Nekkid man kills 4 at Tennessee Waffle House

As a young man, I recall HUGE fights breaking out at Waffle houses and IHOP's, -especially in the wee hours between Sat. and Sunday... Once the bars and clubs let out, all  into the 24-hour eatries... It's truly a dangerous time to be hungry.

Selfless, compassionate, courageous, & humble. James, you are a hero in every sense of the word.

Sean Parnell added,

Chris ConteVerified account @chrisconte
James Shaw hasn't slept. He was shot at the Nashville Waffle House last night. He wrestled the assault rifle away from the gunman but told me he's "sorry he couldn't save more lives"

DbZ83rQX4AEi7yS.jpg
12:58 PM - 22 Apr 2018
  • Like (+1) 4

We throw the term "hero" around a lot, but really and honestly, James Shaw is one.  Think about it: have you ever been in a Waffle House?  They're all basically the same.  If someone walked into one with an assault rifle, he could basically take out most of the people inside before anyone had a chance to really react.  That only four people died is amazing, and that's due to Mr. Shaw. 

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The suspect wisely took of his coat prior to fleeing the crime scene.

You know, because walking around in public, buck naked, will not draw attention to yourself.

I commend you, Sir, for using the proper "buck naked," instead of the oft misused "butt naked."

Let me get this straight. They took his guns because of previous “issues.”....gave them to his Dad...who’s obviously done a bang up job of raising this community pillar....and he gives them back to him!!!!? I’m trying to figure out who gets awarded the Stupid Medal for this one.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Let me get this straight. They took his guns because of previous “issues.”....gave them to his Dad...who’s obviously done a bang up job of raising this community pillar....and he gives them back to him!!!!? I’m trying to figure out who gets awarded the Stupid Medal for this one.

They will just blame Dana Loesch.

20 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Thoughts and prayers to the people that survived to eat Waffle House cuisine.

I never thought I would see the words "Waffle House" and "cuisine" in the same sentence, let alone back to back like that.

10 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

The whole "gun problem" in America is honestly more of a "mental health management" problem.

Or maybe a little of both; seems like we need to do a much better job helping people with mental health issues, and then the gun industry needs to be on board with that as well so the wrong people have a hell of a hard time getting a gun.

Of course, you can always circumvent the law and just buy one from a criminal, but the number of mentally ill people who are going to pull that off might be much lower, which would help.