NYG OT Ereck Flowers Might Be Available; Should the Bills Have Interest?

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No. He is terrible.

This is such a simple way at looking at things.  He had talent to be a 1st round pick.  Sometimes, things aren’t the right fit.  Colts fans probably thought Hughes was terrible.  

I’m 100% in favor of kicking the tires on high round draft picks for the right price.  Good teams do it al the time.  Trust in your player development and if they don’t work out, it’s basicslly zero risk. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're right. I should have started a thread with a dumb ass rumor from nflchatter.com, Buffalo Fanatics or incarcerated bob. 

Who cares? Thread policing is pointless.  It's a message board, not a sacred text.

The discussions that people are most interested in will always have the most engagement, regardless of your opinion.  I don't like the rumor threads at all, but if the majority of the people do, then let them discuss it.  I don't have an issue with your thread either, it's just that you are often the one to call people out for discussing something that you find uninteresting, so let us have our fun when you start a topic on a random lineman for the giants.  I'm sure you can see the hypocrisy there, no?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is such a simple way at looking at things.  He had talent to be a 1st round pick.  Sometimes, things aren’t the right fit.  Colts fans probably thought Hughes was terrible.  

I’m 100% in favor of kicking the tires on high round draft picks for the right price.  Good teams do it al the time.  Trust in your player development and if they don’t work out, it’s basicslly zero risk. 

I think we have much better actual NFL evidence to judge Flowers than we did when he was coming out of college. The evidence shows that he is not good. Bad prognostications about players happen all of the time. It is low risk, but there is an opportunity cost in expending the energy on him. Kinda like the Jets with Maybin, the Redskins with Mike Williams, and Jax with Trent Edwards. 

Just now, fridge said:

Who cares? Thread policing is pointless.  It's a message board, not a sacred text.

The discussions that people are most interested in will always have the most engagement, regardless of your opinion.  I don't like the rumor threads at all, but if the majority of the people do, then let them discuss it.  I don't have an issue with your thread either, it's just that you are often the one to call people out for discussing something that you find uninteresting, so let us have our fun when you start a topic on a random lineman for the giants.  I'm sure you can see the hypocrisy there, no?

No I do not. He's a former 1st round pick who has some talent who'll be a reclamation project for another NFL team.  Perfectly legit subject.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No I do not. He's a former 1st round pick who has some talent who'll be a reclamation project for another NFL team.  Perfectly legit subject.

Says the guy who poops on Manziel, Cousins, and Foles threads. 

You’re a hypocrite who pretends he knows all, enjoy your medicine. 

Didnt flowers give up 6 sacks in a game this year ?     Give me Manziel > Flowers.  

Flowers sucks harder than your embarrassing takes on Foles and Cousins while white knighting for Tyrod ?☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Edited by Teddy KGB

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think we have much better actual NFL evidence to judge Flowers than we did when he was coming out of college. The evidence shows that he is not good. Bad prognostications about players happen all of the time. It is low risk, but there is an opportunity cost in expending the energy on him. Kinda like the Jets with Maybin, the Redskins with Mike Williams, and Jax with Trent Edwards. 

I’m not going to bang the table for Flowers because he’s been bad.  But with our current oline, I would throw a 7th for a former top 10 pick who’s 23.  I respect your list but there’s also players like Alex Smith, Hughes, Brandon Graham (who had 11.5 sacks through 4 years), etc who improved with age.

so while the odds are low Flowers becomes a good OT, are they any lower than a 7th round pick?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

One of John Butler’s worst first round picks ever.  Can’t believe he made the transition to OT and that he’s still in the league.  It’s a miracle teams would want to trade for him

You mean Jerry Reese?? Yeah he is awful. Maybe MacAdoo used him wrong, I don’t doubt it, but there’s hardly anything appealing about him.