NE for him. 

I'm not optimistic for Josh Allen, not because of his obvious weaknesses but primarily because of the obvious weaknesses in the Bills: questions about the quality of offensive coaching as well as the apparent lack of interest in shoring up the OL and the WRs.   He's certainly not coming into the best situation for a young QB who has a lot to learn about playing QB in the NFL.

43 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

On this side we have unemployed millennials in their underwear in Mom's basement with their Josh Rosen poster on the wall, seeing how many times they can insert the word "suck" into a sentence.

On this side we have the McBeanes, who have risen to the upper echelons of their lucrative professions, and are about to make the pick which will have more bearing on their professional futures than any decision they have ever made.

Hmmm, whose judgment has more credibility?

Just so we're clear, I want to clarify 2 points:

1) I don't have a basement.

2) I don't have underwear on when I'm looking at my Josh Rosen poster, or his film in general.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, dave mcbride said:

Well, he did basically say that the 2013 QB class sucked. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147694/article/mike-mayock-ej-manuel-secondbest-qb-in-nfl-draft

EJ was kinda like a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.

You could argue ej was the king of that QB class...  or Glennon... eww 

I think some experts, those that analyze the draft for a living, and us fans (including myself) were very skeptical of this pick initially in large part because of Buffalo's constant failings to truly address the QB issue through the draft for many years if not decades.

If New England moved to 7 and took Josh Allen, I bet your perspective, and some of these talking heads, would be different about Allen just based off of the fact they view New England as the end all that be all and rarely 'get stuff wrong' in their eyes. There MUST be something good about Allen, I mean Bill took him correct?  But Buffalo does and it's a probable miss subconsciously because of recent history.

I admit: When the Bills moved up to 7 I wanted Josh Rosen. When Roger said Josh, the fans where I watched the game cheered, and then I realized it was Allen, I was disappointed. We are tired of having these QB's who have a boom or bust potential, we are all wanting that guy who appears to be the real deal and the safest pick. Truth of the matter? That does not exist.

31 different QB's have won a Super Bowl. 31. That's it. It's VERY hard to find that guy. EXTREMELY. Maybe the best bet IS to bet, meaning go for the gold and don't settle for the next Alex Smith.

And Beane just went all in with Josh Allen with a high pair. Let's hope Allen beats the odds and wins the pot for us fans.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mike Mayock also liked Blaine Gabbert. <_<

I think I may have heard that somewhere before. 

Is it possible to automatically hyperlink to Blaine Gabbert whenever the string "Mike Mayock" is detected? Or to Jimmy Clausen when "Mel Kiper" is detected?

On 5/2/2018 at 1:16 PM, Like A Mofo said:

I think some experts, those that analyze the draft for a living, and us fans (including myself) were very skeptical of this pick initially in large part because of Buffalo's constant failings to truly address the QB issue through the draft for many years if not decades.

If New England moved to 7 and took Josh Allen, I bet your perspective, and some of these talking heads, would be different about Allen just based off of the fact they view New England as the end all that be all and rarely 'get stuff wrong' in their eyes. There MUST be something good about Allen, I mean Bill took him correct?  But Buffalo does and it's a probable miss subconsciously because of recent history.

I admit: When the Bills moved up to 7 I wanted Josh Rosen. When Roger said Josh, the fans where I watched the game cheered, and then I realized it was Allen, I was disappointed. We are tired of having these QB's who have a boom or bust potential, we are all wanting that guy who appears to be the real deal and the safest pick. Truth of the matter? That does not exist.

31 different QB's have won a Super Bowl. 31. That's it. It's VERY hard to find that guy. EXTREMELY. Maybe the best bet IS to bet, meaning go for the gold and don't settle for the next Alex Smith.

And Beane just went all in with Josh Allen with a high pair. Let's hope Allen beats the odds and wins the pot for us fans.

Somehow this loses it's impact when I look up what LII means in Roman numerals.