RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

7 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

This is dumb, your glossing over "Yes, this is a different FO", that's all that matters, this Front office and Coaching staff have earned the benefit of the doubt, they've made nothing but great moves that ended the drought in one season, did a complete turnover of the roster and fixed the salary cap.

Yes signing Tolbert, and bring in Ivory... great moves.

Trading up for Zay Jones. Starting Peterman.

Nothing but great moves. They've made someone good ones, but it's not nothing but great moves, and the turnover of this roster is no where near complete.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think this is true at all.

All the media guys are "pissed" because they've done nothing but read about these QBs and their prospects as future NFL QBs for the past 7 months. In doing all that reading and studying, they've learned extensively about how guys like Josh Allen never succeed in the NFL.

2D19A3F4-3570-4072-B4CB-543FE64E51D3.jpeg

EJ....JP....Trent....

Edited by Carter

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Too bad this is football and not baseball.

White and, to a lesser extent, Simon are genuinely pissed at the Allen pick. And Beane knows it. But what pisses White of the most is this Bills regime can't be bullied by the media. So White can piss and moan all he likes and feed the trolls. The process moves on regardless.

Did you hear the interview below:

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/04-30-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-howard-and-jeremy

Beane:  How are you guys today?

Howard; Well you know...pretty good.  With the Sabres weekend, and you know, the draft and everything with you guys.  Pretty happy Monday here, so I'm excited.

Beane:  What a minute, you said "pretty good."  You mean not like you're really happy?  

Howard:  Brandon I'm a talk show host, I always find a way to...uh...no, I'm delighted.  I'm pumped.  I'm very happy actually.

Funny how tough Howard and Jeremy can talk about Beane...until they have a chance to speak with him directly.  Beane knew that too and called their bluff. 

Edited by BuffaloRush
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Did you hear the interview below:

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/04-30-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-howard-and-jeremy

Beane:  How are you guys today?

Howard; Well you know...pretty good.  With the Sabres weekend, and you know, the draft and everything with you guys.  Pretty happy Monday here, so I'm excited.

Beane:  What a minute, you said "pretty good."  You mean not like you're really happy?  

Howard:  Brandon I'm a talk show host, I always find a way to...uh...no, I'm delighted.  I'm pumped.  I'm very happy actually.

Funny how tough Howard and Jeremy can talk about Beane...until they have a chance to speak with him directly.  Beane knew that too and called their bluff.  Cowards.

What do you expect them to do?  This is how society works.

Did you want Howard or Jeremy to violently attack him and rage on him until he was pulp? That would not be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

How do you feel about this - the idea floated out on Twitter is that the vitriol from White and Schopp on the Bills passing on Rosen is derived from the fact that Rosen shares the same political beliefs that they have expressed publicly.   It makes sense - maybe that's part of it.  I just don't think they believe he'll be any good on the football field

1 minute ago, Carter said:

What do you expect them to do?  This is how society works.

Did you want Howard or Jeremy to violently attack him and rage on him until he was pulp? That would not be good. 

Um no....but rather being a complicit puppy dog during the interview saying "I'm pumped" they could have you know....acted like journalists.  Asked the tough questions?  Hold the decision makers accountable.   This happens in other markets and even right here at The Buffalo News.  Here's some light reading for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_journalism

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

All of the guys I just listed were first round picks and all were colossal busts. 

Just because a guy is a 1st round pick doesn't mean he's going to be any good.

So does that mean Allen will be a colossal bust ? If ye please tell me and ( maybe you can ) save me and so many others hopeful here the heartache of inevitability !

Although I was caught off guard and a little disappointed with the Allen pick originally, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Beane and McDermott are lightyears ahead of Schoop, Bulldog, Jeremy White and Howard Simon in football knowledge so I will continue to trust the process.  

I don't expect to be rude but they could have asked Beane " for those of us who favored Rosen tell us where we are wrong"  

they should own their opinion 

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Although I was caught off guard and a little disappointed with the Allen pick originally, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Beane and McDermott are lightyears ahead of Schoop, Bulldog, Jeremy White and Howard Simon in football knowledge so I will continue to trust the process.  

can't be ,  Schoop who never wants to punt is a football genius .  Jeremy and Schoop are both in love with stats.  

Not sure we can ever know the truth. Only Beane and a few in tight know. 

What I do know is that Beane got us a potential franchise QB, a potential franchise LB, arguably 2 Top 10 big board players, and didnt have to give up a pick from the 2019 draft. 

Just outstanding. 

17 minutes ago, PIZ said:

"This front office"?  The front office that passed over Watson and Mahomes isn't even a part of the team right now. McDermott, the coach, is the only decision maker that had anything to do with the 2017 draft.  

I also like to see Bills fans sticking up for their team.

Wow that must be a great land that McDermott lives in.

He gets credit for Tre, but had no responsibility in passing on Watson. 

What a gig

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I don't expect to be rude but they could have asked Beane " for those of us who favored Rosen tell us where we are wrong"  

they should own their opinion 

can't be ,  Schoop who never wants to punt is a football genius .  Jeremy and Schoop are both in love with stats.  

Ugh I get so sick of listening to those two idiots, if they were the football Guru's they think they are they would have positions in an NFL front office not working the phone lines at WGR 

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I have no idea how Brady scored. I honestly haven't read anything about his draft projection. 

What I have read is a number of articles about guys picked in the first round who looked and played like Allen. QBASE is a good one. Since 1997, 27 QBs with a negative rating have been picked in the first 100 picks. Not a single one of them has turned into a quality NFL player. The best of those 27 guys is Josh McCown, and notable disasters were Josh Freeman, JP Losman, Patrick Ramsay, Josh Freeman, etc. 

The Bills picked Allen because he has a rocket arm and looks like a QB. His game tape simply didn't show a 1st round calibre prospect. 

Wrong on Wentz. Wrong on Prescott.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/qbase-2016

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This was Vic Carucci's point as well.  It's wasn't just Beane and McDermott there were several other teams and analysts that ranked him higher

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

All of the guys I just listed were first round picks and all were colossal busts. 

Just because a guy is a 1st round pick doesn't mean he's going to be any good.

Have you ever played a sport, or are you just about numbers? Honest question. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree.

Figuring out what QBs are going to be successful isn't too hard. 

Teams get into trouble when they ignore the game film and picks guys based off their measurables or potential. 

It's really freaking hard to find a QB, and teams should be a lot more selective than they are. The "projects" rarely succeed in the NFL. 

It IS hard to find a QB as you stated. The data say it's pretty hard to pick which ones are going to be successful as well. No one team does it consistently better than anyone else. There are just too many variables. Bottom line, you don't know anything that the pros don't know. Neither do I. Not many people can do the job of NFL QB well . The payoff is big when you find one. That means teams will probably take more chances on guys, not less. 

29 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Or as a list of guys to potential interview as GM if (when) Allen blows up as a colossal bust and Beane gets fired. 

I'm not convinced that Beane would automatically be shown the door if Allen doesn't pan out. He does a lot more than just pick the QB. It's a huge deal, to be sure. But Pegula is on record as saying the Bills organization has suffered from turnover at the top. I think more would have to go wrong than that. They didn't mortgage the future and Beane could take another guy in a couple years. 

• Like (+1) 1