Thank you cleveland

bkep32

Thanks cleveland for taking denzel ward at #4 and letting chubb fall to the broncos.  John elway said he didnt want to trade since chubb was there.  If chubb not there i think bills would have sent denver both 1st and a 3rd to get there and we would have missed out on edmunds.  So thank you cleveland.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, bkep32 said:

Thanks cleveland for taking denzel ward at #4 and letting chubb fall to the broncos.  John elway said he didnt want to trade since chubb was there.  If chubb not there i think bills would have sent denver both 1st and a 3rd to get there and we would have missed out on edmunds.  So thank you cleveland.

hmmm...OK, I'm with you.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Now we owe Cincinnati and Cleveland.

Don’t forget CBus. We produced Denzel Ward and they could not resist him.

its actually hilarious that they finally realized there is a football factory down the street. The clowns havent drafted an OSU player since Brian Robiskie. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think the Bills offer was the same for every pick between 4 and 7.  I think it was down to them and Arizona bidding and the Bills knew if Arizona wasn't willing to put in the 2019 1st, they couldn't realistically beat 12 / 53 / 56.

The trade to #5 is being reported as #12, #22, and #65 to Denver which was agreed upon, but Denver backed out when Chubb was available.  That's the OPs point - Cleveland set in motion the events that allowed us to keep #22, which gave us the ammo to move up for Edmunds.

Edited by napmaster
typo
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I know it would be hard to mess up the first and fourth selections, but I kind of think Cleveland did. Chubb was in my opinion, the guy to pick at number 4. And I'm not sold on Mayfield either. Ward is a good prospect, but a bit undersized.  Chubb is a can't miss. Anyone else here think Cleveland might have messed up another draft?

^ I would rather have Darnold in our division than Mayfield. However, I would have preferred to counter Darnold with Rosen but hey we have a future Offensive AND Defensive captain (hopefully). Also, theres the fact that both were graded (on avg) arguably no. 1/2 for their positions and both are hands down the most physical/athletic/prototypical from an athletics standpoint. Perhaps, the Ocean feels cold because we are not used to ever getting in the water. I am surely hoping for Allen to pan out but landing Edmunds was massive. It was easily our biggest 1a and 1b hole and we filled both immediately, again things we have never done... New territory, we'll be fine.

It is weird how things work out

I was a Rosen guy but am definately glad the bills took their stab at a QB.....and when Darnold went off the board there was some definate hand wringing for sure by me.....but Beane played it cool.....and the draft also worked out in a way that allowed him to be patient.....

End the end....it worked out

- QB aquired

- Still got a stud LB in the first to go with it

- DIDNT GIVE UP 2019 FIRST ROUND  PICK

• Like (+1) 1

The Ward pick trickled down to 6 as well. The Colts wasted no time picking G Nelson. 

The Bills were able to make a trade up to the first willing partner   It remains to be seen if they selected the right Josh. 

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

I know it would be hard to mess up the first and fourth selections, but I kind of think Cleveland did. Chubb was in my opinion, the guy to pick at number 4. And I'm not sold on Mayfield either. Ward is a good prospect, but a bit undersized.  Chubb is a can't miss. Anyone else here think Cleveland might have messed up another draft?

I mocked a DB to them at 4,  but it was Derwin James. I never thought they would take Chubb because they are desperate in the secondary, Dorsey usually likes QB, DB, OL, DL in first. I like the pick a lot, even though he’s undersized. He’s a great fit for them. May have been a “need” pick and a bit higher than projected but the Broncos were talking about taking him at 5 so not shocked. 

38 minutes ago, PIP said:

Let's not also forget they put Sam darnold in our division

I think that is a good thing.  Darnold was the one QB I didn't want.  I don't think he will fix his turnovers.

I also think Ryan Tannehill is not a good QB.

So, I am excited the Jets have Darnold and the Fish still have Tannehill.   Good for us, I think and hope!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, napmaster said:

The trade to #5 is being reported as #12, #22, and #65 to Denver which was agreed upon, but Denver backed out when Chubb was available.  That's the OPs point - Cleveland set in motion the events that allowed us to keep #22, which gave us the ammo to move up for Edmunds.

Sounds like wild speculation to me. Not by you, but whoever is "reporting" that crap.

1 hour ago, napmaster said:

oh wow.  I would have been pissed if we gave up that in order to draft Allen.

^ Exact sentiments. Because of his 'high ceiling'... No,  lol I am kidding... Honestly because I AM SURE that if we did not take him at seven he would not have lasted much longer, I will be confident that not only B-lo but that in addition to the fact MANY other NFL Gm had him rated so highly.  Trust the process