Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly it's the deal the Bills HAVE to make. Can't let Arizona/Miami or someone else jump up to that slot. 

I was criticized for suggesting this earlier, some people seem to believe, we will get a call before they pull the trigger on any deal because we have so much more capital that anyone else.

also, for those in the "we need to get higher to get OUR QB" camp, this just made the value of 2 and 4 cheaper.  if you tell the Giants that the Broncos are willing to do the trade for 12 and 22 straight up then it doesn't really make much sense to trade 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, next year's 1st to get only a few picks higher if you are happy with the talent that will be available at 5

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Browns and jets are taking a qb. Giants likely take barkley at 2. Browns won’t take 2 qbs. So we get the 3rd Qb in the draft. One of mayfield Rosen Darnold will be there. 5th is a great spot

How much will it cost us to move up?  Guesstimate.  Would 12 and 22 do it with 99 and 113 coming back from Denver.

Edited by jpsp3434
messed up

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I was criticized for suggesting this earlier, some people seem to believe, we will get a call before they pull the trigger on any deal because we have so much more capital that anyone else.

I think the feelers are already out there myself. Elway will know by draft night what Beane would give. 

4 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Browns and jets are taking a qb. Giants likely take barkley at 2. Browns won’t take 2 qbs. So we get the 3rd Qb in the draft. One of mayfield Rosen Darnold will be there. 5th is a great spot

Giants would be incredibly foolish to take Barkley at 2.  They will trade down or take a QB there.  

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly it's the deal the Bills HAVE to make. Can't let Arizona/Miami or someone else jump up to that slot. 

Two of the top 4 should be available at 5. First, don't negotiate against yourself. Second, I am in no way worried about another team out negotiating Brandon Beane. 

DEN, INDY, TB ... they aren't doing a thing until 1BD says "too rich". I think the reason our brain trust went to see Darnold is because they are pretty sure of Allen/#1 Mayfield #3 and both Rosen/Darnold available at the turn.

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

In all seriousness would anyone here have an issue with the Bills pulling the trigger now and making the jump to 5 without knowing who will be there? 

I'll hang up and listen. 

I would right now. But, then again I'm one of the few who is concerned that things won't work out so swimmingly for us.

I also worry we get so hung up on 2 and it falls apart on draft day, after someone has traded with Elway. But thats just me. others are more confident we have all the cards and people are looking at us.

Edited by horned dogs

of course he is.  Christ almighty- if someone wanted to trade me 12, 22, 53, 56, and next years 1st- I don't care if Aaron Rogers is in draft- give me the picks and watch my team destroy yours the next 5 years

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Two of the top 4 should be available at 5. First, don't negotiate against yourself. Second, I am in no way worried about another team out negotiating Brandon Beane. 

DEN, INDY, TB ... they aren't doing a thing until 1BD says "too rich". I think the reason our brain trust went to see Darnold is because they are pretty sure of Allen/#1 Mayfield #3 and both Rosen/Darnold available at the turn.

While I don't think Beane will get out negotiated, I do think that some team may get desperate and throw way too much up there.

Sometimes in business the best deals done are the ones you don't make.  I have confidence that Beane will find the best QB possible at the smartest value.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

In all seriousness would anyone here have an issue with the Bills pulling the trigger now and making the jump to 5 without knowing who will be there? 

I'll hang up and listen. 

Yes I would you’re guarenting one of the top 5 qbs